Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Leaf_Soto, 24 October 2017, 04:06
I missed an R32 Skyline today.

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
pdkcars, 27 October 2017, 14:58
Not by far a WORST miss but just proves I had bad luck with the RCF.

So I finally find an RCF in a great spot and I go to get my shots. Great angles, I'm feeling like this would make up for all of the misses I've had with this car. Especially considering this one was specc'd so well in blue too.

Two main problems here: 1) I had to beg my sister to stop to get pictures because it wasn't a super car and I really wanted it because I still have yet to capture anything this week. So I rushed getting the shots. Usually I am quick getting shots but I chimp too. I didn't this time. 2) I turned the shutter down because it was dusk and it didn't occur to me to turn ISO up.

I think you can figure out what happened to the pictures. XD

I swear, it seems like I will never get any good pictures of the Lexus RCF.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
FastMojo2, 05 November 2017, 15:56
Just today... Aston Martin DB11!

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
RDMLP640, 14 April 2018, 03:22
Honestly, my "missed" shots are for the most part, either cars passing in an instant, or me just wanting to enjoy the car and not taking a photo of it. I have a load of spots, but when I try to upload them, they always turn out sideways... I think it's because I take them with my phone, but they are good pictures. Anyway, to the missed spots:
1. Porsche 918
2. Multiple Rolls Royce Phantom dropheads
3. Morgan Aero 8

RDMLP640
RDMLP640, 14 April 2018, 03:23
FastMojo2 wrote:
Just today... Aston Martin DB11!

Ouch...

RDMLP640
Mustang7, 14 April 2018, 12:23
Back in 2013 (I think) when I was taking my (old, terrible) camera lots of places, I didn’t once and saw a gray Aventador...
Last spring whenever I got back into taking pics of cars I decided to not take my camera on a 30 min drive (terrible idea) and saw a Lotus Elise
Uh there might be others..

Mustang7
from Pennsylvania
dandude999, 14 April 2018, 12:42
While I was in America a missed a 720s and SLS AMG parked in a combo with a lot of other cars. I also missed my first new NSX!

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
Georgiaspotter, 14 April 2018, 13:36
I have missed two Huracans,
but my worst miss was probably a yellow with black striped Countach. This was when I was 8 however.......
I also think I saw Veyron but it was dark and I can't be sure
Last modified by Georgiaspotter, 14 April 2018, 13:37

Georgiaspotter
from Tucker, Georgia
hjrodenburg, 14 April 2018, 16:52
A Veyron Grand Sport in Beverly Hills

hjrodenburg
from Washington
pdkcars, 14 April 2018, 17:09
Not really a miss because I did shoot it. The problem is I didn't shoot it how I wanted or well enough.

White F-Type SVR. I saw it this Wednesday and looked for it. When I found it, it parked in one of the crappiest spots near The Cheesecake Factory by a dumpster with two cars way too close to it and no way to get a good front shot at all. I got shots and they turned out awful. Because of the angle of the sun, the polarizer didn't work and the lighting was already harsh and awful with bad backgrounds so basically, it was one of the worst spotting situations imaginable. I'd rather it just drive off then park and park somewhere awful lmao.
Last modified by pdkcars, 14 April 2018, 17:10

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
TEZILLA, 08 October 2020, 04:58
The absolute worst miss I EVER had spotting was a red Ferrari F50 convertible in Hong Kong. It was on the other side of the road and I didn’t have my camera out. I saw it in a tunnel near the International Commerce Center. I seen a lot of spots on this site of a car that looks exactly the same in Hong Kong. Pretty sure it’s the same car.

TEZILLA
Junkyardguy98, 08 October 2020, 13:24
The recent dark blue Miura I saw speeding on I-89 NB
Lamborghini Murciliago
2 Ferrari 360 Modenas
Ferrari F12
Aston-Martin DB7
3 i8s
4 Maserati GranTursimos
2 Levantes
C8

I dont have the best of luck at all especially when exotics up here in Vermont come out of nowhere at the most random times and always miss them
Last modified by Junkyardguy98, 08 October 2020, 15:24
Deleted account
TEZILLA, 27 November 2020, 01:07
Another awful miss I had was a Ferrari 812 Novitec N-Largo which is one of 15 or 18 in the world! I saw it in Washington DC on my way to school. The thing that really bothers me is that back then I though it was just a regular 812. It stopped at a red light and I probably could have chased after it and got a picture. The issue was that I was late for class. I was also Ubering to school and it seemed like it was behind our Uber car for quite awhile because after I got out of the car, I saw it zoom by. I can’t believe I didn’t notice it. I case anyone is wondering it was matte red. It still haunts me to this day and I’m always left wondering if it’s local to the DC area or not. I keep hoping it is because I want to see it again :(.
Last modified by TEZILLA, 27 November 2020, 01:09

TEZILLA
Exoticsont, 27 November 2020, 04:57
I thought I saw a Chiron driving by near the zoo which is across the river from Downtown. even though there is not a Chiron in Calgary the car show which was taking place around the same time had one from Edmonton which is about a three hour drive from Calgary. anyway if it was a chiron then that is by far my worst miss, at the time my car knowledge was small but no other car looks like it.

Exoticsont
from Calgary , Canada
Exoticsont, 27 November 2020, 04:58
I also missed a 488 pista when I was driving to red deer in the summer.

Exoticsont
from Calgary , Canada
Post a reply