Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
rivi3, 13 July 2017, 22:00
I remember back when car spotting used to be a fun, worry-free thing. Pretty much everyone got along, nobody was really crossing people's boundaries, and we would all come together to post our finds on Flickr, Facebook, or even here. However within the last two or so years, it has all fallen apart.

Instead of normal spotting, we now have spotter cliques who act like stuck-up white girls. They have really expensive DSLRs, run around after the cars (even jumping into traffic to catch a LaFerrari), and then when they finally get the shot, they're over it. You can immediately tell someone is not really into cars when they take a picture and then immediately go on their phone to check Instagram. That tells me they are just doing it for the likes. Or even the people who follow the cars leaving the show like zombies with their iPhones out getting in the way of people's shots.

rivi3
from New York
rivi3, 13 July 2017, 22:00
Now I don't wanna rip on people just for this, it's their personalities as well. They're incredibly obnoxious, rude, mean-spirited people. Like how some people don't give a sh*t if a dealer tells them not to take photos, people who follow cars owners for way too long, (and sometimes to the driveway of their own house), people who go out of their way to rip on people for driving what they want/have to, the people bring obnoxious drones to car shows now, and the endless drama that continues to plague the community.

It's not even limited to the spotters themselves, it's also the car owners who get off on the attention from the teenage fanboys, like offering a ride to them if they can bow down to their knees and see them as some sort of God pretty much, calling themselves a "king" for having more money than everyone else. Salomondrin and CupGang as a whole, it's just one big dick-sucking contest that needs to stop.

I've also noticed that people are always like "why do the cops have to be such dickheads with the exotic cars? You guys live in a police state!!!" gee maybe it's because of selfish assholes like this who have no regard for anyone else around them.
Last modified by rivi3, 13 July 2017, 22:07

rivi3
from New York
carguyjt, 13 July 2017, 22:50
rivi3 wrote:
Now I don't wanna rip on people just for this, it's their personalities as well. They're incredibly obnoxious, rude, mean-spirited people. Like how some people don't give a sh*t if a dealer tells them not to take photos, people who follow cars owners for way too long, (and sometimes to the driveway of their own house), people who go out of their way to rip on people for driving what they want/have to, the people bring obnoxious drones to car shows now, and the endless drama that continues to plague the community.

It's not even limited to the spotters themselves, it's also the car owners who get off on the attention from the teenage fanboys, like offering a ride to them if they can bow down to their knees and see them as some sort of God pretty much, calling themselves a "king" for having more money than everyone else. Salomondrin and CupGang as a whole, it's just one big dick-sucking contest that needs to stop.

I've also noticed that people are always like "why do the cops have to be such dickheads with the exotic cars? You guys live in a police state!!!" gee maybe it's because of selfish assholes like this who have no regard for anyone else around them.

I agree lol everyone is stupid nowadays it's really funny to see the ones with big followings act like they're the sh*t when in reality they just look like losers lmao.

carguyjt
from Littleton, Colorado
pdkcars, 14 July 2017, 16:38
That cr*p with the Maserati MC12 this past week was just... I don't even know how to describe it. First the action itself, then the comments. 300-400 comments of arguing. Really goes to show just how cr*p the car community is. First I have to say that being an a***ole does not fix a***ole behavior. Then I have to say you're right in that people don't even care about these cars half of the time. All people care about is the photo on Instagram, hell I don't even think they care about photography. They just buy super expensive cameras and lenses and try to find the rarest most expensive car and half the time they don't even like it bashing it for being ugly or that it's not as good as its predecessor. And then you have snobs like Spencer Modes (I'm not gonna lie I genuinely hate that guy) commenting amidst the MC12 drama "your camera sucks, your photos suck" and I'm just sitting here like what is wrong with you people?

It's just toxic. It's not about the cars. There's a spotter I talk to a lot and one time I was at home and saw someone posted a live story from the mall I frequent for spotting showing a rarely specc'd baby blue Gallardo and I was excited lol. He's like "Why are you getting excited about a Gallardo?" and then goes on to say how boring/common they are. I just rolled my eyes. People probably look down on my Instagram page because I'm posting SVRs and XKRSs and even a new-gen Miata while most people just focus on hyper cars. I understand people have different interests, I'd actually like to have some hyper/super car photos myself but not all of the time because then it just gets boring.

Any way it's just not a friendly community anymore. There are some nice people in my area and I'm lucky but of course there are still quite a few snobby car photographers who wont even speak to you lol. Their problem...
Last modified by pdkcars, 14 July 2017, 16:39

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
ethanmckinley1, 14 July 2017, 18:36
pdkcars wrote:
That cr*p with the Maserati MC12 this past week was just... I don't even know how to describe it. First the action itself, then the comments. 300-400 comments of arguing. Really goes to show just how cr*p the car community is. First I have to say that being an a***ole does not fix a***ole behavior. Then I have to say you're right in that people don't even care about these cars half of the time. All people care about is the photo on Instagram, hell I don't even think they care about photography. They just buy super expensive cameras and lenses and try to find the rarest most expensive car and half the time they don't even like it bashing it for being ugly or that it's not as good as its predecessor. And then you have snobs like Spencer Modes (I'm not gonna lie I genuinely hate that guy) commenting amidst the MC12 drama "your camera sucks, your photos suck" and I'm just sitting here like what is wrong with you people?

