Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
davisvehicles, 22 November 2016, 01:33
r8lover wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
They want quality stuff on their website...I just wish they allowed older cars on there like the old Rolls-Royces and stuff.

So they want quality stuff and yet they allow cr*p like Mustang GTs and other basic muscle cars? And yet they don't allow actual exotic things like Rolls Royces? What a joke lol.

Also, on the license plate thing. It seems like quite a bizarre rule to have, especially if the owner wanted the poster to be more private with the uploading and avoid having the plates in the photos or posting the plates anywhere.

rivi3 wrote:
This is really just a website to track people's cars.

See? That sort of stuff is just exceedingly creepy to me. It should be renamed Stalkergespot.

Yes lol this sums up my problems with the site.

davisvehicles
from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
hyoung90, 22 November 2016, 01:37
rivi3 wrote:
hyoung90 wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:
Uploaded a aventador that I spotted and a 458 was parked next to it. said you couldnt have two exotics in one shot! lol!! Also the plate sht is annoying.

That is some bulls**t. I've posted many combos on there before. The mods must hate new members or something.

I hate AG for similar reasons. Uploaded the infamous dallas combo of the huayra and One-77 and they said it's too suspicious and there's no license plates, so it got deleted.
Like who in the f**king world would put front license plate on a hypercar and I guess having two hypercars in the same place is too suspicious for AG to handle

No, it's because you're not following the rules. You have to put license plate numbers on every car you see. Read my previous posts on why that is.

And also it seems to me that you have no front pics. AG needs front pics as well. They want quality stuff on their website.

I just wish they allowed older cars on there like the old Rolls-Royces and stuff. Somebody should just make a website where you find anything cool or interesting on the road and you can upload anything you want as long as it was found in the wild.

The owners themselves didn't even put license plates on them. What do they want me to do? Draw one on? That's just about the stupidest rule. Plus I uploaded 6 photos.. from every damn angle. Guess you can't join a site and automatically upload a one-77 and Huayra combo
If shots from a Nikon 5100 are not 'quality' enough, then half of their site would be deleted

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
waddle2gracious, 22 November 2016, 03:02
I don't make it onto the forums often at all, but I had to read this thread. I was going to make an AG account here in the coming months, but now since I have read through this thread, that place doesn't seem like somewhere where I'd want to be. I too do not want to post license plate shots, as I do not want to get into legal or privacy issues.

Additionally, I'm a little too far 'invested' in this site to quit. As I said in a comment thread on a spot (I cannot remember where), I am just starting to feel at home here. I don't want to move out of the home I just recently moved into.

Lastly, there really is no way to serve the needs and desires of every spotter, and therefore, there's no way to make the perfect site. But, to me, this site has the capability to be the closest thing to a perfect car spotting website, but I do not see that happening in the future. Mods: let's go, the lake is draining slowly but surely...

Even though I've only been here for just over a year, I remember a day where, as similarly mentioned, even a GranCabrio could get a solid 12-15 likes. Now, good luck getting 6. Because I find joy in spotting even the most common exotics, that is rather disappointing to me. Do likes and favorites matter to me for rankings? No. Do likes and favorites matter to let me know other users enjoy seeing my spots? Absolutely. They make me feel more welcome, and encourage me to spend more time here with the amazing spotters on this site. For example, I cannot thank the users enough for the support of my CLK GTR Supersports spot back in May. Even that hit 108 likes/60 favorites, which I believe is one of the highest ranked spots in the past 7 or so months. It's fun to share such a moment with other people who will appreciate the rarity of something like that.

I'll remain on this site, I'm not quitting. But, I cannot rule out possibly switching to a different site, just to compare and try things out.

waddle2gracious
from Florida
Mazdafreak, 22 November 2016, 03:15
I am pretty sure it is not illegal to post license plates, as they are displayed publicly.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
r8lover, 22 November 2016, 03:52
Mazdafreak wrote:
I am pretty sure it is not illegal to post license plates, as they are displayed publicly.

I didn't say it was illegal. But posting them for the purpose of tracking cars is just so strange and creepy.
Deleted account
rivi3, 22 November 2016, 13:44
Mustang1 wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:
Seems to me that exoticspotter will be the next chasingexotics... except that site was even better but at the end there were just no active members. Autogespot is just awful. My photos got taken down for literally the stupidest reasons and I dont like taking a million pictures of one car so I just couldnt deal with that site. Instagram is for sure the way to go and I like it a lot, also facebook (but the only thing that makes instagram enjoyable is that I have a decent amount of followers). Just too bad there arent anymore solid car spotting websites.

i spotted a 1 of 172 porsche 911 turbo and they took it down for "not being exotic enough" but a 2005 mustang Gt is

You have to remember that this website is based in the Netherlands where import taxes are incredibly high. For somebody to have a Mustang in the United States isn't a big deal, but everywhere else it's a huge deal.

