Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
rivi3, 03 January 2017, 03:06
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
I forgot one of the most classic examples of selfishness in the community:

I found out that fastlane.photography was having a rally and a bunch of cars were going to be showing up at this place called Hayfield's, which is this country market in North Salem, New York. It's about a 20 minute drive from where I am and I was already planning on going to the Cars & Coffee they were having that morning, so I decided to go to the Cars & Coffee and wait for them to arrive afterwards as I heard they were going to be arriving at around 12:00. Sure enough, they all came and I got my pictures. I told fastlane that it was a great rally and he said "thank you"

As soon as I got home, I posted a picture of a matte purple Z06 from there which was met with fastlane yelling at me on Instagram saying "Not cool you showed up uninvited. Don't do it again" (even though Hayfield's is a public place on Route 121 where anybody could have seen it and I had every right to be there)

That seems pretty uncalled for, also not sure why he didn't say it to your face, if he saw you there. Make sure not to miss the next one you find out about :P

Because he's a pussy and he knows damn well that he's in the wrong.

And I'll make sure not to :)
Last modified by rivi3, 03 January 2017, 03:06

rivi3
from New York
pdkcars, 06 January 2017, 23:15
I haven't really been spotting at all much lately down here. I just posted three pics of an Audi S8 and Mercedes S63 AMG I saw a few weeks ago. Cars & Coffee in San Antonio has also been on hiatus for a while but luckily it's coming back next Saturday. But not much spotting. It also doesn't help that I get uncomfortable from how much attention it seems to draw out in public. To the point where I can't get pictures of a bright green Bentley without people around me looking suspicious. I would definitely like to get back to posting frequently and eventually start posting here again.
Last modified by pdkcars, 06 January 2017, 23:16

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
911gt3rsfan, 07 January 2017, 18:14
Haven't been spotting good cars much lately myself. When I do, it's mostly in Greenwich and Manhattan, and personally I like spotting in Manhattan better since people are friendlier there even though Greenwich has nicer cars. In Greenwich, I usually get at least one suspicious look or "hey, what are you doing?" from the owners since Greenwich people love their privacy so much to the point where Miller Motorcars doesn't even announce publicly their Mclaren Owners rally.

Also, one thing that infuriates me is that I had made a vlog once for my YouTube channel, but I had to stop vlogging since when I made a vlog, someone commented that I look like a school shooter and that my voice bothers them. I can't help it, I'm an autistic with Asperger's.

Lastly, to Rivi's point I follow justlivin on instagram and I too cringe whenever I see them blocking traffic with their fleet of Ghosts just to get pictures.
Last modified by 911gt3rsfan, 07 January 2017, 18:19

911gt3rsfan
from Summit, New Jersey
rivi3, 07 January 2017, 19:08
911gt3rsfan wrote:
Haven't been spotting good cars much lately myself. When I do, it's mostly in Greenwich and Manhattan, and personally I like spotting in Manhattan better since people are friendlier there even though Greenwich has nicer cars. In Greenwich, I usually get at least one suspicious look or "hey, what are you doing?" from the owners since Greenwich people love their privacy so much to the point where Miller Motorcars doesn't even announce publicly their Mclaren Owners rally.

Also, one thing that infuriates me is that I had made a vlog once for my YouTube channel, but I had to stop vlogging since when I made a vlog, someone commented that I look like a school shooter and that my voice bothers them. I can't help it, I'm an autistic with Asperger's.

Lastly, to Rivi's point I follow justlivin on instagram and I too cringe whenever I see them blocking traffic with their fleet of Ghosts just to get pictures.

"I'm autistic with Asperger's"

Join the club bruh

rivi3
from New York
911gt3rsfan, 07 January 2017, 22:00
rivi3 wrote:
911gt3rsfan wrote:

"I'm autistic with Asperger's"

Join the club bruh

Thanks man, BTW I'm paganilover2 on Instagram and we talked recently about how you got kicked out of Richard's.

911gt3rsfan
from Summit, New Jersey
Mazdafreak, 09 January 2017, 02:22
911gt3rsfan wrote:

It's not like one jealous little twerp with a phone in his hands speaks for the entire world. When you're producing your own content, you don't take cr*p from anyone; if he finds you annoying, he can find something else to watch. You don't stop vlogging just because someone thinks you're annoying, especially when you yourself are producing the content.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
ExoticGuy, 09 January 2017, 03:30
I haven't been online since June (half a year ago) and it doesn't seem like I've missed much. I haven't posted on here at all and I'm not sure if I want to anymore. I'm posting much more frequently on Instagram for some reason, oh well. It was so much fun in the old days, but now it seems like this site is dying.

ExoticGuy
from Dallas, Texas
DjShift, 09 January 2017, 17:07
I seem to be the only one who really likes the site itself as-is. I just wish is was as busy as it was a few years ago.

And I feel like the less activity the site gets, the more people will want to quit so it's gonna go down exponentially unless something of some sort happens and soon.

Even I used to spend like 4-6 hours each day on here back in high school. Now maybe 10-30 minutes.
Last modified by DjShift, 09 January 2017, 17:08

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
pdkcars, 10 January 2017, 14:24
I think the fact that I visit Autogespot so much hurts it for me.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
FanOfSuperCars, 10 January 2017, 18:48
DjShift wrote:
I seem to be the only one who really likes the site itself as-is. I just wish is was as busy as it was a few years ago.

And I feel like the less activity the site gets, the more people will want to quit so it's gonna go down exponentially unless something of some sort happens and soon.

Even I used to spend like 4-6 hours each day on here back in high school. Now maybe 10-30 minutes.

I'll always say the gallardo picture days were the glory days of ES.

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
rivi3, 10 January 2017, 21:22
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
DjShift wrote:

I can't go five seconds without cringing when I read those comments now. I can see why everybody hated me so much...

rivi3
from New York
DjShift, 10 January 2017, 22:40
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
DjShift wrote:

So true. So incredibly true.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
rivi3, 11 January 2017, 18:15
You know if you zoom out of the website where a picture is, the resolution is a lot better for some reason.

rivi3
from New York
rivi3, 13 January 2017, 01:40
So, just went on effspot's livestream at the Tokyo auto show and I left a comment saying "Yo that car is sick" and I got mobbed by like 20 photographers trying to troll me, and they follow me everywhere I go. It gets so bad to the point that sometimes the person live streaming has to tell everyone to settle down.

Being in the car hobby makes me feel like I'm still in an elementary school where everybody still has their cliques and doesn't move on with their lives and I'm stuck there forever

rivi3
from New York
davisvehicles, 13 January 2017, 03:41
rivi3 wrote:
So, just went on effspot's livestream at the Tokyo auto show and I left a comment saying "Yo that car is sick" and I got mobbed by like 20 photographers trying to troll me, and they follow me everywhere I go. It gets so bad to the point that sometimes the person live streaming has to tell everyone to settle down.

Being in the car hobby makes me feel like I'm still in an elementary school where everybody still has their cliques and doesn't move on with their lives and I'm stuck there forever

I was on that livestream it was great but I was so confused about what was going on in the comments. Looks like drama follows you everywhere, sadly.

davisvehicles
from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Post a reply