It wouldn't be a requirement. Only a limit

Yeah 5 is good

ExoticSam
from Cape Cod, Massachusetts
sumosloths, 11 January 2016, 08:33
Diablo_SV wrote:
ExoticSam wrote:
PLEASE READ

I think you should be able to upload around 15 pics of each car, and you can choose which one is displayed on the front. You would click on the thumbnail and scroll down through the pics, like AG. If the majority of the pics were good, it would get featured.

I like that idea. That way, the likes and favorites would be directed toward a spot opposed to one photo. I'd limit the photos to about 5 per car, but I don't care about the amount of photos per car very much.

The only problem with this is that I never post two shots of the same car at the same time. I'll finish one photo, then the other maybe a few weeks later. If we include this feature it would probably make it against the rules for me to do that.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
ExoticSam, 11 January 2016, 12:03
sumosloths wrote:
Diablo_SV wrote:
ExoticSam wrote:
PLEASE READ

I think you should be able to upload around 15 pics of each car, and you can choose which one is displayed on the front. You would click on the thumbnail and scroll down through the pics, like AG. If the majority of the pics were good, it would get featured.

I like that idea. That way, the likes and favorites would be directed toward a spot opposed to one photo. I'd limit the photos to about 5 per car, but I don't care about the amount of photos per car very much.

The only problem with this is that I never post two shots of the same car at the same time. I'll finish one photo, then the other maybe a few weeks later. If we include this feature it would probably make it against the rules for me to do that.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I would have the same problem.
Last modified by ExoticSam, 11 January 2016, 12:03

ExoticSam
cargame_parker, 11 January 2016, 15:19
Will there be a way to hashtag items and or post to Instagram / Flickr or Twitter. Or maybe with a hyperlink to lead someone to the picture somewhere else.

People seem to post the same car I'm different locations or go spotting together and post the same car. Will there be a way to tag specific cars based on a feature or modification that way the same car doesn't take up a good portion of the feed?

Will there be a way to post positive and negative critical feedback for improvement for other photographers and rate the image?

And to answer your question;
What can certainly stay is the like and favoriting system although I wish it the favoriting would a smaller limit per year / month and almost reload the next cycle. I've used up all my favorites and there are pictures I wish I could favorite now.
Last modified by cargame_parker, 11 January 2016, 15:54

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
sumosloths, 11 January 2016, 23:09
cargame_parker wrote:
Will there be a way to hashtag items and or post to Instagram / Flickr or Twitter. Or maybe with a hyperlink to lead someone to the picture somewhere else.

People seem to post the same car I'm different locations or go spotting together and post the same car. Will there be a way to tag specific cars based on a feature or modification that way the same car doesn't take up a good portion of the feed?

Will there be a way to post positive and negative critical feedback for improvement for other photographers and rate the image?

And to answer your question;
What can certainly stay is the like and favoriting system although I wish it the favoriting would a smaller limit per year / month and almost reload the next cycle. I've used up all my favorites and there are pictures I wish I could favorite now.

The favorite limit was lifted a few weeks ago.

sumosloths
FanOfSuperCars, 12 January 2016, 00:17
ExoticSam wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
Diablo_SV wrote:
ExoticSam wrote:
PLEASE READ

That's exactly what I was thinking. I would have the same problem.

I don't know about you guys but I doubt many people have 15 post-worthy shots of the same car.

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
HAWPhotography, 12 January 2016, 00:20
I'll probably get LOTS of hate for saying this... But could there possibly be a "Dealership/Event" tab where people can upload photos they took at car shows, dealerships, collections, etc.
Deleted account
ExoticSam, 12 January 2016, 00:39
HAWPhotography wrote:
I'll probably get LOTS of hate for saying this... But could there possibly be a "Dealership/Event" tab where people can upload photos they took at car shows, dealerships, collections, etc.

mmmbreh

ExoticSam
gregg, 12 January 2016, 16:54
HAWPhotography wrote:

I've thought about this, will probably allow these uploads for "storage only", meaning that others will only be able to see these photos on your profile page. We do not plan to allow dealership/show photos to be part of the main site in the future.

gregg
sumosloths, 12 January 2016, 20:02
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
I don't know about you guys but I doubt many people have 15 post-worthy shots of the same car.

Lol I rarely even have 2.

sumosloths
hyoung90, 12 January 2016, 20:22
sumosloths wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:

15 shots? Are you trying to get every angle of the car? Lol

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
ExoticSam, 12 January 2016, 23:19
hyoung90 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:

15 shots? Are you trying to get every angle of the car? Lol

Jesus dude I said 5 is good

ExoticSam
nyexphotography, 13 January 2016, 02:16
Change the way pictures are posted on the forum.

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
rivi2, 13 January 2016, 14:50
1. Unban me from this website, it's been two years for a really stupid reason, and really did not know how to socialize and stuff, and I've apologized to everybody that I have caused harm to.
2. Make more categories and change the layout. While it may be simple, sometimes it can be hard to navigate. If somebody were to look for a specific car, they would have to look through billions of photos of 458 Italias when in reality they want to find one specific 458 Spider.
3. Look at Autogespot, your main competitor. The reason why the website is so successful is because they listen to what the people have to say and make changes accordingly on a daily basis. Also, the mods and admins on the website are easily reachable whenever you need something, and they aren't kept a "secret". The whole reason for mods is to help the website and the people on there, not be part of some secret society. If they don't want to deal with people, they shouldn't have signed for the job to begin with. It's hard dealing with people, I know, but what's the point of having mods when nobody knows who they are?
Deleted account
Post a reply