Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
GTRJacko, 07 October 2013, 15:30
Recently on my trip to Leeds, as i was photographing various cars, i counted that 4 drivers in their cars told me that 'i should take a picture of their car' (i will if it's another Ferrari, but not a Peugeot 307 haha). This has got me thinking, what reactions do other members of the public get when they see you photographing an exotic?

GTRJacko
from York, United Kingdom
DjShift, 07 October 2013, 15:42
Normally the owners of the cars i spot take photographers as a complement. They like to see other people (especially young people) recognise the value of their car.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
W16, 07 October 2013, 15:45
GTRJacko wrote:
Recently on my trip to Leeds, as i was photographing various cars, i counted that 4 drivers in their cars told me that 'i should take a picture of their car' (i will if it's another Ferrari, but not a Peugeot 307 haha).

This happens almost literally every single time.

W16
from Pennsylvania
GTRJacko, 07 October 2013, 15:51
W16 wrote:
GTRJacko wrote:
Recently on my trip to Leeds, as i was photographing various cars, i counted that 4 drivers in their cars told me that 'i should take a picture of their car' (i will if it's another Ferrari, but not a Peugeot 307 haha).

This happens almost literally every single time.

They're trying to be smart asses haha. I take it with a pinch of salt, but my friend gets really annoyed with it.

GTRJacko
from York, United Kingdom
cartmen220, 07 October 2013, 15:51
Yeah I've had a guy get annoyed with me because I didn't photograph his car leaving C&C.. sometimes I just move my camera as if I'm panning and pretend to take photos.. or I actually take photos for practice and delete them right after.

cartmen220
from New Jersey
Rivitography, 07 October 2013, 15:55
I had a lot of good reactions from owners for me taking photos of their car. One owner of a 458 Italia actually pulled over, and let me sit in the car. Another one in New Canaan who owned a 911 Turbo pulled over, and opened up all the components on the car for me to take pictures of. The owners gunned it for me countless times. I think it's because I'm small :P

Rivitography
from New York
samaserati, 07 October 2013, 17:51
This one kid saw me on ES in school and asked what it was, so I explained it expecting him to say oh OK and not care, but he was actually genuinely interested and wanted to see my pictures so it was pretty cool seeing someone actually understand
Last modified by samaserati, 07 October 2013, 21:52

samaserati
from bergen county, New Jersey
torontospots, 07 October 2013, 17:57
If the car is parked and the owner sees me taking pictures, they often just smile but some people are nice than others. Once I was yelled at by an old man for being "too close to his Bentley!" A few times owners have stopped to make sure I get a good picture or asked if I had enough pictures before they drive away. Also, people often jokingly ask me whether it's my car.

torontospots
Lamboshane, 07 October 2013, 18:12
I was taking pictures of an F430 a couple years ago and this guy in an Odyssey starting giving me the stats of his Honda!

Lamboshane
from New York
Vinchops, 07 October 2013, 18:17
a taxi driver came up to me because he thought I was waiting for one. I said no and continued spotting.
Last modified by Vinchops, 07 October 2013, 22:17

Vinchops
c-osu7, 07 October 2013, 18:42
Lamboshane wrote:
I was taking pictures of an F430 a couple years ago and this guy in an Odyssey starting giving me the stats of his Honda!

LOL hahahahahah!

I was taking shots of a Aventador roadster and I posted them on Fchat and I had no clue the owner of the car was on there and he commented on the picture saying "Great pic of my car... thanks!!" I was like SWEET!

c-osu7
from Ohio
Chaserdog, 07 October 2013, 18:55
The owner of an Aventador I saw said that he loved that I took pictures because he mostly sees adults taking pics.

Chaserdog
from Sunnyvale, California
sumosloths, 07 October 2013, 19:06
I get mixed reactions from people. Usually if I'm taking a picture of a parked car and I'm in the way of someone trying to drive through, I step back to let them pass, and they kinda give me a weird look, like "are you gonna cross? or what are you doing?". Then I feel like a moron lol.

I've had some really cool people driving exotics that I spot. I find that GT-R owners tend to be happy to see someone taking pictures of their car, I guess because GT-Rs don't usually get as much recognition. One of the first times I saw one, the driver stopped in the middle of the road, and after I took the picture, he said "got it?" and then accelerated away. Other guys like these ones have also been really nice, telling me about the car, etc.:
http://www.exoticspotter.com/nissan-gt-r-palo-alto-california-105809
http://www.exoticspotter.com/nissan-gt-r-palo-alto-california-105647

My neighbor who owns this Gallardo:
http://www.exoticspotter.com/lamborghini-gallardo-s-san-francisco-california-104818
didn't really know about carspotting until he saw me taking pictures of his car. I got a video of it once, and I saw he couldn't help smiling when he saw my camera. I later put the video on Youtube, and a few months later when I saw him again, he said he had seen it and he really liked it.

Also, my sister used to think I was "just a weirdo" until she found out about this website and that other people actually carspot. A couple of my friends at school are interested in the site, and they ask me to upload anything that they see on their behalf (although they haven't really spotted anything yet).

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
andrewo, 07 October 2013, 19:18
People that choose to drive an exotic car almost always take it as a complement if you take a photo of the car. If they didn't want people to look at their car then they would not have bought it.
Deleted account
nyexphotography, 07 October 2013, 20:30
My dad just shakes his head at me every time I take a picture of a porsche or something... my mom doesnt give shes used to it

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
Post a reply