Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
rivi3, 17 September 2016, 21:35
pdkcars wrote:
I think I just had another one. Saturday night my sister and I were getting fast food and I had left my new camera at home. I look to my right into the parking like of a nearby Academy and see a brand new yellow AMG GT-S with the spoiler and everything. I was so pissed. I've never seen one of those down here or one in that color, you usually have to go up to Austin to see one of those.

I never understand why the hell people leave their cameras at home. They're always like "it's not worth it!!11!", bring your f**king camera everywhere you go. I almost made the same mistake however I decided to bring it and I wound up catching a $2,000,000.00 Duesenberg (apologies for the toaster quality):

[https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8074/8414168195_c6dd8fbb6c_b.jpg]
Last modified by rivi3, 17 September 2016, 21:35

rivi3
from New York
r8lover, 17 September 2016, 22:25
rivi3 wrote:
I never understand why the hell people leave their cameras at home.

I leave mine at home simply because it's a burden to carry around and I don't see anything nice enough to warrant the use of it. If I leave it in my car, it's just a liability to have a several hundred dollar camera sitting in the car. Plus I wouldn't want it to get damaged from how hot the interior can get.
Deleted account
sumosloths, 17 September 2016, 22:26
rivi3 wrote:

Like actually though. When I'm home I always have my camera in the passenger seat whenever I go anywhere. I'll usually only see something like once a week, but if pics are possible they're always with my camera.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
rivi3, 18 September 2016, 03:04
r8lover wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

I leave mine at home simply because it's a burden to carry around and I don't see anything nice enough to warrant the use of it. If I leave it in my car, it's just a liability to have a several hundred dollar camera sitting in the car. Plus I wouldn't want it to get damaged from how hot the interior can get.

Idk about you but if I'm going somewhere and I can't take my camera in, I put it underneath the backseat and cover it with a blanket or a jacket or something so nobody breaks in to steal it.

I can understand the "I don't see anything nice enough to warrant the use of it" excuse, but I would bring it just in case. I always bring it just in case I see a cool car or I see a great photo opportunity in general.

rivi3
from New York
venomgt95, 18 September 2016, 03:21
Missed my first ever Lamborghini...a Verde Mantis Gallardo LP560-4

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
r8lover, 18 September 2016, 04:36
rivi3 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

Idk about you but if I'm going somewhere and I can't take my camera in, I put it underneath the backseat and cover it with a blanket or a jacket or something so nobody breaks in to steal it.

I can understand the "I don't see anything nice enough to warrant the use of it" excuse, but I would bring it just in case. I always bring it just in case I see a cool car or I see a great photo opportunity in general.

My car's backseats don't let me do that :/ At any rate, I'm also a little concerned about the heat at this time of year. My radar detector will tell me it's overheating if I forget to take it down sometimes.

Trust me, there's nothing cool enough to take photos of in Lexington. I'll see some Ghiblis and at best an R8. Nothing else really to note though. One time I saw a Bitter CD2 and a Laforza at some guy's house, but that's the best I've seen around here.
Deleted account
VolvoMan05, 18 September 2016, 18:39
Brown Aston Martin One-77 at a car wash in Beijing. Caught a glimpse of the rear wing extended and the iconic taillights, but because I was in a taxicab I couldn't go back to get a picture.

VolvoMan05
pdkcars, 18 September 2016, 18:54
r8lover wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

If I'm planning on going anywhere outside of the Walmart or HEB outside of my neighborhood, I feel I have to bring my camera. It's easier with the Canon SX600 because it fits in my pocket like a phone. I'll still use it for when I see something coming out of a store or making small trips when we get another memory card. But the new big camera is coming with me now too. It's easy to stow it away from sight. I'd rather have the burden of carrying the thing around then going somewhere and missing out on a potential great spot. Because in San Antonio most of the best spots are completely random.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
sumosloths, 18 September 2016, 21:06
r8lover wrote:
My car's backseats don't let me do that :/ At any rate, I'm also a little concerned about the heat at this time of year. My radar detector will tell me it's overheating if I forget to take it down sometimes.

I usually stow mine on the floor in front of the passenger seat and hide it with my sweatshirt. I also try not to park in the sun, and when I do I use windshield covers.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
pdkcars, 18 September 2016, 22:13
sumosloths wrote:
r8lover wrote:

I usually stow mine on the floor in front of the passenger seat and hide it with my sweatshirt. I also try not to park in the sun, and when I do I use windshield covers.

I just stow mine in the trunk next to the cooler.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
porschelover991, 21 September 2016, 01:21
Jaguar F-Type, Corvette C5, Porsche Cayman

porschelover991
from Bunola, Pennsylvania
911gt3rsfan, 22 September 2016, 01:15
Missed a Jaguar F-Type SVR convertible today.

911gt3rsfan
from Summit, New Jersey
REPTILE_NW, 07 November 2016, 03:46
All of the cars i've missed this summer

Laferrari
Gtc4 lusso
Huracan avio
2 Gallardo's
NSX-R
Couple GT-R's, Including an alpha
Cobra
Viper
And tons of Maserati's, Bentley's, and Porsche's

REPTILE_NW
from Portland, Oregon
rivi3, 07 November 2016, 23:07
Almost every car I've ever missed I wound up finding again months or even years later. That's the nice thing about my area. While I still haven't caught the Aventador SV or Gemini on the road yet, I did wind up catching the black P1 a year and a half later. All it takes is patience.

rivi3
from New York
rivi3, 07 November 2016, 23:10
You know what, my worst miss ever was when we were heading up to Lime Rock Park for the Sunday in the Park Concours at Lime Rock Park during Historics Festival 32, and my moms car decides "You know what, I've had it. f*ck you" and breaks down five minutes from my house. So I wound up not going at all. I bawled like a b*tch for the rest of the day lmao.

rivi3
from New York
Post a reply