Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
sumosloths, 16 March 2016, 19:44
dandude999 wrote:
I have only been kicked out of a car park once but that was in a no photography zone so it was my fault for not reading the signs.

Most owners smile at me and some let me in their cars.

I've never had anyone let me in their car.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Diablo_SV, 16 March 2016, 20:05
SDJ2_Photography wrote:
King_AM wrote:
@Diablo_SV What was the argument about? Did the employee say something like private property and you can't take pictures there?

Yeah basically but it's not a private club. There were a lot that day, two GT3s, one an RS, a Karma, a Z8, a few other 911s, and an F355 F1 Spyder. I was taking pics of the Ferrari when he came over. Told me to leave. Argued. Asked why I had to leave. Answer given and I didn't feel like arguing over an F355 so I left.

I remember I was there the same day and I never got talked to

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
SDJ2_Photography, 17 March 2016, 17:47
sumosloths wrote:
dandude999 wrote:
I have only been kicked out of a car park once but that was in a no photography zone so it was my fault for not reading the signs.

Most owners smile at me and some let me in their cars.

I've never had anyone let me in their car.

Me too

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
pdkcars, 25 March 2016, 18:26
Can't say I've had any real bad experiences. I get a lot of dirty looks though, don't know why. People act like they've never seen someone with camera before. But nothing major. Most owners are nice about it and either smile or offer to show me the inside. And I always ask before I start snapping away if any owners or valet attendants are around. If a security guard stops me and asks me what I'm doing, I just tell them and they don't seem to mind at all.

However, there was this one time back in November where I spotted a black M5 parked in front of PF Changs at the mall where I see most cars. It was really dirty and honestly I should've ignored it but I thought what the hell, why not? So I was across the street and got a quick front picture of it. Next thing I know, some old dude with sunglasses in a red hoodie starts walking up to it and gives me this ugly look. He shouts across the street "why are you taking pictures of my car?" I start to explain why and he asks again and I'm like "well- i-it's a nice car" and he asks me again and then he asks "did you get the plate?" and I said "no" and walked off, feeling kind of pissed...
Last modified by pdkcars, 25 March 2016, 18:29

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
pdkcars, 25 March 2016, 18:26
...I don't mind owners asking me what I'm doing, they're more than welcome to ask. He was so rude though, just his tone and everything. I did get his plate and as I was talking to another photographer in the area about it, he pointed out that the car belonged to a local business owner. Looked the business up and instantly I noticed how bad his company's reviews were about customer service. I couldn't count how many complaints there were about the owner himself and how arrogant they said he was. Go figure. I still felt kind of bad about it but I brushed it off.

Again, most owners are nice. All you have to do is explain what you're doing and in most cases they won't care. But the ugly looks you get from bystanders are almost endless. Can't say I live in a big "car city". Austin, Houston and Dallas have a lot more to offer than San Antonio. But with social media these days, people need to stop being so suspicious imo.
Last modified by pdkcars, 25 March 2016, 18:31

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
TYI, 29 March 2016, 22:31
The other night I was taking photos of a parked GranTurismo S and some guy walked by and said "Stop taking pictures of the POS Maserati". I was like wtf.

TYI
from Columbus, Ohio
jackrabbit898, 29 March 2016, 23:25
Most owners are nice to me, but the area where I spot in (River Oaks) can have lots of rich snobs. Usually I just get weird looks or glares. Like wtf though what's wrong with taking pictures of fancy cars? I bet those people have weirder hobbies.

jackrabbit898
from Houston, Texas
911gt3rsfan, 22 June 2016, 23:47
I was taking pics of a Maserati Quattroporte in town last week, and the women asked me why I was taking pics of her car, so I told her because it was Maserati. She didn't say anything after that, so I assumed she was okay with it. Then I took a picture of the back, and the woman literally got out of her car and told me to stop. One of the very few bad experiences I had with owners.

911gt3rsfan
from Summit, New Jersey
911gt3rsfan, 22 June 2016, 23:57
Mazdafreak wrote:
Guys, just so everyone knows, if you're on PUBLIC property when taking a picture of a car, no one can make you stop/delete any pics. In fact, if someone tries to take matters into their own hands, they can get into trouble. However, if you're on private property, you have to abide by the rules set by the owners.

Tell that to the bouncer

[url=""http://www.exoticspotter.com/aston-martin-vanquish-new-york-city-new-york-226204]Link Title Here[/url]

911gt3rsfan
from Summit, New Jersey
911gt3rsfan, 22 June 2016, 23:58
Mazdafreak wrote:
Guys, just so everyone knows, if you're on PUBLIC property when taking a picture of a car, no one can make you stop/delete any pics. In fact, if someone tries to take matters into their own hands, they can get into trouble. However, if you're on private property, you have to abide by the rules set by the owners.

Tell that to the bouncer

Link Title Here

911gt3rsfan
from Summit, New Jersey
Diablo_SV, 23 June 2016, 01:16
911gt3rsfan wrote:
I was taking pics of a Maserati Quattroporte in town last week, and the women asked me why I was taking pics of her car, so I told her because it was Maserati. She didn't say anything after that, so I assumed she was okay with it. Then I took a picture of the back, and the woman literally got out of her car and told me to stop. One of the very few bad experiences I had with owners.

well a quattroporte to 95% of people is just a normal 4 door car

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
rivi3, 23 June 2016, 01:30
I've gotten a lot of different reactions from people, but this one takes the cake:

[https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8781/16985606157_513d568518_b.jpg]

rivi3
from New York
911gt3rsfan, 23 June 2016, 01:35
LOL

911gt3rsfan
from Summit, New Jersey
ExoticSam, 23 June 2016, 03:39
rivi3 wrote:
I've gotten a lot of different reactions from people, but this one takes the cake:

[https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8781/16985606157_513d568518_b.jpg]

How'd he even see you lol

ExoticSam
from Cape Cod, Massachusetts
sumosloths, 23 June 2016, 14:15
911gt3rsfan wrote:

Once I was taking pics of a Datsun 510 wagon, and a woman came up to me and asked me why I was taking pictures of her car. I told her it was cool or whatever, and that I could photoshop out the plates if she wanted. She said "yeah, you better do that" but she didn't tell me to stop.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Post a reply