Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Lamborarri, 23 July 2015, 02:50
I've been reading various comments on ES, and although I won't be there I thought I would bring these to your attention. There are 5 cars that I have heard of/know will be there: Koenigsegg One:1, Pagani Zonda Revolucion, Ferrari 330 GTC (black, I seen it last week), Ferrari 250GT Berlinetta (silver, saw it last week), and Ferrari Daytona Spyder (silver, saw it last week). Have fun spotting! ;)

Lamborarri
from Illinois
sumosloths, 23 July 2015, 05:41
hyoung90 wrote:
I'm afraid that after Car Week, i'll come back to Dallas thinking the spotting here is abysmal lol
seems like i should be starting to get excited with just 3 weeks to come!

You sure should! After car week I'll be leaving for college, where the spotting is basically nonexistent.

Lamborrari wrote:
I've been reading various comments on ES, and although I won't be there I thought I would bring these to your attention. There are 5 cars that I have heard of/know will be there: Koenigsegg One:1, Pagani Zonda Revolucion, Ferrari 330 GTC (black, I seen it last week), Ferrari 250GT Berlinetta (silver, saw it last week), and Ferrari Daytona Spyder (silver, saw it last week). Have fun spotting! ;)

YES! I heard that there'll probably be a Regera and an Agera RS as well.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
AJ Ferrari, 23 July 2015, 14:41
sumosloths wrote:
You sure should! After car week I'll be leaving for college, where the spotting is basically nonexistent.

The spotting scene cannot possibly worse than when I attended a college in Mississippi. Haha.

AJ Ferrari
MNCars, 25 July 2015, 00:42
My uncle is but I'm not unfortunately

MNCars
from Burnsville, Minnesota
sumosloths, 25 July 2015, 05:59
So, what are you guys planning to do this year?

sumosloths
Ferrarifanman, 25 July 2015, 18:35
sumosloths wrote:

Sneaking into the Quail for the 3rd year in a row.

Ferrarifanman
Tbonian, 26 July 2015, 00:32
I wish I was going. My cousin lives in Monterey and works at one of the country clubs there. I should go stay with him next year or something.

Tbonian
sumosloths, 26 July 2015, 00:46
Ferrarifanman wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

Help me do that lol

sumosloths
Ferrarifanman, 27 July 2015, 17:44
sumosloths wrote:
Ferrarifanman wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

Help me do that lol

It's fairly difficult every year. They have that stupid little picket fence that goes around the whole place, and there are security guards. The last time, I just took someone elses wristband and said that it made my wrist too sweaty so I had to take it off hahahaha.

Ferrarifanman
ianr22, 27 July 2015, 19:14
Ferrarifanman wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
Ferrarifanman wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

Help me do that lol

It's fairly difficult every year. They have that stupid little picket fence that goes around the whole place, and there are security guards. The last time, I just took someone elses wristband and said that it made my wrist too sweaty so I had to take it off hahahaha.

I remember that
Deleted account
sumosloths, 28 July 2015, 06:15
Ferrarifanman wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
Ferrarifanman wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

Help me do that lol

I'm pretty good at parkour-type stuff and being sneaky so hopefully I can ninja myself in.

sumosloths
dcoopsd, 01 August 2015, 07:23
The team and I will be there covering the whirlwind of events from Monday to Monday. With everything going on, I think I'm most excited about taking the McLaren 650S out for a few hours on Saturday. If anyone wants a close up, we've got a cottage on 17 mile this year and will photograph it there for a bit before putting her on the 1 south.

As for the Quail, I've done a bit of inside homework and the Quail has changed procedures this year. Gone will be the quick "sneak in" access like before (you used to be able to sneak in through Jaguar and Range Rover). Sounds like they're cracking down.

Also, with the moderator's permission I'd love to post two items early next week - the first being the link to our Monterey Auto Week Preview issue that publishes on Monday (free for download0 and the second being a submission that we'll be looking for as an inclusion in our August/September issue (an opportunity to have ES spotter's photos published as part of our coverage of the week.
Last modified by dcoopsd, 01 August 2015, 07:25

dcoopsd
from San Diego, California
bullchaser, 01 August 2015, 18:27
Hey does anyone have any info about the Italian Stampede? Like we are driving up from LA the same day (Thursday) as the Stampede but does anyone know what time they leave and what route they take? I'd imagine they take 101???

bullchaser
from Illinois
sumosloths, 02 August 2015, 00:25
bullchaser wrote:
Hey does anyone have any info about the Italian Stampede? Like we are driving up from LA the same day (Thursday) as the Stampede but does anyone know what time they leave and what route they take? I'd imagine they take 101???

It looks like they leave around 9 AM (source (5th page)). And based on photos from last year, it looks like they do take 101:

(Picture taken right here)

[https://italianstampede.com/wp-content/gallery/2014-rally/SupercarFocus.com297.jpg]
Last modified by sumosloths, 02 August 2015, 00:30

sumosloths
W16, 02 August 2015, 12:30
Apparently I'm going this year now.

W16
from Pennsylvania
Post a reply