It's just toxic. It's not about the cars. There's a spotter I talk to a lot and one time I was at home and saw someone posted a live story from the mall I frequent for spotting showing a rarely specc'd baby blue Gallardo and I was excited lol. He's like "Why are you getting excited about a Gallardo?" and then goes on to say how boring/common they are. I just rolled my eyes. People probably look down on my Instagram page because I'm posting SVRs and XKRSs and even a new-gen Miata while most people just focus on hyper cars. I understand people have different interests, I'd actually like to have some hyper/super car photos myself but not all of the time because then it just gets boring.

Any way it's just not a friendly community anymore. There are some nice people in my area and I'm lucky but of course there are still quite a few snobby car photographers who wont even speak to you lol. Their problem...

I totally agree. I'm not aware about this drama with the MC12. Do you mind giving me a quick rundown? Thanks

ethanmckinley1
from Portland, Oregon
bullchaser, 14 July 2017, 19:54
rivi3 wrote:
I remember back when car spotting used to be a fun, worry-free thing. Pretty much everyone got along, nobody was really crossing people's boundaries, and we would all come together to post our finds on Flickr, Facebook, or even here. However within the last two or so years, it has all fallen apart.

Instead of normal spotting, we now have spotter cliques who act like stuck-up white girls. They have really expensive DSLRs, run around after the cars (even jumping into traffic to catch a LaFerrari), and then when they finally get the shot, they're over it. You can immediately tell someone is not really into cars when they take a picture and then immediately go on their phone to check Instagram. That tells me they are just doing it for the likes. Or even the people who follow the cars leaving the show like zombies with their iPhones out getting in the way of people's shots.

Totally agree.

bullchaser
from Illinois
pdkcars, 14 July 2017, 23:36
@ethan - See, what had happen was, rtpintomedia decided to follow an MC12 owner after a car show to get extra pictures. There are claims the owner hates attention and intentionally took a different route to avoid being followed but clearly it failed. Well when he got to his house rt and thekartographer decided to take pictures of it entering the owner's driveway. According to several other IG accounts the owner discussed how he was not okay with this. So when rt posted it basically a flame session started and it last 400 comments before he deleted it. Thekartographer just turned off comments and still has two images of the mc12 in the driveway.
Last modified by pdkcars, 14 July 2017, 23:37

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
ethanmckinley1, 14 July 2017, 23:51
pdkcars wrote:
@ethan - See, what had happen was, rtpintomedia decided to follow an MC12 owner after a car show to get extra pictures. There are claims the owner hates attention and intentionally took a different route to avoid being followed but clearly it failed. Well when he got to his house rt and thekartographer decided to take pictures of it entering the owner's driveway. According to several other IG accounts the owner discussed how he was not okay with this. So when rt posted it basically a flame session started and it last 400 comments before he deleted it. Thekartographer just turned off comments and still has two images of the mc12 in the driveway.

Wow. Thanks for replying and giving me the summary because if not I would've been searching everywhere for what happened hahaha. Anyways that's really messed up. People need to understand you don't invade peoples privacy like that. Those are the types of people that make "us" look bad. After all, if it wasn't for the owners who take their cars to events so much then there wouldn't be any car shows and no cars to photograph.
Last modified by ethanmckinley1, 14 July 2017, 23:52

ethanmckinley1
from Portland, Oregon
911gt3rsfan, 15 July 2017, 00:09
rivi3 wrote:

What happened with the LaFerrari?

911gt3rsfan
from Summit, New Jersey
nyexphotography, 15 July 2017, 01:42
Totally lost me in the second post....

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
rivi3, 15 July 2017, 03:45
nyexphotography wrote:
Totally lost me in the second post....

What do you mean?

rivi3
from New York
rivi3, 15 July 2017, 03:46
911gt3rsfan wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

What happened with the LaFerrari?

According to numerous people, back in 2014, a LaFerrari owner had to put his car away and drive his SL 65 AMG during Car Week instead because there were numerous people jumping out in the middle of traffic just to get a shot of his car.

rivi3
from New York
davisvehicles, 15 July 2017, 04:00
I totally agree with you. Some people on instagram are just cancer. That is why I stick to my small group of friends in a group chat and have one best friend who I go spotting with all the time. We straight up just do it because we enjoy any cars we see. We couldn't care less if people were seeing even more insane things if we are enjoying ourselves. Me, him and another friend are driving to car week this year and I already know it's gonna be a shitshow with spotters. It will still be so much fun, don't get me wrong, but some of that annoying instagram sh*t will get in the way I already know it.

davisvehicles
from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Mazdafreak, 15 July 2017, 17:59
pdkcars wrote:

Same guy who has been flooding the hell out of Autogespot with lots of mundane (for Beverly Hills) cars like Bentleys and Rolls-Royces. Not surprised at all.
Last modified by Mazdafreak, 15 July 2017, 18:06

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
FanOfSuperCars, 15 July 2017, 19:25
Mazdafreak wrote:
pdkcars wrote:

Same guy who has been flooding the hell out of Autogespot with lots of mundane (for Beverly Hills) cars like Bentleys and Rolls-Royces. Not surprised at all.

Ohhh this car
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 15 July 2017, 19:27

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
Post a reply