Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Eeti, 23 July 2014, 10:27
I'ts funny when you notice afterwards that the driver was giving you a thumbs up or similar.

[http://ag-spots-2014.o.auroraobjects.eu/2014/07/23/aston-martin-dbs-carbon-black-edition-c947323072014130936_1.jpg]
Deleted account
CTspotter458, 23 July 2014, 16:16
I always get weird looks from the drivers when I take pics of sport bikes

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
SDJ2_Photography, 23 July 2014, 17:41
Me with sport bikes:
Every bike except Ducatis: "Just another motorcycle, big deal."
Ducatis: "Hey a Ducati. Cool." *walks away*
Lol sorry Jerl.

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
CTspotter458, 23 July 2014, 18:40
SDJ2 wrote:
Me with sport bikes:
Lol sorry Jerl.

I actually love bikes, sooooooooooo

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
SDJ2_Photography, 24 July 2014, 08:08
CTspotter458 wrote:
SDJ2 wrote:
Me with sport bikes:
Lol sorry Jerl.

I actually love bikes, sooooooooooo

They're nice just not my thing :)

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
Mazdafreak, 24 July 2014, 09:29
DjShift wrote:
Normally the owners of the cars i spot take photographers as a complement. They like to see other people (especially young people) recognise the value of their car.

Yeah....tell that to Brendon whenever he spots a Bentley lol.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
burdmanmarc877, 24 July 2014, 13:55
I saw a matte white F12 parked so I went up to it with my camera and the owners of it saw me aim the camera at it for a shot and they floored it and honked at me as soon as I was about to get a shot. In San Diego I get the most awkward, weird looks even if I'm taking shots of an Aventador or something crazy.

burdmanmarc877
from San Diego, California
Saviorsantos7, 02 August 2014, 10:58
Everyone I live with is fine with car spotting but my mom is the one who really seems interested in taking me out to get some shots. She does get a little worried however because she thinks that the owners don't want people doing that, but I've had zero bad experiences with any owners. The owner of an SLS riding beside us slowed down just to let me get a better picture of his car. A Viper owner, about a month ago, opened up the bonnet and the interior just to let me get some shots.

I've had a few random people give me odd looks and this group of old people were pointing at me when I was looking at an RS7 a few months ago, but that doesn't really bother me much. One valet let me get some close ups of a 458 Spider. However back when I was first getting into car spotting, there was a GranCabrio being valeted and when I took some quick shots the valets gave me some really nasty looks.

Saviorsantos7
Cars4life1323, 03 August 2014, 13:25
I remember once spotting salomondrin's chrome blue Aventador before i even knew who he was, and then i posted it on Instagram and he somehow found it and commented on it. Pretty cool guy. Almost everybody is fine with me taking pictures. The two biggest exceptions would be the valet douches at the Montage Hotel, and this one guy in a 911 Turbo who flipped me off when i took a pic.

Cars4life1323
from San Diego, California
davisvehicles, 03 August 2014, 14:57
I was at a great show today and a guy with a Ferrari 308 noticed me taking pictures of his car. He told me to send them to him (he gave me his email) and he'd pay me for the shots! Haha, awesome guy really nice.

davisvehicles
from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
beckerman, 28 August 2014, 09:26
davisvehicles wrote:
I was at a great show today and a guy with a Ferrari 308 noticed me taking pictures of his car. He told me to send them to him (he gave me his email) and he'd pay me for the shots! Haha, awesome guy really nice.

lucky. I wanna be paid to spot. That's a big dream for most of us.

beckerman
from Hoyt, Kansas
CountOfTuscany, 09 October 2014, 11:07
I once tried to take pictures of a ZO6 at a Lowe's Home Improvement. There was an older man loading some things into his SUV parked next to it, and he didn't like that I was taking pictures of the Corvette. He kept giving me weird looks, and walked back into the store, so I left and went back to the car. He returned a minute later with a few Lowe's employees, and seemed to be looking for me. I think the employees were like, "Dude, that's a Corvette," because he soon left.

CountOfTuscany
from United States
lamboman505, 01 November 2014, 22:15
Looking at a Mclaren and the owner made a funny face at me.

lamboman505
from somewhere in, New Mexico
Jamaal01, 02 November 2014, 04:39
ITs kinda hard spotting in austalia numerous time ive been given the dirty's from valets and owners it sucks bad for me and people think its weird too my dad thisnks that its bad becaue on Tv here they show how they arrest drug dealers and crime bosses there is always a towing of a lambo,bently etc.

Jamaal01
from Sydney, Australia
Ma-auto, 02 November 2014, 07:03
I was out in Boston, taking the usual trip around. I get some Burger King. I'm walking down the street, and I notice a 2012 Continental in a nice grey color. I snap a front and back pic, and the owners comes out of nowhere. He opens the door and motions me to get in. It was so roomy!

(These pics are on my profile)
Last modified by Ma-auto, 02 November 2014, 13:03

Ma-auto
from Boston, Massachusetts
Post a reply