Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
pdkcars, 14 September 2017, 15:55
I'm like, at least single out the actual good specs lmao! Does he really think people want to see 30 different white Rolls Royce Dawns?

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
Rivitography, 16 September 2017, 02:52
pdkcars wrote:
I'm like, at least single out the actual good specs lmao! Does he really think people want to see 30 different white Rolls Royce Dawns?

I mean if I lived in the area, I would probably do the same as him lmao. However I would try to mix it up a bit and not post one Dawn after another. The way I upload now is if I see a car more than once, I post it immediately. Even so, if he just put descriptions on his spots, it would be more interesting. For example, I like to be as precise as possible so I say stuff like "I found this 2017 Ferrari 488 Spider driving on North Salem Road/NY-121 on 4/01/2017. License plate: AAA·1234 (NY)" That way it is easier to differentiate between spots.

Rivitography
from New York
Rivitography, 16 September 2017, 02:58
Kinda off topic, but I also want to let you guys know I learned something today about spotting: be wary about going into places such as restaurant parking lots and yacht clubs. There are just some people who do not like flaunting their wealth and can get upset with you taking pictures of their cars.

I got stopped at The Inn at Pound Ridge tonight for taking pictures with my DSLR at 8:00 at night. Probably not the wisest idea in the book to be doing that on my part. I did it because I was on my way back from school and decided to just stop in to see what was parked there. The general manager was nice about it though and explained to me how it was private property and people come to have a nice dinner and they don't want to feel like their privacy is being violated. I was upset but I completely understood his point of view so I shook his hand and I said "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone, I will stop taking pictures" and I left.

When spotting, please respect other people's privacy and use common sense. I don't know why I thought it was a good idea especially when it was dark out and had to use flash. In the future, I'll just try to find those cars running around town during the day on a public road.

Rivitography
from New York
pdkcars, 04 October 2017, 01:49
I was waiting to be picked up by my sister today outside of Neiman Marcus (actually been there with my mom who goes there occasionally in case people think I just lurk there all of the time for no reason) and looked up from my bench to see a silver RS5 pulling in. So naturally I wanted to get pictures and I do. So I'm finished and this is one of those captures where I feel like "eh the surrounding just make for a basic picture" and I've been trying to change things lately to make my style less repetitive. Anyway, move to the back of the car and put the camera in my bag. There's a security guard across from me and on Friday when I went to take pictures of the rare 1 of 2 Verde Ermes Huracan two guards reassured me that there was no problem. This guard didn't seem bothered either. BUT the lady behind me gets out of her car and creeps up behind me asking with such a tone "what are you doing?... what are you doing?" I point to the Audi and say "oh just taking a picture of that Audi" and she just acts like she's all weirded out and I leave. It ain't even her car. Why does she care? I saw the guy walking by as I went looking for his car and he'd look like the type to not mind me taking pictures. I'm glad I wasn't in a worse mood because any other time I would've said "what does it look like? mind your business" lmaoooo.

People treat photography like such a crime. It's a parking lot, and it is open to the public so it's basically a public parking lot. I can do whatever I want as long as it obeys the code of conduct and so confronting me like I'm going to steal a car with my UTSA bag giving away who I am and a security guard sitting across from us is just insulting. Not gonna lie.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
Mazdafreak, 04 October 2017, 03:05
pdkcars wrote:
...BUT the lady behind me gets out of her car and creeps up behind me asking with such a tone "what are you doing?... what are you doing?" I point to the Audi and say "oh just taking a picture of that Audi" and she just acts like she's all weirded out and I leave. It ain't even her car. Why does she care? I saw the guy walking by as I went looking for his car and he'd look like the type to not mind me taking pictures. I'm glad I wasn't in a worse mood because any other time I would've said "what does it look like? mind your business" lmaoooo.

I remember a while back, a panhandler asked me "what'cha doing with that camera?" while I was doing some spotting. He said it in a bit of a condescending tone, so I told him I was "taking pictures of cars", then I paused and bluntly asked "is that a problem?" I'm sure I sounded a bit like an a-hole, but it seemed to work because he kind of took a step back and was like "oh, uh, no, that's cool."

Basically, if anyone says anything to me, I try to be respectful at first, but if it escalates at all, I get a little more blunt with them to get them to go away.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
FastMojo2, 21 September 2018, 11:07
Let's not forget the Facebook and Instagram car communities, they just got even worse... Now filled with more toxic/cancerous people, jealousy, hate and in the worst case scenario, harassments, insults and bullies.

As I live and do spotting in Indonesia, these tend to happen in Facebook.

