Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
cargame_parker, 30 January 2015, 22:23
Diablo_SV wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:
Ive never had a problem with the owners but damn the some of the other people who like are next to the car honk to scare you if your in a parking lot or they yell out the window and take a picture of you. The Valets in my area are some of the rudest people I've ever encountered. They run in front of your shots acting like they are getting another car, or they stick you the finger. That's why when I spot I usually hide in a shadowed area or keep my camera in a target / draw string bad

Wow, that's terrible! I've been lucky enough to only encounter nice valet people, but I'm sure I'll come across some rude ones.

Ironically im in the south and you're in the north.

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
Diablo_SV, 31 January 2015, 06:57
cargame_parker wrote:
Diablo_SV wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:
Ive never had a problem with the owners but damn the some of the other people who like are next to the car honk to scare you if your in a parking lot or they yell out the window and take a picture of you. The Valets in my area are some of the rudest people I've ever encountered. They run in front of your shots acting like they are getting another car, or they stick you the finger. That's why when I spot I usually hide in a shadowed area or keep my camera in a target / draw string bad

Wow, that's terrible! I've been lucky enough to only encounter nice valet people, but I'm sure I'll come across some rude ones.

Well even down south I have not encountered a rude valet.

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
Mazdafreak, 31 January 2015, 09:28
Diablo_SV wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:
Diablo_SV wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

Yeah, I've encountered a few valets in Charlotte who were a little blunt, but most seem to be car people, and some even recognize me now and are like "hey man, how's I going?" whenever I see if they've valeted anything good.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
cargame_parker, 31 January 2015, 09:34
Mazdafreak wrote:
Diablo_SV wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:
Diablo_SV wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

Yeah, I've encountered a few valets in Charlotte who were a little blunt, but most seem to be car people, and some even recognize me now and are like "hey man, how's I going?" whenever I see if they've valeted anything good.

It would be like that in Birkdale If they didn't get fired as often

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
1000HorsePower, 31 January 2015, 19:49
xXFerrariFanXx wrote:
I was taking pictures of a 458 Spider when the driver asked me ''Do you want me to take a picture of you in this car?''

That happened to me except with a z8
Deleted account
King_AM, 08 March 2016, 16:08
It's been a while since someone posted on this thread, but I would like to share the reactions I got while spotting:

Quite a bit of people mistaken me as a paparazzi when they see my DSLR and tell me which celebrity are you looking for? LOL not surprising to hear in L.A. I've also gotten those stares and raised eyebrows plus a hotel worker couldn't let me get pictures of two Huayras side by side up close and made me go to the sidewalk.

There was a time where I was taking pictures of exotics at a gas station and a woman comes out of the convenience store falsely accusing me of getting photos of her car but I explained to her there were expensive cars in front of hers and she calmed down. Looks like you're always "guilty until proven innocent" these days.

Most owners on the other hand are generally nice and don't mind the photos. Valet attendants however are sometimes picky and are more cautious with photographers getting pics of cars with license plates and prevent you getting rear shots of the car.

King_AM
carguyjt, 08 March 2016, 16:28
lots of times, people from normal cars joke around and say "you wanna take a picture of this car?" happens to me all the time. I also get a lot of mean looks. But there are more people that are nice than people that are mean.

carguyjt
from Littleton, Colorado
cincyspotter, 08 March 2016, 20:15
I was taking pictures of a Verde Singh Huracan when an old guy walked up and he couldn't even tell what the car was from like 2 feet away.
Then he looked at me and it was the ugliest car he had ever seen.
Last modified by cincyspotter, 08 March 2016, 20:16

cincyspotter
from cincinnati, Ohio
racemanryan, 08 March 2016, 22:22
At a dealership called Taggart Autosport in Raleigh, NCt, there was an Aston Martin Rapide out front, and as I'm taking a photo of it, the owner comes out of the dealership and said, "Could you at least let me clean my car before you take photos of it?" with a lot of sarcasm, and we both laughed XD. He was the owner of the dealership and let me come in and sit in a brand new McLaren 675 LT and a new Porsche 911 GT3 RS. Awesome guy.

racemanryan
from Rocky Mount, North Carolina
davisvehicles, 09 March 2016, 00:26
Last June I pulled over to get photos of a R32 Skyline (the first one ive spotted) and the owner came up and let me sit in it then gave me a ride around the block! Super nice dude.

Last July I was taking photos of an SLS //AMG in downtown milwaukee valeted at a nice restaurant. The owner came out, opened the doors, gave me his email and he was super nice. I sent him the photos and he sent a 10 dollar amazon gift card!! Easily the nicest, down to earth guy.

The last weekend in february, it was super nice here and this guy came into my work in a camry (I work at einstien bagels) so I thought nothing of it. But when I was ringing him out, I saw he had a key for a GT-R. I asked if he owned one and he said yes, and we got to talking and he gave us a 5 dollar tip in our tip jar. Then, later that night, I spotted a GT-R in downtown Milwaukee. I get out and start taking photos of it and the same guy came out! It was so funny, I had no clue he would be there. He was super nice again and let me get photos of the car.

davisvehicles
from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
sumosloths, 11 March 2016, 22:00
carguyjt wrote:
lots of times, people from normal cars joke around and say "you wanna take a picture of this car?" happens to me all the time.

I've gotten that so many times lol. Also people revving their normal cars next to exotic cars.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
ExoticSam, 11 March 2016, 22:29
sumosloths wrote:
Also people revving their normal cars next to exotic cars.

That happened at a car show last year, a SUPER LOUD Shelby Cobra replica revved and then and old Fiat 500 did lol

ExoticSam
from Cape Cod, Massachusetts
SDJ2_Photography, 13 March 2016, 21:08
I've gotten countless wierd looks for taking pictures, and I've also had people who aren't the owners say "Don't take pictures of that, the owner wouldn't want you to." to which I always reply "Is it your car?" they say no and I say "then it's none of your business" lol

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
King_AM, 14 March 2016, 00:19
SDJ2_Photography wrote:
I've gotten countless wierd looks for taking pictures, and I've also had people who aren't the owners say "Don't take pictures of that, the owner wouldn't want you to." to which I always reply "Is it your car?" they say no and I say "then it's none of your business" lol

Thankfully I almost never had people tell me not to take pictures of cars but that's most likely because L.A. has plenty of exotics and wealthy people and it's not as awkward in cities like Beverly Hills. Have any of you gotten into arguments, fights, or security guard confrontations?
Last modified by King_AM, 14 March 2016, 00:20

King_AM
Mazdafreak, 14 March 2016, 14:46
Guys, just so everyone knows, if you're on PUBLIC property when taking a picture of a car, no one can make you stop/delete any pics. In fact, if someone tries to take matters into their own hands, they can get into trouble. However, if you're on private property, you have to abide by the rules set by the owners.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Post a reply