Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
rivi3, 13 January 2017, 12:42
davisvehicles wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
So, just went on effspot's livestream at the Tokyo auto show and I left a comment saying "Yo that car is sick" and I got mobbed by like 20 photographers trying to troll me, and they follow me everywhere I go. It gets so bad to the point that sometimes the person live streaming has to tell everyone to settle down.

Being in the car hobby makes me feel like I'm still in an elementary school where everybody still has their cliques and doesn't move on with their lives and I'm stuck there forever

I was on that livestream it was great but I was so confused about what was going on in the comments. Looks like drama follows you everywhere, sadly.

Yep that was what was going on. I really want to move to California or somewhere to get away from all of it. Northeast spotters are the worst. However because Instagram, they will probably keep trolling me wherever I go. I'm an outcast in a world where I'm not supposed to be.

rivi3
from New York
DjShift, 13 January 2017, 17:29
rivi3 wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
So, just went on effspot's livestream at the Tokyo auto show and I left a comment saying "Yo that car is sick" and I got mobbed by like 20 photographers trying to troll me, and they follow me everywhere I go. It gets so bad to the point that sometimes the person live streaming has to tell everyone to settle down.

Being in the car hobby makes me feel like I'm still in an elementary school where everybody still has their cliques and doesn't move on with their lives and I'm stuck there forever

I was on that livestream it was great but I was so confused about what was going on in the comments. Looks like drama follows you everywhere, sadly.

Yep that was what was going on. I really want to move to California or somewhere to get away from all of it. Northeast spotters are the worst. However because Instagram, they will probably keep trolling me wherever I go. I'm an outcast in a world where I'm not supposed to be.

Can't escape the people on the internet by moving to a new town or even country.

You'd have to change your online identity for that.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
rivi3, 13 January 2017, 21:28
DjShift wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

Can't escape the people on the internet by moving to a new town or even country.

At least I wouldn't have to see them anymore in person at the shows all huddled together on their phones.

rivi3
from New York
Lamborarri, 13 January 2017, 23:04
rivi3 wrote:
DjShift wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

At least I wouldn't have to see them anymore in person at the shows all huddled together on their phones.

Yeah most of the good Northeast photographers (with exceptions like Jon Wheel, Lamboshane, etc.) seem to be pretty rude and inconsiderate honestly. In the Chicago area, there aren't really any mean photographers that I'm aware of and every one of them that I've met have been very nice towards me and others.
Last modified by Lamborarri, 13 January 2017, 23:04

Lamborarri
from Illinois
Twinbros22, 14 January 2017, 00:32
Lamborarri wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
DjShift wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

Yeah most of the good Northeast photographers (with exceptions like Jon Wheel, Lamboshane, etc.) seem to be pretty rude and inconsiderate honestly. In the Chicago area, there aren't really any mean photographers that I'm aware of and every one of them that I've met have been very nice towards me and others.

That's why I usually stick to a close 2 or 3 NE spotters to talk to, I haven't been too fond of many of the spotters. Like you said @lamborarri, the Midwest spotters seem to be much friendlier.

Twinbros22
from South Carolina
Ma-auto, 14 January 2017, 01:15
Twinbros22 wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
DjShift wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

That's why I usually stick to a close 2 or 3 NE spotters to talk to, I haven't been too fond of many of the spotters. Like you said @lamborarri, the Midwest spotters seem to be much friendlier.

All the Boston carspotter kids are dicks. Plain and simple. A few of them are actually nice but 90% are intolerable

Ma-auto
from Boston, Massachusetts
911gt3rsfan, 14 January 2017, 02:34
This post was deleted 14 January 2017, 02:34 by 911gt3rsfan

911gt3rsfan
from Summit, New Jersey
911gt3rsfan, 14 January 2017, 02:35
This post was deleted 14 January 2017, 02:35 by 911gt3rsfan

911gt3rsfan
from Summit, New Jersey
911gt3rsfan, 14 January 2017, 02:36
Sorry to contradict you guys but most the NJ/NY/CT spotters (including you Rivi) I'm in contact with over with are extremely nice, although I don't know many from Boston.
Last modified by 911gt3rsfan, 14 January 2017, 02:37

911gt3rsfan
from Summit, New Jersey
Twinbros22, 14 January 2017, 06:32
911gt3rsfan wrote:
Sorry to contradict you guys but most the NJ/NY/CT spotters (including you Rivi) I'm in contact with over with are extremely nice, although I don't know many from Boston.

I've talked to a bunch through DMs, and they've been kind to me. I just don't car spot for the same reasons they all do. A lot of them are out for the likes (NOT all of them).

Twinbros22
from South Carolina
rivi3, 15 January 2017, 01:12
Twinbros22 wrote:
911gt3rsfan wrote:

I've talked to a bunch through DMs, and they've been kind to me. I just don't car spot for the same reasons they all do. A lot of them are out for the likes (NOT all of them).

Actually no. Once you get on Xbox with them they are asshats who talk sh*t about everyone. When I try to pipe up they tell me to shut up no matter what I say and then try to make me upset. They are all privileged assholes who try to sh*t on other people.

Forgot to say two years ago at Lime Rock Park, there was some photographer showing off his sharp photos and I asked how he got the photos to be so sharp. He told me "see this screw right here? You get a screwdriver and tighten it until it breaks".

rivi3
from New York
rivi3, 15 January 2017, 01:42
Went on effspot's stream again, again got mobbed by troll comments

rivi3
from New York
pdkcars, 15 January 2017, 02:02
Yeah I saw that. :/ I thought the IG car community was nicer. I just try to play along though.
Last modified by pdkcars, 15 January 2017, 02:18

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
DjShift, 15 January 2017, 03:05
rivi3 wrote:
Twinbros22 wrote:
911gt3rsfan wrote:

Actually no. Once you get on Xbox with them they are asshats who talk sh*t about everyone. When I try to pipe up they tell me to shut up no matter what I say and then try to make me upset. They are all privileged assholes who try to sh*t on other people.

Forgot to say two years ago at Lime Rock Park, there was some photographer showing off his sharp photos and I asked how he got the photos to be so sharp. He told me "see this screw right here? You get a screwdriver and tighten it until it breaks".

Not trying to offend you at all but you do realize you don't have to talk or even pay attention to those people at all right? You literally have no idea how many people used to make fun of me in high school (yes, I have mild aspergers, anxiety, ADD, insomnia, and everything else too); nobody would ever know unless I say it though. Guess what made those people more mad than anything else: ignoring or laughing with them when they'd make fun of me. Works every time.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
rivi3, 16 January 2017, 23:23
Everybody keeps telling me "ignore it, ignore it" but let me tell you something:

Imagine not feeling welcome everywhere you go like different people at school.

Then, you find a website or you meet people that pertain to your major interest.

But then, you're harassed in the one place you felt welcome so you basically have nowhere else to turn.

That's what I feel like right now. As far as I know, you don't get trolled on constantly, every day by multiple people. Even if you get trolled on IRL, you can still go through a car website without being harassed. I can't. I'm harassed everywhere I turn.
Last modified by rivi3, 16 January 2017, 23:24

rivi3
from New York
Post a reply