- People got jealous if you spot something that was not intended to appear/owned by someone in Indonesia, e.g. Porsche 911 (991) GT2 RS, Lamborghini Diablo, McLaren 675LT
- Jealousy mostly didn't end well, usually they'll make sure that either: my spots got reported and taken down, accused my spots as stolen, making my spots inelligible for spotting (illegal), etc.
- Name-calling, bullying, harassing and insulting others were common. I've seen someone called me a gold-digging b*tch, *sswipe, stupid b**tard (usually combined with accusations)
- People who also use campaign (provocations) to destroy your public car spotting image. For example, on a short time, there was a hashtag on Facebook called #JonathanClausHendraiskingofphotostealer, until a moderator finds out about them and takes down all the posts with that hashtag.

The same also happened when I start posting on Instagram, until I decide to close my first account there.
Last modified by FastMojo2, 27 February 2019, 09:10

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
ALB15, 22 September 2018, 00:04
This post was deleted 22 September 2018, 00:05 by ALB15

ALB15
FastMojo2, 27 February 2019, 04:55
Just got some info that people in Facebook were getting even worse. While in Instagram, the community went better.

Even more people in Facebook were becoming a douchebag nowadays. For example, people who comment such as "have you got permission", "stolen", "f**king stealer", etc. in any of my comments for no whatever reason. Even in discussions unrelated to car spotting and stuff. They were even savage enough to spam the sh*t out of you and troll you to the next level. They started all on Facebook, now they also spread their influence to Instagram (most incidents in IG starts from the douchebags on Facebook), Youtube, Car Throttle, even some of them had dare enough to do so on my mods on the video game modding site GTA5-mods.com.

Even some pages and people told me on Instagram that they're annoyed of them, however they just won't stop.

Oh yeah, and harassments, insults, bullies, mass accusations, mass hatred, mass false reportings, etc. still happens, it just got even worse.
Last modified by FastMojo2, 27 February 2019, 12:01

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
dandude999, 27 February 2019, 07:34
FastMojo2 wrote:
Just got some info that people in Facebook were getting even worse. While in Instagram, the community went better.

Even more people in Facebook were becoming a douchebag nowadays. For example, people who comment such as "have you got permission", "stolen", "f**king stealer", etc. in any of my comments for no whatever reason. Even in discussions unrelated to car spotting and stuff. They were even savage enough to spam the sh*t out of you and troll you to the next level. They started all on Facebook, now they also spread their influence to Instagram (most incidents in IG starts from the douchebags on Facebook), Youtube, Car Throttle, even some of them had dare enough to do so on my mods on the video game modding site GTA5-mods.com.

Even some pages and people told me on Instagram that they're annoyed of them, however they just won't stop.

Have you tried reporting their accounts for spam, reporting their comments or doing something else similar?
Last modified by dandude999, 27 February 2019, 07:34

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
FastMojo2, 27 February 2019, 09:08
dandude999 wrote:
FastMojo2 wrote:

Have you tried reporting their accounts for spam, reporting their comments or doing something else similar?

I've already tried reporting them to no avail. Once I've reported numerous accounts and people who were associated with the spams and trolls, they will always come back. Even some were using sockpuppets. Ignoring those spams/trolls didn't work either.

Let me tell you, I also had lost 3 good friends on Facebook and Instagram thanks to the douchebags's influence.
Last modified by FastMojo2, 27 February 2019, 09:18

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
dandude999, 27 February 2019, 17:08
FastMojo2 wrote:
dandude999 wrote:
FastMojo2 wrote:

I've already tried reporting them to no avail. Once I've reported numerous accounts and people who were associated with the spams and trolls, they will always come back. Even some were using sockpuppets. Ignoring those spams/trolls didn't work either.

Let me tell you, I also had lost 3 good friends on Facebook and Instagram thanks to the douchebags's influence.

That's so odd, as it seems to only happen to you and your friends and I haven't heard it happen to anyone else really. It sounds like these people are deliberately targeting you. Are they also car spotters or just random people?
Last modified by dandude999, 27 February 2019, 17:08

dandude999
FastMojo2, 28 February 2019, 01:23
dandude999 wrote:
FastMojo2 wrote:
dandude999 wrote:
FastMojo2 wrote:

That's so odd, as it seems to only happen to you and your friends and I haven't heard it happen to anyone else really. It sounds like these people are deliberately targeting you. Are they also car spotters or just random people?

They're car spotters too. Just acting like total douchebags.

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
dandude999, 28 February 2019, 07:28
FastMojo2 wrote:
dandude999 wrote:
FastMojo2 wrote:
dandude999 wrote:
FastMojo2 wrote:

Can't you just block them?

dandude999
FastMojo2, 28 February 2019, 11:14
dandude999 wrote:
FastMojo2 wrote:
dandude999 wrote:
FastMojo2 wrote:
dandude999 wrote:
FastMojo2 wrote:

I've blocked them but no avail. Once I blocked one, another will came.

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
dandude999, 28 February 2019, 18:37
FastMojo2 wrote:

I've blocked them but no avail. Once I blocked one, another will came.

Wow, your situation must be difficult to get out of then, but there will be a way. Maybe make your IG account a private one.
Last modified by dandude999, 28 February 2019, 18:39

dandude999
Post a reply