Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
venomgt95, 07 January 2016, 19:19
Mazdafreak wrote:
I also think it would be cool if there were a way to set up some sort of a personal alert, as in whenever a specific user uploaded something, you would get a notification. This could also be applied to cities and states.

Yes. I love knowing when Michigan spots are uploaded so i can go cry because ive never seen what was posted.

lolololol

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
MrHOC, 07 January 2016, 19:48
The Like/Favorite thing is great. I do agree with being able to reply directly to a comment another user on the picture. It's hard knowing who you've replied to. If we added that feature, there would be less confusion and clutter. The idea of having a message pop up when someone posts something is fantastic, too. There would be little or no searching for a picture. DeviantArt uses that feature and I think that would fit in here.
Deleted account
gregg, 09 January 2016, 03:09
Lamboshane wrote:
michealm wrote:
gregg wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
langnews wrote:
1. Getting rid of the featured/unfeatured would eliminate all the squabbling about pics not getting enough attention.

I think if they got rid of the featured/unfeatured pages people would start complaining about the more "normal" cars flooding the main page.

yes, the Featured aspect of the site is very important. There has to be a way for the best photos to get recognition. Otherwise, they will be drowned out by low-quality photos that most users don't want to sift through.

I'm actually thinking along the lines of having two types of Featured photos. "Featured" will be the very best of the best (maybe only 4 to 8 chosen per day). "Highlights" will be what the current featured photos are like, we will chose the top 20% of photos. Users will still be able to see all the Accepted Photos, but they will not be prominently displayed.

Just an idea, on an unfeatured image, could there be a "request feature" option for other spotters to click. You or other admins could then decide to feature (or not to feature) the photo in question?

A voting system for what photos get featured would be very neat.

We already have a voting system for that - it's the "highest rated photos" - you guys are the ones that determine this list:
Here you go:
http://www.exoticspotter.com/highest-rated/last-week/

gregg
gregg, 09 January 2016, 03:12
AJ Ferrari wrote:
This is one thing I have noticed and it should be fixed:

When finding pictures in a specific location, say Miami (FL), I type that location into the search bar at the top of the site. When the pictures come up, I click on one and then progress to the others using the arrows provided near the picture. I have noticed that when you are on the last picture on the page that shows the search results for that location, and you try to progress to the next picture, which is on the next page of the original search results, the picture location changes.

To understand what I am saying:

-Type Miami in the search bar and press search
-Click on the last picture on the first page of search results (In this case an F12)
-Press the right arrow next to the picture twice (The location changes from Miami to Monaco)

Yeah, that's a weird bug you found. That will need to be fixed in the redesign. thanks for pointing it out.

gregg
gregg, 09 January 2016, 03:21
Lamborarri wrote:

What I would like to see added is as follows:

-Spot Map (basically, a map of the world where you can zoom in to countries and then town to see what's been spotted where)

Yeah, I've had that idea for a long time, but that's going to be on the backburner - there's more important priorities for now

Lamborarri wrote:
-Choice feature page (spotters get to pre-set what appears on their featured page so there's no more complaining about what is and isn't featured)

I do have plans for customizations like that. Again, not the highest priority for now.

Lamborarri wrote:
Also, are we going to be able to post more than 2 pictures per spot in the future? I have no problems with the current rule, I am just asking.

Yes, you can post more than 2 in the future, but featured/highlights will still be limited to 2, the rest will be stored on your profile and we'll probably figure out a way that users can see those as well if they click through.

gregg
gregg, 09 January 2016, 03:24
MrHOC wrote:
The Like/Favorite thing is great. I do agree with being able to reply directly to a comment another user on the picture. It's hard knowing who you've replied to. If we added that feature, there would be less confusion and clutter. The idea of having a message pop up when someone posts something is fantastic, too. There would be little or no searching for a picture. DeviantArt uses that feature and I think that would fit in here.

What do you guys think of a reddit-style commenting system?

gregg
sumosloths, 09 January 2016, 03:42
gregg wrote:

Would that mean being able to upvote and downvote comments? I do like reddit's comment reply system.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
gregg, 09 January 2016, 05:38
sumosloths wrote:
gregg wrote:

Would that mean being able to upvote and downvote comments? I do like reddit's comment reply system.

Yeah, upvotes, downvotes, and child comments. Just like reddit.

gregg
sumosloths, 09 January 2016, 06:13
gregg wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
gregg wrote:

Yeah, I think that would be cool, but I don't know if we need multiple levels of child comments like reddit. I feel like we might only need one level of replies, like facebook.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
AJ Ferrari, 09 January 2016, 17:40
gregg wrote:
AJ Ferrari wrote:
This is one thing I have noticed and it should be fixed:

When finding pictures in a specific location, say Miami (FL), I type that location into the search bar at the top of the site. When the pictures come up, I click on one and then progress to the others using the arrows provided near the picture. I have noticed that when you are on the last picture on the page that shows the search results for that location, and you try to progress to the next picture, which is on the next page of the original search results, the picture location changes.

To understand what I am saying:

-Type Miami in the search bar and press search
-Click on the last picture on the first page of search results (In this case an F12)
-Press the right arrow next to the picture twice (The location changes from Miami to Monaco)

Yeah, that's a weird bug you found. That will need to be fixed in the redesign. thanks for pointing it out.

Not a problem! I have noticed it for quite some time but I did not know who to tell.

AJ Ferrari
Lamborarri, 09 January 2016, 19:55
sumosloths wrote:
gregg wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
gregg wrote:

Yeah, I think that would be cool, but I don't know if we need multiple levels of child comments like reddit. I feel like we might only need one level of replies, like facebook.

I think this is a great idea! I agree 100% with Martin though.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
gregg, 10 January 2016, 03:39
sumosloths wrote:
gregg wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
gregg wrote:

Good point

gregg
ExoticSam, 10 January 2016, 18:04
PLEASE READ

I think you should be able to upload around 15 pics of each car, and you can choose which one is displayed on the front. You would click on the thumbnail and scroll down through the pics, like AG. If the majority of the pics were good, it would get featured.

ExoticSam
from Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Diablo_SV, 10 January 2016, 18:45
ExoticSam wrote:
PLEASE READ

I think you should be able to upload around 15 pics of each car, and you can choose which one is displayed on the front. You would click on the thumbnail and scroll down through the pics, like AG. If the majority of the pics were good, it would get featured.

I like that idea. That way, the likes and favorites would be directed toward a spot opposed to one photo. I'd limit the photos to about 5 per car, but I don't care about the amount of photos per car very much.

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
michealm, 10 January 2016, 19:26
Diablo_SV wrote:
ExoticSam wrote:
PLEASE READ

I like that idea. That way, the likes and favorites would be directed toward a spot opposed to one photo. I'd limit the photos to about 5 per car, but I don't care about the amount of photos per car very much.

I like the idea, however I wouldn't want it so that it's required to post five pictures. If a car is moving, it can be hard enough to get one decent shot.
Last modified by michealm, 10 January 2016, 19:27
Deleted account
Post a reply