Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
rivi3, 23 June 2016, 18:20
One time in August 2014 I was taking a pic of a 1989 Toyota Camry LE at Walgreen's in New Canaan for my Connecticut Early American/Classic Vehicle plate collection and this crazy black guy comes out of Walgreen's and tells me to delete the pictures or else he'll call the cops. So I deleted the pictures, and left.

Found it again in January 2015 and took a pic of it when he wasn't looking with no fucks given

[http://oi64.tinypic.com/35mqq7q.jpg]

rivi3
from New York
DjShift, 23 June 2016, 18:41
rivi3 wrote:
I've gotten a lot of different reactions from people, but this one takes the cake:

[https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8781/16985606157_513d568518_b.jpg]

Accidentally reported the post when clicking reply so sorry about that but that's pretty funny. You sure he was doing that to you though it another driver?

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
Mtweedel13, 23 June 2016, 19:31
On my way back from camping in NC last year, we stopped in Hampton, GA to get gas. While my parents and brother were in the store, I noticed an older M5 parked at one of the pumps, so I got out, and started taking pictures with my tablet (phone was dead). The owner walked up, and we started talking, he opened the hood up for me, and even took a picture of me beside the car. Easily one of the nicest owners I've ever met!
Last modified by Mtweedel13, 23 June 2016, 19:31

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
sumosloths, 24 June 2016, 06:46
Spotted an Alpina B6 at a gas station a few months ago. The guy came out and said "the pictures are fine, but no plates!". He seemed to have dealt with spotters before and knew I could edit out the plates if he said so.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
r8lover, 24 June 2016, 21:10
Mtweedel13 wrote:
On my way back from camping in NC last year, we stopped in Hampton, GA to get gas. While my parents and brother were in the store, I noticed an older M5 parked at one of the pumps, so I got out, and started taking pictures with my tablet (phone was dead). The owner walked up, and we started talking, he opened the hood up for me, and even took a picture of me beside the car. Easily one of the nicest owners I've ever met!

I love owners like that. They seem to be a rarity at times too.
Deleted account
hjrodenburg, 25 June 2016, 04:51
Mtweedel13 wrote:

The same happened to me. My friend and I were biking when we saw a Delorean. We started to take pictures, and the owner walked up and opened the doors for us. He even let us sit in it.

hjrodenburg
from Washington
SDJ2_Photography, 25 June 2016, 17:35
I was taking some photos of a black Chevy SS (one of my favorite cars) the other day. The owner came out of the store he was in, asked me why he was taking pictures, I explained to him that it's one of my favorite cars. He said, sounding rather surprised, "You know what this is?" And I was like yeah it's a Holden Commodore with a Chevy badge and a Corvette engine, pretty rare. He was really impressed, opened the hood and the doors and let me look around. Really nice guy!

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
pdkcars, 23 August 2016, 18:11
sumosloths wrote:
911gt3rsfan wrote:
I was taking pics of a Maserati Quattroporte in town last week, and the women asked me why I was taking pics of her car, so I told her because it was Maserati. She didn't say anything after that, so I assumed she was okay with it. Then I took a picture of the back, and the woman literally got out of her car and told me to stop. One of the very few bad experiences I had with owners.

Once I was taking pics of a Datsun 510 wagon, and a woman came up to me and asked me why I was taking pictures of her car. I told her it was cool or whatever, and that I could photoshop out the plates if she wanted. She said "yeah, you better do that" but she didn't tell me to stop.

The whole plate thing is hilarious. You've got folks on IG showing off their whole collection with their plates without a care.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
sumosloths, 24 August 2016, 00:12
pdkcars wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
911gt3rsfan wrote:
I was taking pics of a Maserati Quattroporte in town last week, and the women asked me why I was taking pics of her car, so I told her because it was Maserati. She didn't say anything after that, so I assumed she was okay with it. Then I took a picture of the back, and the woman literally got out of her car and told me to stop. One of the very few bad experiences I had with owners.

Once I was taking pics of a Datsun 510 wagon, and a woman came up to me and asked me why I was taking pictures of her car. I told her it was cool or whatever, and that I could photoshop out the plates if she wanted. She said "yeah, you better do that" but she didn't tell me to stop.

The whole plate thing is hilarious. You've got folks on IG showing off their whole collection with their plates without a care.

It's such a dumb thing to worry about. What are we gonna do, look them up? What's so bad about seeing someone's plate online when thousands of people see it in person every day?

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
dandude999, 24 August 2016, 06:45
The only bad reactionI have had is when I was taking a picture of the Bentley and a random guy came up to me and said: "Oi, What are you doing". I said the Bentley was a nice car and he just walked away.

I have had loads of good reactions, though. When I was in London taking pictures of an SLS the butler at the hotel let me sit in it and drove me to where he was supposed to park it.

Sometimes owners talk to me about their car but don't let me sit in it.

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
rivi3, 24 August 2016, 19:35
rivi3 wrote:
I've gotten a lot of different reactions from people, but this one takes the cake:

[https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8781/16985606157_513d568518_b.jpg]

The saga continues:

[http://ag-spots-2016.o.auroraobjects.eu/2016/08/20/ford-mustang-gt-convertible-2010-c180920082016183124_4.jpg]
[http://ag-spots-2016.o.auroraobjects.eu/2016/08/20/ford-mustang-gt-convertible-2010-c180920082016183124_1.jpg]

rivi3
from New York
SDJ2_Photography, 24 August 2016, 20:53
The question is, why were you even taking a photo of that? @rivi3
Last modified by SDJ2_Photography, 24 August 2016, 20:53

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
rivi3, 24 August 2016, 21:46
SDJ2_Photography wrote:

Autogespot :P

rivi3
from New York
r8lover, 25 August 2016, 03:36
rivi3 wrote:
SDJ2_Photography wrote:

The questions still remains lol.
Deleted account
zonda21, 25 August 2016, 03:36
rivi3 wrote:
SDJ2_Photography wrote:

That's kinda pathetic, it's not even a GT500...

zonda21
from Rochester , New York
Post a reply