Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Mazdafreak, 07 February 2017, 01:42
Mtweedel13 wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
911gt3rsfan wrote:
An i8 owner threatened to break my camera today.

Is it just me, or do hybrid drivers generally act like (to put it nicely) the world revolves around them?

*BMW drivers

Honestly I haven't had too many notable experiences with BMW drivers, but I sure have with hybrid drivers....

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
pdkcars, 07 February 2017, 06:09
I'll never forget when a BMW owner tried to confront me for taking a picture of his dirty M5. I don't even know why I bothered trying to explain it to him he acted like he was deaf, he kept shouting "why are you taking a picture of my car!"

Edit:
Yesterday I was taking pictures of a red Audi RS5 and one lady was like "lol you want me to take pictures of you in front of the car?" Glad I don't seem to run into people giving me extremely weird looks anymore.
Last modified by pdkcars, 12 February 2017, 15:09

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
rivi3, 09 April 2017, 04:11
Got another one for the thread today:

I was taking pictures of a white Porsche Boxster GTS in Stamford today and these two fucks in a Nissan pull up on the street near it and first asked me "YO IS THAT YOUR CAR?" to which I replied "Nah". The guy in the passenger seat then yells "STOP TAKING PICTURES OF IT YOU f**king NERD", laugh off, and drive away.

This is the second time this kind of thing has happened to me and it would be nice if I weren't harassed for what I love to do. They're lucky I didn't have a gun or anything because one day they might do that to the wrong person and they are going to end up paying the price.

rivi3
from New York
Star080, 10 April 2017, 04:02
http://www.exoticspotter.com/lamborghini-aventador-edmonton-canada-200631

After I took some photos of this car, a pedestrian asked me: "Hey, are u a paparazzi or is that car special to you?" I replied: "it's a cool Lambo, I like it, that's all."

Star080
Werner, 10 April 2017, 05:10
There was a '62 Vette that was parked downtown, and as I photographed it, a woman who had owned a '66 was talking to me. I was guessing roughly '61, but later, when reviewing the photos I noticed that the plates said something like "62 vette" or "1962". I cannot remember, but it was beautiful.

Werner
from Coeur d'Alene, United States
Maryland_Cars, 04 May 2017, 20:36
samaserati wrote:
This one kid saw me on ES in school and asked what it was, so I explained it expecting him to say oh OK and not care, but he was actually genuinely interested and wanted to see my pictures so it was pretty cool seeing someone actually understand

Wish that happened for me!!! Everytime I'm on the site the kids in my classes will be like "Why are you just looking at cars???". LOL I wish people understood the life of a car guy.

Maryland_Cars
from Kent Island, Maryland
ScarredHyena, 08 May 2017, 01:41
I've honestly never had a bad reaction. The owners and lot attendants/valet are really cool. I've ended up becoming friends with some of them.
Deleted account
pdkcars, 13 May 2017, 04:52
While I've met some nice owners and nothing but nice valets, as well as noticed that bystanders seem to care less about taking pictures lately, it's a shame that some security guards feel the need to profile you even if you explain what you're doing. The police understand. So why don't the security guards?

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
FastMojo2, 18 May 2017, 03:44
These guys in a Bentley Continental GT Cabrio ask me if I want to join them (they offer me for a ride in their Bentley, although I just refuse it):

[http://www.exoticspotter.com/images/215/214744.jpg]

And the female passenger in this Ferrari California later 'say cheese!' when she knows I'm taking pictures of her ride:

[http://www.exoticspotter.com/images/213/212987.jpg]

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
911gt3rsfan, 19 November 2017, 17:51
The weirdest thing just happened. I’m taking pics of a new Alpina B7 across from a Jewish community center. The owner was extremely nice but all of a sudden these two random dudes come out asking “why are you taking pics of kids” then I’m like “I’m not I’m taking pics of the car with the owners permission” then they’re like “ok but you can see why it’s creepy in front of a school” I just leave

911gt3rsfan
from Summit, New Jersey
FastMojo2, 19 November 2017, 18:21
Some dude (a foreigner) trying to start a fight with me while I'm taking a pic of the RR Wraith with 24"s, thinking that I did something illegal by taking a picture without someone's consent. He nearly punch me in the face and threw my phone to the ground, also he even talk to me like this: 'What the f*ck do you think you're doing b*tch? This ain't your f**king property!' Luckily he was stopped by 3 security guards who were patrolling the area (it was in the VIP parking lot at Plaza Indonesia). Found out later that he had recently drank 5 cups of alcohol before doing these.
Last modified by FastMojo2, 20 November 2017, 06:32

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
pdkcars, 19 November 2017, 19:44
People are so weird, unless it's the owner (and I've had good experiences with them lately). I usually just ignore randoms who clearly don't own the car or state clearly what I'm doing and what the car is. If somebody accused me of taking pictures of kids lol, I'd scoff and turn on the camera to show them the pictures of the car and be like "Does this look like kids to you???"

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
Georgiaspotter, 19 November 2017, 21:07
I got a picture of a XKR and then i turn around and i see two people staring at me and laughing.

Georgiaspotter
from Tucker, Georgia
Mustang7, 20 November 2017, 02:20
I while back I decided that I just don’t care what people think of me.
Last modified by Mustang7, 20 November 2017, 02:20

Mustang7
from Pennsylvania
pdkcars, 22 November 2017, 16:32
Mustang7 wrote:
I while back I decided that I just don’t care what people think of me.

Pretty much. Even though the types I take pictures of has narrowed down to what most people find understandable, people still act like they haven't seen a camera before. But I don't really care about other people because often the owners are nice and understanding lol.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
Post a reply