Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Mustang1, 20 November 2016, 18:31
davisvehicles wrote:
Seems to me that exoticspotter will be the next chasingexotics... except that site was even better but at the end there were just no active members. Autogespot is just awful. My photos got taken down for literally the stupidest reasons and I dont like taking a million pictures of one car so I just couldnt deal with that site. Instagram is for sure the way to go and I like it a lot, also facebook (but the only thing that makes instagram enjoyable is that I have a decent amount of followers). Just too bad there arent anymore solid car spotting websites.

i spotted a 1 of 172 porsche 911 turbo and they took it down for "not being exotic enough" but a 2005 mustang Gt is

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
davisvehicles, 20 November 2016, 18:54
rivi3 wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:
Seems to me that exoticspotter will be the next chasingexotics... except that site was even better but at the end there were just no active members. Autogespot is just awful. My photos got taken down for literally the stupidest reasons and I dont like taking a million pictures of one car so I just couldnt deal with that site. Instagram is for sure the way to go and I like it a lot, also facebook (but the only thing that makes instagram enjoyable is that I have a decent amount of followers). Just too bad there arent anymore solid car spotting websites.

The standards for AG are high for sure. You gotta make sure you get solid pictures of every car you spot with the plate visible. What reasons did they give for your spots being deleted?

Uploaded a aventador that I spotted and a 458 was parked next to it. said you couldnt have two exotics in one shot! lol!! Also the plate sht is annoying.
Last modified by davisvehicles, 20 November 2016, 18:54

davisvehicles
from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Mazdafreak, 20 November 2016, 22:34
davisvehicles wrote:
Uploaded a aventador that I spotted and a 458 was parked next to it. said you couldnt have two exotics in one shot! lol!! Also the plate sht is annoying.

That is some bulls**t. I've posted many combos on there before. The mods must hate new members or something.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
hyoung90, 21 November 2016, 04:51
Mazdafreak wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:

That is some bulls**t. I've posted many combos on there before. The mods must hate new members or something.

I hate AG for similar reasons. Uploaded the infamous dallas combo of the huayra and One-77 and they said it's too suspicious and there's no license plates, so it got deleted.
Like who in the f**king world would put front license plate on a hypercar and I guess having two hypercars in the same place is too suspicious for AG to handle
Last modified by hyoung90, 21 November 2016, 04:52

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
Star080, 21 November 2016, 06:25
AG is surely confusing as hell.

I believe it is possible to edit your spots (i.e. upload/delete a few more photos, remove your spot completely, change your descriptions etc.), it seems some people knows how to do that (I've seen some spots that only has 3 photos in the beginning, but the next time I check that spot it has more photos. Well the spotter might have deleted that spot and uploaded again lol, who the hell knows.)

And yeah, license plate rules. This is what I really hate that website as well. Spots with wiped license plate get deleted because of this rule. The only acceptable way to prevent wiped license plate spots here is to send the mods original photos-let em know about the license plate of that car. This rule is bullsh*t. Some owners asked me do not show their license plate numbers when uploading them online! I don't want to get into any legal troubles.

You guys complained about your spots get deleted by AG due to not filling in the license plate number. Well, I have seen even weirder sh*ts. Some of my old spots got deleted cuz I "didn't fill in the license plate correctly." When I first started to upload my Canadian spots on AG, I fill the license plate number as something like "Alberta BBB-0000," because this car is from a certain state/province, right? But it was deleted cuz the "correct format" should be "BBB-0000". Kay WTF. But when I was uploading my spots from China, I always fill in the license plate as: i.e. 沪A(The regional codes of Chinese license plates, this code stands for downtown Shanghai)00000, and they never had a problem with that. WTF?

The rule of uploading photos that are less than 3mb also sucks.

And I think spotters should upload at least 3 photos on AG, otherwise the mods will remove that spot.

That's why I love ES more than AG, even though sometimes I got a little pissed off if some of my good spots did not get a lot of L/Fs. Too bad there are fewer active members at this moment. What's gonna happen in 2017?
Last modified by Star080, 21 November 2016, 06:31

Star080
DjShift, 21 November 2016, 19:05
Star080 wrote:
AG is surely confusing as hell.

That's why I love ES more than AG, even though sometimes I got a little pissed off if some of my good spots did not get a lot of L/Fs. Too bad there are fewer active members at this moment. What's gonna happen in 2017?

2017 Trump will be president so I think ES will be fixed again.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
Mustang1, 21 November 2016, 19:43
And I think spotters should upload at least 3 photos on AG, otherwise the mods will remove that spot.

i saw a pic of a huyara with 4 decent pics an it got taken down

Mustang1
rivi3, 21 November 2016, 22:01
1) The only way people edit your spots is if you delete and repost. I do that a lot with cars I see more than once

2) Rules are at least one photo of the front and one of the back (excluding Carrera and Bentley Continentals, which need at least four)

3) Yeah the license plates can be a pain in the ass but the reason being is because of the way the Spotter Top 100 algorithm works. It is based on how many stars a user has. You earn a star every time you find a new car that hasn't been spotted before or you find it in a different city than were it usually is.