And just how old was the 911?

the first ever turbo 911 from 1975-1976

Yep. That will do it. It's too old to be posted.

rivi3
from New York
rivi3, 22 November 2016, 13:46
hyoung90 wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
hyoung90 wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:
Uploaded a aventador that I spotted and a 458 was parked next to it. said you couldnt have two exotics in one shot! lol!! Also the plate sht is annoying.

That is some bulls**t. I've posted many combos on there before. The mods must hate new members or something.

I hate AG for similar reasons. Uploaded the infamous dallas combo of the huayra and One-77 and they said it's too suspicious and there's no license plates, so it got deleted.
Like who in the f**king world would put front license plate on a hypercar and I guess having two hypercars in the same place is too suspicious for AG to handle

No, it's because you're not following the rules. You have to put license plate numbers on every car you see. Read my previous posts on why that is.

And also it seems to me that you have no front pics. AG needs front pics as well. They want quality stuff on their website.

I just wish they allowed older cars on there like the old Rolls-Royces and stuff. Somebody should just make a website where you find anything cool or interesting on the road and you can upload anything you want as long as it was found in the wild.

The owners themselves didn't even put license plates on them. What do they want me to do? Draw one on? That's just about the stupidest rule. Plus I uploaded 6 photos.. from every damn angle. Guess you can't join a site and automatically upload a one-77 and Huayra combo
If shots from a Nikon 5100 are not 'quality' enough, then half of their site would be deleted

Not having plates is sketchy, that says to them that it came from a show. I would wait and post smaller stuff before you automatically start uploading those shots.

rivi3
from New York
rivi3, 22 November 2016, 13:48
r8lover wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:

I didn't say it was illegal. But posting them for the purpose of tracking cars is just so strange and creepy.

Hey I do it too. In Lightroom, I have everybody's plates tagged just so I can organize and have separate folders for every car just in case people want pictures of their car.

rivi3
from New York
r8lover, 22 November 2016, 18:28
rivi3 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:

Hey I do it too. In Lightroom, I have everybody's plates tagged just so I can organize and have separate folders for every car just in case people want pictures of their car.

That doesn't change my opinion on it. Have owners actually ever asked to see more pictures of their car?
Deleted account
rivi3, 22 November 2016, 22:11
r8lover wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:

That doesn't change my opinion on it. Have owners actually ever asked to see more pictures of their car?

Yes actually. Sometimes when I post a pic on Flickr they want to see the car in the background, so I search up the plate and I find it right there. Or when the owner gets a new car with the same plate, I have a timeline on which cars they had before vs. the cars they have now.

rivi3
from New York
rivi3, 23 November 2016, 00:13
Somebody needs to make either a website or a mobile app that appeals to everybody. I think there needs to be a website where people can upload whatever the f*ck they want as long as it was found on the road.

rivi3
from New York
DjShift, 23 November 2016, 00:36
rivi3 wrote:
Somebody needs to make either a website or a mobile app that appeals to everybody. I think there needs to be a website where people can upload whatever the f*ck they want as long as it was found on the road.

That would be a cool idea to me but I think that's far from appealing to everybody.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
rivi3, 23 November 2016, 03:09
DjShift wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

That would be a cool idea to me but I think that's far from appealing to everybody.

Whatever the f*ck they want whether on the road or at a show. Basically a Flickr for cars only.

rivi3
from New York
DjShift, 23 November 2016, 03:46
rivi3 wrote:
DjShift wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

Whatever the f*ck they want whether on the road or at a show. Basically a Flickr for cars only.

I knew what you were saying and if there was a site like that, I'd definitely join it but I'm saying some of the people in here would love that and some are already arguing that ES and AG allows too much. There's literally no way to make a site that would even appeal to everyone in this thread alone.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
Eeti, 23 November 2016, 13:24
davisvehicles wrote:
Autogespot is just awful. My photos got taken down for literally the stupidest reasons and I dont like taking a million pictures of one car so I just couldnt deal with that site..

Maybe that's the reason it's the most popular car spotting site by a huge margin. They actually have some standards for quality, unlike for example this site.
Deleted account
Post a reply