Okay so apparently RM Auctions has some pretty crazy cars:
Lamborghini Reventon
Ferrari 250LM
Maserati MC12
McLaren F1LM
Bugatti Supersport
Koenigsegg CCXR
etc.

Does anyone know where/when if possible you can see those cars without paying to go to the auction?

bullchaser
from Illinois
hyoung90, 15 July 2015, 21:31
bullchaser wrote:
Lamborghini Reventon
Ferrari 250LM
Maserati MC12
McLaren F1LM
Bugatti Supersport
Koenigsegg CCXR
etc.

Does anyone know where/when if possible you can see those cars without paying to go to the auction?

They'll be at the Portola Hotel in Monterey. Apparently they'll be on display a few days leading up to the auction on Thursday. The preview for those cars will costs you unfortunately.

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
sumosloths, 16 July 2015, 06:49
hyoung90 wrote:
bullchaser wrote:
Lamborghini Reventon
Ferrari 250LM
Maserati MC12
McLaren F1LM
Bugatti Supersport
Koenigsegg CCXR
etc.

They'll be at the Portola Hotel in Monterey. Apparently they'll be on display a few days leading up to the auction on Thursday. The preview for those cars will costs you unfortunately.

Will they only be in trucks at the Portola Hotel, or will you actually be able to see him?

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
bullchaser, 16 July 2015, 13:36
Wait so do they close down 17 mile drive one of the days? I was reading some comments about that... If so, how do you get in?

bullchaser
from Illinois
falsely, 16 July 2015, 19:58
bullchaser wrote:
Wait so do they close down 17 mile drive one of the days? I was reading some comments about that... If so, how do you get in?

Last year, in the morning on Saturday, we tried to get into Pebble Beach and was denied. So, I think they close it for the morning and open in afternoon.

falsely
from San Francisco, California
sumosloths, 16 July 2015, 22:55
Last year we tried to go in the main entrance and we were told to turn back, but then we found another entrance and we were able to go in. We told the guy at the booth that we were trying to find a bathroom (because my sister really did have to go), but I don't think we had to.

sumosloths
King_AM, 22 July 2015, 02:22
I honestly want to go and have a few relatives up in San Jose that can take me there, but they have zero interest in cars and my chances of exploring Carmel during Car Week are very slim as I won't be there for a long time. Although they told me we can go on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I feel like I'm going to miss out on several events and on top of that this will be my first time going there so I am not familiar with this city. Hopefully something will work out in the end.
Last modified by King_AM, 22 July 2015, 02:23

King_AM
FanOfSuperCars, 22 July 2015, 02:26
King_AM wrote:
I honestly want to go and have a few relatives up in San Jose that can take me there, but they have zero interest in cars and my chances of exploring Carmel during Car Week are very slim as I won't be there for a long time. Although they told me we can go on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I feel like I'm going to miss out on several events and on top of that this will be my first time going there so I am not familiar with this city. Hopefully something will work out in the end.

Too bad you can't do more. But something is better then nothing!

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
King_AM, 22 July 2015, 02:31
Yeah that's true, but I'll just hope for the best and get at least a chance to experience Carmel.

King_AM
sumosloths, 22 July 2015, 04:23
King_AM wrote:

I think it's actually worth going on the weekend just for spotting alone. Especially for you, since you can stay with relatives and won't have to pay for a hotel. If you won't be there that long I'd say go straight to Carmel.

sumosloths
bullchaser, 22 July 2015, 13:23
What would you say the top 3 spotting locations are for MCW? Downtown Carmel for sure... 17 Mile? Hotels? Hwy 1?

bullchaser
from Illinois
izaacbrook, 22 July 2015, 14:32
I'll be there from the 10th to the 17th.

izaacbrook
from West Milford, New Jersey
McLarenp1fan902, 22 July 2015, 20:08
i will be there and its going to be amazing!

McLarenp1fan902
from Illinois
sumosloths, 22 July 2015, 20:32
bullchaser wrote:
What would you say the top 3 spotting locations are for MCW? Downtown Carmel for sure... 17 Mile? Hotels? Hwy 1?

Downtown Carmel
17 Mile Dr
Pebble Beach/Monterey hotels

sumosloths
hyoung90, 22 July 2015, 20:36
I'm afraid that after Car Week, i'll come back to Dallas thinking the spotting here is abysmal lol
seems like i should be starting to get excited with just 3 weeks to come!

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
Post a reply