Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
langnews, 16 November 2016, 07:21
WTF is up with this site? It's practically dead. I logged on for the first time since august, and quite honestly I have not missed anything at all. Still the same boring layout and terrible quality photos. As I understood it, a redesign was "coming soon". Looks like the Admins just gave up on this site completely.

It's too bad. Even though I never posted any spots, I enjoyed looking at the cars every now and then. Thanks to the Admin's neglect, I no longer feel the need to even go to this website anymore. Autogespot and Flickr to name a few are highly superior alternatives.

It seems like if it isn't for Car Week pseudo-spots (which you all know those cars are there for a specific reason), or the usual Beverly Hills/London/Monaco spots, or spectator lot psuedo-spots this site is essentially dead.

So yeah, I'll delete my account now and leave (apparently, as many have already done so).

Admins should be ashamed of themselves for allowing a site with so much potential die off like this. Bye now.
Deleted account
sumosloths, 16 November 2016, 07:35
The site is always more active in the summer

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
bullchaser, 16 November 2016, 16:38
sumosloths wrote:
The site is always more active in the summer

It still has been down considerably. :(

bullchaser
from Illinois
DjShift, 16 November 2016, 17:15
I've noticed the same. The cars that are on the featured page now have been there forever. People haven't posted much in weeks

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
rivi3, 16 November 2016, 19:02
It hasn't been just ES. It's been Autogespot, Flickr, and other websites. I think it's because nobody can be bothered to go on a computer anymore and they want to be able to do everything right from their phones. That's why Instagram is taking off. But yeah, this site has not been active much anymore. I remember back in 2013 when it was lit af.

rivi3
from New York
Mazdafreak, 16 November 2016, 21:07
langnews wrote:
WTF is up with this site? It's practically dead. I logged on for the first time since august, and quite honestly I have not missed anything at all. Still the same boring layout and terrible quality photos. As I understood it, a redesign was "coming soon". Looks like the Admins just gave up on this site completely.

It's too bad. Even though I never posted any spots, I enjoyed looking at the cars every now and then. Thanks to the Admin's neglect, I no longer feel the need to even go to this website anymore. Autogespot and Flickr to name a few are highly superior alternatives.

It seems like if it isn't for Car Week pseudo-spots (which you all know those cars are there for a specific reason), or the usual Beverly Hills/London/Monaco spots, or spectator lot psuedo-spots this site is essentially dead.

So yeah, I'll delete my account now and leave (apparently, as many have already done so).

Admins should be ashamed of themselves for allowing a site with so much potential die off like this. Bye now.

What a ragequit xD

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Mustang1, 17 November 2016, 00:11
i may not come on here as much, but he is right, I'm not gonna rage quit, I've been part of this community for awhile now, but I'm still giving the admins a chance to make this site what it needs to be, this site still has a format that feels like it is from 2007, and it needs a change, and i feel some people on this site have the skill to give this site what it deserves, and the current admins just don't, or don't feel they have too because its dying anyway, but thats the thing, none of us want this site to die, we all have known each other through this site, and have shared some pretty good car spots throughout our time, and that is something that is so great, and i don't want it to fizzle out like it is doing, but it going down that hill and fast, so admins, wake the f*** up and make this site great again!

o, and i will try to post more, got 3 trillion spots that i haven't had time to post, stupid high school

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
r8lover, 17 November 2016, 01:04
Mustang1 wrote:
make this site great again!

Gregg/eplusplus 2016
Deleted account
Mustang1, 17 November 2016, 02:47
r8lover wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:
make this site great again!

Gregg/eplusplus 2016

thats what i was getting at

Mustang1
Lamborarri, 17 November 2016, 03:08
I've already put this comment up on here but didn't want to type it again so...

"Likes and favorites don't matter to me - never have, never will. But the activity has decreased exponentially over the past few months, even just from last September since I last logged on. Part of my absence was simply a lack of time, but when I joined this site a little under 2.5 years ago, there were lots of members representing a good chunk of the countries and towns in the world, and now there are some days where we only get spots from California, London, and Monaco. People have gotten tired of waiting for this update, me included if I am being completely honest. The promise of it sounds good, but to me it's like what Alfa Romeo kept doing when they pushed their launch back. It was years until they finally returned to America, and I'm seeing that trend starting to occur here. In the days leading up to his final time logging onto ES, West said that one of his biggest philosophies was "is the juice worth the squeeze", and he decided there wasn't enough juice coming from the proverbial fruit that he spent spotting then posting here every day. If you want to see his shots, he does post daily to Autogespot, which is a site that we need to catch up to in my honest opinion."

Lamborarri
from Illinois
hyoung90, 17 November 2016, 04:19
Damn straight this site isn't as active as it used to be. Like Rivi said, not just ES.. but Flickr and any other social media has gone down as well. Partially because people could care less to go spotting anymore (case in point, me.) or there's just not enough time of the day to do such thing. It is quite sad and honestly in today's society, walking around and taking pictures of cars on the streets with an actual DSLR makes people think you're suspicious. Lastly, it's regretful to see that we have shifted back to the iPhonography days...Partially the main reason why Instagram for example, is blowing up like never before.
I do remember 3 years or so back, where a simple shot of an R8 could fetch at least 15-20 likes unfeatured. Sadly that's not the case anymore. Most users on here can agree that we rarely press the 'all' button and when we do, we rarely go pass the 1st or 2nd page. I guess that spotting is just a phase, and isn't destined to catch on.

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
Mustang1, 17 November 2016, 17:30
hyoung90 wrote:
Damn straight this site isn't as active as it used to be. Like Rivi said, not just ES.. but Flickr and any other social media has gone down as well. Partially because people could care less to go spotting anymore (case in point, me.) or there's just not enough time of the day to do such thing. It is quite sad and honestly in today's society, walking around and taking pictures of cars on the streets with an actual DSLR makes people think you're suspicious. Lastly, it's regretful to see that we have shifted back to the iPhonography days...Partially the main reason why Instagram for example, is blowing up like never before.
I do remember 3 years or so back, where a simple shot of an R8 could fetch at least 15-20 likes unfeatured. Sadly that's not the case anymore. Most users on here can agree that we rarely press the 'all' button and when we do, we rarely go pass the 1st or 2nd page. I guess that spotting is just a phase, and isn't destined to catch on.

i have always used a small camera, and do the dslr was never a problem for me, and i never felt weird, and i still spot whenever i can, its just that this site isn't worth it, there r still a lot of people that spot, its just they decide to go to much better websites

Mustang1
obsidianspots, 17 November 2016, 18:32
IDC if its a phase i still love seeing and taking pics of exotics. I mean i miss alot of good pics cuz ive been blazing too much and not able to pay attention but idc ima spot or die.

obsidianspots
from Rochester, New York
Ferrarifanman, 17 November 2016, 19:03
Yeah, it's pretty dead. That's why I haven't posted here in at least a month. I just feel like even if I post one of my best spots, it might get 40/10. I think if the admins brought in a new update (because this site has essentially been the exact same since I joined 6 years ago), that would bring some people back. I keep hearing about this supposed update, but it's nowhere to be seen. I guess we'll see what happens, and I still have trust in the admins that they know what they're doing.

Ferrarifanman
sumosloths, 17 November 2016, 22:21
I agree with you all here. It's really sad to say but spotting just isn't what it used to be. All the best photographers seem to have moved on to bigger and better things. The only website I use that still has a decent spotting scene is Facebook. I don't want to have to use Instagram man.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Post a reply