Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
hyoung90, 28 April 2016, 04:09
Mtweedel13 wrote:
I'm pretty stupid for asking, but when did photoshoots become eligible for posting? I never heard anything about it

Photoshoots became eligible when Gregg stated in this link
BMW i8
Last modified by hyoung90, 28 April 2016, 04:10

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
gregg, 28 April 2016, 07:15
Let's test it out, if photoshoot pics gets out of hand, we'll ban them. For now, if you upload a photoshoot, you need to tag the photo with "photoshoot".

gregg
Bensterr, 28 April 2016, 12:02
I like the likes and favorites and comments it's nice and simple.

What needs to change is bigger photo size and not so much compression when uploaded. It should stay top quality and that would in my opinion really attract more people. The site needs a little makeover as well, it looks a bit dated. Last point is what most people are saying, more specific categories for cars like Scuderia and Speciale.

Bensterr
from Toronto, Canada
gregg, 28 April 2016, 16:46
Bensterr wrote:
I like the likes and favorites and comments it's nice and simple.

What needs to change is bigger photo size and not so much compression when uploaded. It should stay top quality and that would in my opinion really attract more people. The site needs a little makeover as well, it looks a bit dated. Last point is what most people are saying, more specific categories for cars like Scuderia and Speciale.

Yep, these are all high priority items that we will be tackling with the new design

gregg
rivi3, 30 May 2016, 16:30
Let non-users like photos?

rivi3
from New York
DjShift, 30 May 2016, 17:33
Why do likes count more than favorites towards the photo's ranking?

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
Vinchops, 31 May 2016, 07:21
why are my pictures taking nearly 2 days to upload?

Vinchops
Eeti, 08 June 2016, 15:23
So if there's higher quality uploads coming should I not upload anything until then?
Deleted account
Mazdafreak, 10 June 2016, 01:31
Can't remember if this has already been discussed, but will there be a way to maybe set up some sort of alert that could alert you whenever a new spotting was uploaded from - for example - North Carolina?

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
gregg, 11 June 2016, 00:59
Eeti wrote:
So if there's higher quality uploads coming should I not upload anything until then?

No, keep uploading the highest quality you have. We have been keeping the high resolution versions and will be using them with the new update.

gregg
gregg, 11 June 2016, 00:59
Mazdafreak wrote:
Can't remember if this has already been discussed, but will there be a way to maybe set up some sort of alert that could alert you whenever a new spotting was uploaded from - for example - North Carolina?

Alerts like this will be added eventually, but we have higher priority items that need to be taken care of first

gregg
MDPhotography88, 11 June 2016, 15:22
It may be a little late for this, but if there is a car that doesn't have a category, then you should be able to type the name of the car on the other category, and if you don't know what the car is, just leave it as is and it'll say "other other" or something. Just an idea.
Last modified by MDPhotography88, 11 June 2016, 15:23

MDPhotography88
from Denver, Colorado
rivi3, 12 June 2016, 02:55
MDPhotography88 wrote:
It may be a little late for this, but if there is a car that doesn't have a category, then you should be able to type the name of the car on the other category, and if you don't know what the car is, just leave it as is and it'll say "other other" or something. Just an idea.

Autogespot is ahead of the game with this one. If you spot a car that isn't listed, you specify which car it is so you win a star for "First spot ever of this car"

rivi3
from New York
gregg, 13 June 2016, 06:34
rivi3 wrote:
MDPhotography88 wrote:

Autogespot is ahead of the game with this one. If you spot a car that isn't listed, you specify which car it is so you win a star for "First spot ever of this car"

I agree, we're definitely going to improve categorization, and I like the "first spot ever" badge. I've got lots of other ideas, but one step at a time...

gregg
rivi3, 13 June 2016, 15:16
Also, can we please stop letting people sit outside car shows waiting for cars to leave and then uploading on them onto here? People have been banned in the past for doing the exact same thing, and they really aren't "spots" to begin with.

rivi3
from New York
Post a reply