Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Ferrarifanman, 08 July 2017, 20:35
Hey, people of ES. I can tell that more and more every day, people are getting sick of this site. Many things are contributing to this, but I feel like the main reason is that people think the admins are barely checking into the site. Pictures that deserve to be featured don't get featured. Pictures of Mustang car meets and overly cropped dealer pictures are featured without question. It's really irritating. I've been on this site for almost 8 years, and I've slowly watched it decline in quality and traffic. I remember several years ago that a supposed site redesign was gonna happen. Obviously never did. Photos that would have gotten 150 likes 5 years ago get maybe 30, or 40 if they get Editor's Choice. It's so unfortunate because I see countless people on this site that are passionate about car spotting, and they're also watching the site slowly die.

So admins: I don't want to sound accusatory (since I obviously don't know your guys' lives), but what are you doing? You seem to be putting no effort into making this site any better. You also seem to be putting the worst parts of this site on a pedestal, while ignoring some really talented people and keeping them unfeatured. You're not banning people who truly need to be banned (anyone who's been this site in the past week knows exactly who I'm talking about). You're not taking down flat-out false pictures of awful spots.. I just don't know what to say anymore. Meanwhile, I don't know if any other people are experiencing this same problem, but their photos are taking days, often times longer, to get onto the site. I submitted a photo three days ago of 4 Singer 911s driving together. Haven't seen it since. I'm sure many other people are having the same issue, and I feel like it's because the admins might not be checking in on the site very often anymore. This is obviously all just speculation, but it's what everybody's thinking.

So please leave a reply with your opinion on the situation, or just anything. Thanks.

Ferrarifanman
FanOfSuperCars, 08 July 2017, 22:44
how dare you criticize the site *banned*

jk jk but yeah the site is dying RIP
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 08 July 2017, 22:46

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
FanOfSuperCars, 08 July 2017, 22:49
But seriously, the site needs very badly to be updated and also it would seem the admins/"mods" aren't very active anymore. Those are only 2 of the problems though.. Really everything over all is contributing to the site dying, and it doesn't seem like it's going to improve anytime soon. I remember the "glory days" of exoticspotter in about 2011 - 2013, days I'm not sure we'll see again.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 08 July 2017, 22:50

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
Mtweedel13, 08 July 2017, 23:17
I didn't want to be the first to say anything because I didn't want to start an argument, but now that someone has, I can finally say that I have issues with the site as well. (This is all my opinion, and I hope I don't sound too harsh with this. I hate making people angry.)

For example, the time it takes to upload pictures. On one occasion, I tried uploading a picture of a Gallardo. When it didn't get on the site within a week, I tried on my other account (created after I temporarily lost this one's password) to make sure nothing was wrong, and it was posted within about 24 hours. The other one went through 2 more days later.

When I first joined the site about 3 years ago, I heard about the new update that was going to come out within a few months, along with a more mobile-friendly UI. Since then, the site hasn't updated anything besides categories. (Btw, Centenario needs one.)

Tbh, I'm losing hope in the site, although I still have some left. I hope the site doesn't die out, because it's a really cool site, and I've made a lot of friends here. I wish there were a way to liven the site up again, and restore it back to it's glory days.
Last modified by Mtweedel13, 08 July 2017, 23:18

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
Star080, 09 July 2017, 02:16
RIP ES.

Star080
vL8, 09 July 2017, 12:20
Ferrarifanman wrote:
Hey, Pictures of Mustang car meets and overly cropped dealer pictures are featured without question. It's really irritating.

[quote="vL8"PLease
Please , stop shitting on the few mistakes i made. I know you are referring to my spots in your complainant. I have rectified them. Give me a break OK ? [/quote]
Deleted account
vL8, 09 July 2017, 14:26
I DROVE THAT CAR JUST 20 MINUTES LATER, NOT THE EDSACT SAME CAR, A BETTER VERSION [http://www.exoticspotter.com/ferrari-f12-warsaw-poland-poland-239966]
Deleted account
szhirr, 09 July 2017, 18:24
http://www.exoticspotter.com/other-handbuilt-one-off-waraw-poland-poland-240037

A DOG IN ES, A DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.exoticspotter.com/shelby-cobra-margate-united-kingdom-240034

WHAT IS THIS??!!

This site has been going to the...

szhirr
from Mexico
Mtweedel13, 09 July 2017, 22:28
szhirr wrote:

WHAT IS THIS??!!

Give the guy a break, it was a tribute to his dog, and frankly, I find the explosion one pretty interesting

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
waddle2gracious, 10 July 2017, 03:17
Mtweedel13 wrote:
szhirr wrote:

WHAT IS THIS??!!

Give the guy a break, it was a tribute to his dog, and frankly, I find the explosion one pretty interesting

While I have sympathy for vL8, I do find that placement of his image improper. Therefore, I have messaged him about making a pets/dogs forum thread, so hopefully we'll see it soon.
Last modified by waddle2gracious, 10 July 2017, 03:17

waddle2gracious
from Florida
rivi3, 10 July 2017, 18:02
*wakes up from two months of hibernation* hey guys what's-
*sees the discourse from the last week*
Welp, nice knowing you guys *crawls back into cave*

rivi3
from New York
Mazdafreak, 10 July 2017, 19:29
For the short term, ES needs some new/additional moderators with the ability to feature and unfeature uploaded cars as well as determine if a car is exotic enough to stay on the site. The moderators NEED to have a special designation so that the rest of the ES users know who the moderators are. Perhaps there could be some sort of election to elect a few nominated users.

For the long term, ES desperately needs a redesign, but the short term issues need to be taken care of first. A redesigned site with a continued lack of administration and moderation will only last so long.
Last modified by Mazdafreak, 10 July 2017, 21:43

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Ferrarifanman, 10 July 2017, 22:57
vL8 wrote:
Ferrarifanman wrote:
Hey, Pictures of Mustang car meets and overly cropped dealer pictures are featured without question. It's really irritating.

[quote="vL8"PLease
Please , stop shitting on the few mistakes i made. I know you are referring to my spots in your complainant. I have rectified them. Give me a break OK ? [/quote]

Yet you still upload a dog and some random ass light. You obviously haven't learned from your mistakes, and yes you should be banned from the website.

Ferrarifanman
rivi3, 10 July 2017, 22:59
Ferrarifanman wrote:
vL8 wrote:
Ferrarifanman wrote:

[quote="vL8"PLease

Yet you still upload a dog and some random ass light. You obviously haven't learned from your mistakes, and yes you should be banned from the website.

I remember when I was 14 and I was this stupid on ES. I'm 18 now and I've grown up from that. This is coming from a 39 year old grown man who apparently still hasn't learned. Jesus Christ...

rivi3
from New York
ethanmckinley1, 11 July 2017, 00:21
Ferrarifanman wrote:
vL8 wrote:
Ferrarifanman wrote:

[quote="vL8"PLease

I completely agree with you. I don't understand why Vl8 hasn't been banned yet.

ethanmckinley1
from Portland, Oregon
Post a reply