For example, if I find an Audi S7 Sportback with the plates are "ABC 123", and it doesn't show autofill, that is a surefire way to get a star. Or, if you find a Pagani Huayra with plates reading "PAGANI" that is usually found in Greenwich but you find it in Stamford instead, you will get a star as well. However, if you were to upload that same Pagani that somebody has already spotted before in the same town as the other spotter, you will not get a star.

If the plates are blanked, they cannot determine whether the car has been spotted before and if they should give you a star. That's why it's an issue. You can always just send them the plate beforehand, they're not going to post it anywhere. But you still have to put the plate number in the license plate field.

rivi3
from New York
rivi3, 21 November 2016, 22:02
4) 3 MB = 3000 KB. If you're using Lightroom, you can check the box reading "Limit file size to" and put "3000" in the field. That will reduce the size to 3 KB.
5) Take more pictures of the cars you find then. Idk what to tell you. The more photos, the better.

rivi3
from New York
rivi3, 21 November 2016, 22:03
davisvehicles wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:

The standards for AG are high for sure. You gotta make sure you get solid pictures of every car you spot with the plate visible. What reasons did they give for your spots being deleted?

1) How many photos of the Aventador did you take and of what parts?
2) That's because you can't kill two birds with one stone. Each car you see has to be in a separate post because of all of the license plate stuff. This is really just a website to track people's cars. It's quite interesting once you really start getting into it.
Last modified by rivi3, 21 November 2016, 22:04

rivi3
from New York
rivi3, 21 November 2016, 22:06
hyoung90 wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:

I hate AG for similar reasons. Uploaded the infamous dallas combo of the huayra and One-77 and they said it's too suspicious and there's no license plates, so it got deleted.
Like who in the f**king world would put front license plate on a hypercar and I guess having two hypercars in the same place is too suspicious for AG to handle

No, it's because you're not following the rules. You have to put license plate numbers on every car you see. Read my previous posts on why that is.

And also it seems to me that you have no front pics. AG needs front pics as well. They want quality stuff on their website.

I just wish they allowed older cars on there like the old Rolls-Royces and stuff. Somebody should just make a website where you find anything cool or interesting on the road and you can upload anything you want as long as it was found in the wild.

rivi3
from New York
rivi3, 21 November 2016, 22:08
Mustang1 wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:

i spotted a 1 of 172 porsche 911 turbo and they took it down for "not being exotic enough" but a 2005 mustang Gt is

You have to remember that this website is based in the Netherlands where import taxes are incredibly high. For somebody to have a Mustang in the United States isn't a big deal, but everywhere else it's a huge deal.

And just how old was the 911?

rivi3
from New York
r8lover, 21 November 2016, 22:15
rivi3 wrote:
They want quality stuff on their website...I just wish they allowed older cars on there like the old Rolls-Royces and stuff.

So they want quality stuff and yet they allow cr*p like Mustang GTs and other basic muscle cars? And yet they don't allow actual exotic things like Rolls Royces? What a joke lol.

Also, on the license plate thing. It seems like quite a bizarre rule to have, especially if the owner wanted the poster to be more private with the uploading and avoid having the plates in the photos or posting the plates anywhere.

rivi3 wrote:
This is really just a website to track people's cars.

See? That sort of stuff is just exceedingly creepy to me. It should be renamed Stalkergespot.
Last modified by r8lover, 21 November 2016, 22:17
Deleted account
Mustang1, 22 November 2016, 01:00
rivi3 wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:

You have to remember that this website is based in the Netherlands where import taxes are incredibly high. For somebody to have a Mustang in the United States isn't a big deal, but everywhere else it's a huge deal.

And just how old was the 911?

the first ever turbo 911 from 1975-1976

Mustang1
davisvehicles, 22 November 2016, 01:32
rivi3 wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:
rivi3 wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:

1) How many photos of the Aventador did you take and of what parts?
2) That's because you can't kill two birds with one stone. Each car you see has to be in a separate post because of all of the license plate stuff. This is really just a website to track people's cars. It's quite interesting once you really start getting into it.

1) 4 pictures, 1 with the license plate.
2) well that is honestly a really dumb rule. Why do they even care about the license plates? Its quite annoying for people who just want to show off a picture or two of the car they just spotted. Takes the fun out of casual spotting, there are way to many rules for it to be fun anymore. But if you like it, who am I to judge. Do what you enjoy and if you enjoy AG, keep on using it!

davisvehicles
from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Post a reply