Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Jamaal01, 27 November 2014, 05:13
I hope that someone can reply to me in messages or anyway to this im going to Dubai in 3 weeks and I cam across this on facebook can anyone guarantee this or help me as I don't wanna get in the shits with my parents because of carpsotting when I get there any information can help thanks...

https://www.facebook.com/jayrphotos/posts/423421527740272
Last modified by Jamaal01, 27 November 2014, 11:13

Jamaal01
from Sydney, Australia
Lamborarri, 27 November 2014, 17:03
I was in Downtown Downers Grove last summer and saw a Cayman. The owner saw me taking pics and yelled at me to get angles of the front, back, and side. Then he gave me this creepy smile and drove off.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
xXFerrariFanXx, 27 November 2014, 18:48
I never have problems (the occasional stare), only nice reactions. It makes me mad when people ruin carspotting by being downright annoying. When I was in Bal Harbour last year some kids kept touching cars putting their noses to the windows and bumping into the cars and the valets told them to stop

xXFerrariFanXx
from Florida
AJ Ferrari, 27 November 2014, 19:46
I have only gotten weird looks. If you do not cause a scene when taking pictures then nobody really even notices.

AJ Ferrari
sumosloths, 28 November 2014, 00:40
I was actually pretty happy with people's reactions to me taking photos of an Aventador last night. Nobody seemed really weirded out, and it seemed to add to the excitement of them seeing the car. A lot of people were kind of like, "oh, he's taking a photo. Maybe I should take one too".

I also noticed some people who looked like they were about to touch it, but then saw me and stepped back a little.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
maxim380, 28 November 2014, 02:09
Jamaal01 wrote:
I hope that someone can reply to me in messages or anyway to this im going to Dubai in 3 weeks and I cam across this on facebook can anyone guarantee this or help me as I don't wanna get in the shits with my parents because of carpsotting when I get there any information can help thanks...

https://www.facebook.com/jayrphotos/posts/423421527740272

I've read about that a while ago, and I'm pretty sure that spotting is not banned there. When you look here you'll see that there are still a lot of photos being upload at the Dubai Mall.

And ontopic: I get a few weird looks when I spot cars in a town near me, probably because I'm the only guy who goes there 3 times a day in the summer just to take pictures of cars. Altough there are also a few people who come to me to talk about the car or some other car they've seen there. The best reaction probably comes from the owners. Sadly I've never been invited to sit in the car, but being allowed to take a few shots of the interior is good enough for me. Especially when the interior is of a TechArt GT Street R. And it was also really nice of an SLS owner to take a break from eating his lunch to come over and open the doors for me.

I've found that when you're spotting in London there aren't too many people looking weird at you because I think they've gotten used to spotters by now. Although I had a woman look weird at me when I was taking pictures of an F355.
Last modified by maxim380, 28 November 2014, 08:15

maxim380
from Netherlands
sumosloths, 28 November 2014, 02:51
A funny thing that happened last night when I was taking pictures of the Aventador was a guy coming up to me, saying my name. He recognized me from a facebook group for car spotters in my area. Made me feel like a celebrity lol.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Eeti, 07 January 2015, 11:28
Hi :)

[http://ag-spots-2015.o.auroraobjects.eu/2015/01/07/bmw-m6-f12-cabriolet-c107607012015182315_1.jpg]
Deleted account
CTspotter458, 07 January 2015, 15:09
One owner of a Rapide got in his car, revved the sh*t out of it, gave me his email, told me to send him the pics and videos, then gunned it. It was so cool. Another guy saw me taking pics, told me it was his uncles car, and to do the same thing. That also happened with a WRX STI

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
cincyspotter, 07 January 2015, 18:35
I haven't had any bad experiences except a couple looks from the valets but my friend got a video of an SLS and the owner rolled down the window and said "do you got a problem"

cincyspotter
from cincinnati, Ohio
lamboman505, 07 January 2015, 18:49
Maserati owner revved the engine and jetted away with a ton of smoke and tires screeching.

lamboman505
from somewhere in, New Mexico
Eeti, 30 January 2015, 18:38
Can you call this a reaction?

[http://ag-spots-2015.o.auroraobjects.eu/2015/01/31/audi-r8-v10-spyder-2013-c243931012015012720_1.jpg]
Deleted account
Forzafaithful99, 30 January 2015, 20:19
That's a fine shot!
I've had a lot of nice encounters with owners and only a few weird looks.
The best was probably when a Ferrari FF owner in Monaco literally pulled over after he saw me snapping a shot while eating lunch at the harbor. He proceeded to let me sit in the car and take my pic!
[http://www.exoticspotter.com/images/140/139558.jpg]
Last modified by Forzafaithful99, 31 January 2015, 02:19

Forzafaithful99
cargame_parker, 30 January 2015, 21:37
Ive never had a problem with the owners but damn the some of the other people who like are next to the car honk to scare you if your in a parking lot or they yell out the window and take a picture of you. The Valets in my area are some of the rudest people I've ever encountered. They run in front of your shots acting like they are getting another car, or they stick you the finger. That's why when I spot I usually hide in a shadowed area or keep my camera in a target / draw string bad

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
Diablo_SV, 30 January 2015, 22:02
cargame_parker wrote:
Ive never had a problem with the owners but damn the some of the other people who like are next to the car honk to scare you if your in a parking lot or they yell out the window and take a picture of you. The Valets in my area are some of the rudest people I've ever encountered. They run in front of your shots acting like they are getting another car, or they stick you the finger. That's why when I spot I usually hide in a shadowed area or keep my camera in a target / draw string bad

Wow, that's terrible! I've been lucky enough to only encounter nice valet people, but I'm sure I'll come across some rude ones.

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
Post a reply