Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
rivi2, 13 January 2016, 14:50
4. Get rid of spotter rankings, or if you're going to have them, make them based on number of spots. Nobody knows how they work and it can be biased at some points. To "game the system" is BS, who would really want to game the system on a slowly-declining website that really means nothing in the long run? AG has the Spotter Top 100 which is based on how many spots you contribute to the website. The more spots, the better. It's really a way of thanking others for contributing to their website and making them money from the terabytes of photos on the website itself.
5. Make the rules out there for the public, or update them. No new user would know that there is some secret rule where you can't upload a Tesla Model S because "they're not exotic anymore". Imagine if somebody came on here and spammed the website with pictures of Tesla Model S's? How pissed would you and that person be? Now the secret mods have to clean up another person's garbage, and that person might not even know what they did wrong to begin with. And then when they go to contact someone, oops, who do they contact? They could contact the mods, but oh wait, they don't know who the mods are! And the mods don't want to deal with people either, which is contradicting the entire point of their job.

In short, make the rules clearer, tell who everybody running the website is and make them known to the community, get rid of spotter rankings, and listen to your audience. Didn't you notice that the website started declining after I got banned? That's because everybody including me got so pissed off that they left, and you guys didn't care how your users felt about that.
Deleted account
rivi2, 13 January 2016, 14:55
This is brought to you by a two-year computer graphics student who is currently studying websites, graphic design, and business tactics.

Do you guys remember the website Digg? Their net worth used to be over $2,000,000, but it fell to only $500,000. You wanna know why? They didn't listen to their people. They kept adding new features and doing stupid stuff that nobody liked, and when questioned about it, they just went "f*ck all of you" and kept doing what they wanted to do. That's why Reddit is a thing. Everybody went to Reddit instead, and while Digg's net worth plummeted down the toilet, Reddit's net worth skyrocketed.

Think about that. Do you want AG to slowly gain all of your audience because of a problem that can easily be solved?

I'm not trying to be mean or angry, but you should really think about what you're doing to this website, and how not listening to your audience wants impacts the flow of traffic on here.
Last modified by rivi2, 13 January 2016, 14:55
Deleted account
rivi2, 13 January 2016, 14:59
And I bet you this post is going to get deleted by a mod before it even gets read because they don't want to face the truth.
Deleted account
venomgt95, 13 January 2016, 15:01
rivi2 wrote:
And I bet you this post is going to get deleted by a mod before it even gets read because they don't want to face the truth.

Nah man. I read it.

Nice to hear from you again.

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
Porsche_Romeo, 13 January 2016, 17:10
This post was deleted 13 January 2016, 17:10 by Porsche_Romeo

Porsche_Romeo
from Michigan
Porsche_Romeo, 13 January 2016, 17:10
rivi2 wrote:
4. Get rid of spotter rankings, or if you're going to have them, make them based on number of spots. Nobody knows how they work and it can be biased at some points. To "game the system" is BS, who would really want to game the system on a slowly-declining website that really means nothing in the long run? AG has the Spotter Top 100 which is based on how many spots you contribute to the website. The more spots, the better. It's really a way of thanking others for contributing to their website and making them money from the terabytes of photos on the website itself.
5. Make the rules out there for the public, or update them. No new user would know that there is some secret rule where you can't upload a Tesla Model S because "they're not exotic anymore". Imagine if somebody came on here and spammed the website with pictures of Tesla Model S's? How pissed would you and that person be? Now the secret mods have to clean up another person's garbage, and that person might not even know what they did wrong to begin with. And then when they go to contact someone, oops, who do they contact? They could contact the mods, but oh wait, they don't know who the mods are! And the mods don't want to deal with people either, which is contradicting the entire point of their job.

In short, make the rules clearer, tell who everybody running the website is and make them known to the community, get rid of spotter rankings, and listen to your audience. Didn't you notice that the website started declining after I got banned? That's because everybody including me got so pissed off that they left, and you guys didn't care how your users felt about that.

You do have some good points

Porsche_Romeo
from Michigan
r8lover, 14 January 2016, 20:13
rivi2 wrote:
In short, make the rules clearer, tell who everybody running the website is and make them known to the community...

The mods are generally already known by now. We don't really try that hard to keep it a secret.
Deleted account
r8lover, 14 January 2016, 20:14
rivi2 wrote:

It's not that we don't want to face the truth, it's that whether or not you and everyone else likes it, you were banned from this website forever.
Last modified by r8lover, 14 January 2016, 20:17
Deleted account
rivi2, 14 January 2016, 21:19
My point exactly, you're not listening to the general interest of the people. Literally everybody except the mods want me to be back on here uploading photos. I promise I'll behave and not start unnecessary drama, I really don't want to do anything else besides upload photos and sharing my spots because I already have enough problems going on already socially and academically, and I don't need to create more to pile up on top of the load. Plus arguments and drama in general are pretty boring anyways. You go read YouTube comments and when there's a top-rated comment, and it's just filled with replies from obvious trolls and you're just sitting there cringing like "God will you guys just shut up already and do something else with your life?" Seriously, it gets old.

I honestly don't know why I thought to my 14-year-old self that starting drama was a good idea, it wasn't. If I have a problem, I'll just report it to the mods, no big deal.

Point is, you're keeping me in a jail cell because of some dumb stuff that I did when I was 14, I'm turning 17 next month. Don't you think there's a little bit more maturity when it comes to getting older? Also, didn't you notice how many people were upset about it? Didn't you see how many people left after that? When have I ever said anything intentionally mean to anyone? I haven't. I can't bring myself to that level of immaturity, it's not in me.

And no, I'm not trying to create drama by making this forum post, I'm trying to make a valid point, and if I am in your eyes, I'm sorry. I've been wanting to come back on here for a good two years to really improve myself to make others happy.
Deleted account
rivi2, 14 January 2016, 21:35
r8lover wrote:
rivi2 wrote:
In short, make the rules clearer, tell who everybody running the website is and make them known to the community...

The mods are generally already known by now. We don't really try that hard to keep it a secret.

Known by everybody who has been on this website for more than I'd say two months. You want to focus on the people who are coming on this website for the first time and registering for an account on here. They would want to see how the site is run first. If they see that there is almost no activity from the administrators, and mods are nowhere to be found, that will instantly turn them off because that says to them "this website is poorly run". They need to be labeled, and known to everyone who is joining this website, not just the select few that have been here for awhile.
Deleted account
rivi2, 14 January 2016, 21:43
Forgot:

6. Bigger photo resolution. When mobile social media apps such as Instagram have better photo resolution than a fully-functional website, that's how you know that there's a problem with your resolution. People want to come on here not just to see if a certain car has been spotted in a certain area, but for quality pictures. That's what this website is about, right? Back when I was still uploading stuff on here, I would have to advertise my Flickr in the comments section because the resolution there was 10x better than on here. Now I'm not saying you have to go to full lengths to get Flickr's endless terabyte storage where money is no object, but just make it overall decent. I would suggest 3000 KB photos like AG.

7. Mobile app, or a mobile-friendly website. With the rise of mobile phones, average people aren't on their computer unless it's for business purposes or they just want to view stuff in high-resolution. It's a pain in the neck to have to zoom in all everything because everything is so small. Also, it would be beneficial to those on the go because people can post spots live as they are seeing them for other car-spotters to find. This is a feature AG currently does not have, and if you can beat them to it, it would increase your audience by a lot.

8. Advertising. Many spotters are so wrapped up with AG that many people probably don't even know that this website exists. Find some way to advertise the website to attract more viewers to ES.
Last modified by rivi2, 14 January 2016, 21:46
Deleted account
r8lover, 14 January 2016, 23:16
rivi2 wrote:
My point exactly, you're not listening to the general interest of the people.

Sometimes the people aren't entirely informed, and therefore aren't in the position to make such a decision.

I like the jail cell idea. Let's go with that. When people are in jail for an extended amount of time, they have the opportunity to get parole and get out early in reward for good behavior and provided that they prove that they changed for the better.

We'd already received the same promises you're giving now in the time before you were banned, yet they ended up being broken. Let's just call that your first attempt at parole, before trouble ensued and it was decided that a perma-ban would be the best course of action.

At this point, you are (or should be) in that prison. Over the course of the two years you have been in there, the other mods and I have watched as you stirred the pot numerous times on Flickr and Instagram (which for the sake of this analogy is in your cell). In these you called out us and the website for making what you thought was a bad decisions, and brought up anger towards the website with a one sided view of the argument. When we tried to offer our side, we were met with anger from you and those who'd merely read what you had written.

If a prisoner has aroused trouble multiple times in a prison, why should he be considered for parole?

Even acts such as this one don't really help your case out too much. One could say this is the equivalent of trying to break out of your jail cell. Last I recalled, prisoners trying to escape their cells don't usually end up with a lighter sentence.
Last modified by r8lover, 14 January 2016, 23:21
Deleted account
r8lover, 14 January 2016, 23:25
rivi2 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
rivi2 wrote:

Known by everybody who has been on this website for more than I'd say two months. You want to focus on the people who are coming on this website for the first time and registering for an account on here. They would want to see how the site is run first. If they see that there is almost no activity from the administrators, and mods are nowhere to be found, that will instantly turn them off because that says to them "this website is poorly run". They need to be labeled, and known to everyone who is joining this website, not just the select few that have been here for awhile.

At this point, that administrators are being more active than the mods are for the most part.
Deleted account
rivi2, 15 January 2016, 01:00
r8lover wrote:
rivi2 wrote:
My point exactly, you're not listening to the general interest of the people.

Sometimes the people aren't entirely informed, and therefore aren't in the position to make such a decision.

I have a freedom of opinion, and you can't ban me for something I said outside of ES. If I talked trash about ES on ES then that's a different story. This isn't your little club, it's a website. In regards to the Flickr and Instagram, I didn't break any rules. Nowhere in the written rules does it say that I'm not allowed to talk trash about ES, therefore, you can't ban me for that. You can't make up rules as you go either. That's called abusing your power. And why are you even on my Instagram? To stalk me, to watch my every move?

If we're talking about jail, let's talk about the trial, shall we? Did I have a lawyer? No. Does it say in the ES constitution that I can't talk trash about ES? No. Did the grand jury (the citizens of ES) have a say in it? No. Therefore, I should not have been sentenced at all. It should have been a mistrial and the trial should have been done again. And believe me, they are informed. I just spat up unbiased facts and they made their decision on their own. I'm not going to sink down to posing a one-sided argument without giving the other side.

And also, what is there to lose when there's nothing to lose? I'm permanently banned, so why would I end up with a lighter sentence? Were you guys planning on releasing me or something? Probably not. The ban says that I'm permanently banned, so I have absolutely nothing to lose. Also, many of the mods aren't even active anymore.

And honestly, I don't know why you care so much. What do you think I'm going to do? Really?

Right here is the problem with this website: it's the internet version of Lord of the Flies.
Last modified by rivi2, 15 January 2016, 01:04
Deleted account
rivi2, 15 January 2016, 01:05
Also, do the admins even know what happened, because I never heard any input from them this entire time.
Deleted account
Post a reply