Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Featured
YES featured photos should not exist

NO featured should still stay

Total: 26
MDPhotography88, 30 July 2015, 00:50
I have a question... Why does there have to be featured photos and non featured photos? I honestly think that featured photos should not exist on this site. That way a lot more people would be happy because their *example Rolls Royce Phantom will get a lot more than 2 likes... The reason as to why a lot of very rare and cool exotic cars on this site do not have very many likes is because of the featured section!!

I have an example: http://www.exoticspotter.com/other-other-cape-town-south-africa-203397

This photo needs so many more likes than that. FEATURED NEEDS TO GO

MDPhotography88
from Denver, Colorado
Epic-car-spoter, 30 July 2015, 01:26
Features should stay if you want so see insane cars than the features are the way to go, if you want to see all the peoples pic than click everything.

Epic-car-spoter
from Colorado Springs, Colorado
Twinbros22, 30 July 2015, 01:32
I'd have to say that featured should stay. Although I look through all photos, I find it easier to skim through the good photos of more important cars. If people didn't upload some terrible photos, I would be fine with all photos being shown, but I think it is necessary.

Twinbros22
from South Carolina
CanvasRider, 30 July 2015, 02:26
Featured should stay

CanvasRider
Mustang1, 30 July 2015, 02:28
This post was deleted 30 July 2015, 02:29 by Mustang1

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
r8lover, 30 July 2015, 02:32
The title should be changed to "I'm not getting enough likes and I want to make sure no one else does either."

Seriously though, the featured category is really not a bad thing at all. No one wants their recently spotted Veyron or LaFerrari to be put on the same playing field as someone who uploads a base 996 911 Carrera. Sure, for those who don't see all kinds of amazing exotics, it can seem a bit unfair. When you do finally have photos to post that are featured, I'm sure you'll be one of the last to complain though.
Last modified by r8lover, 30 July 2015, 02:34
Deleted account
Forzafaithful99, 30 July 2015, 02:33
I think if it was based off of the shot it should stay, but the fact that a DBS isn't featured and a Porsche GT3 is regardless of the shot seems silly to me.

Forzafaithful99
Mustang1, 30 July 2015, 02:34
featured should go away. I have spotted a car rarer and more expensive than a lot of featured cars which is a 1 of 555 (1 of 444 in the US) which is a alpine z8 and it got no attention. it is worth around 350k dollars
see
here as well
all the pics of the black bison as well

Mustang1
Mustang1, 30 July 2015, 02:38
and a 911 turbo s (991) which costs a good bit more r not and they rarely get a lot of attention
what is wrong with my pics of cars like this, does everyone just not like me?

Mustang1
r8lover, 30 July 2015, 02:44
Mustang1 wrote:
and a 911 turbo s (991) which costs a good bit more r not and they rarely get a lot of attention

That's because they're everywhere.
Deleted account
r8lover, 30 July 2015, 02:46
I'll admit, the featured category is most certainly not perfect. There isn't really any way to make it perfect either without having people who can put a lot more time into the website than those who run it are currently able to. Some cars/shots in the featured category obviously don't deserve to be featured, and it of course also works the other way around. The mods do try to feature shots or cars they think are worthy of the title, but of course there are always those that slip through the net.
Deleted account
Mustang1, 30 July 2015, 02:49
r8lover wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:

there r only 991 2 turbo s' in this area that I know of and in Atlanta I have only spotted 1 991 in the 9 months I have been going there
u people live on a different planet than the small/large city of chattanooga

Mustang1
Lamborarri, 30 July 2015, 02:50
I'm not saying we have poor administration/moderation, but I think they should focus a little bit more on quality. Today there were 4 shots posted that should have been featured (3 Ferrari 328s and one Ferrari F355), and I think they are all good enough quality for the front page. Anyway, I agree with Matt. The DBS should be featured, as well as any R8 GT, 360 CS, and GT-R Nismo in my opinion.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
Mustang1, 30 July 2015, 02:51
Lamborarri wrote:
I'm not saying we have poor administration/moderation, but I think they should focus a little bit more on quality. Today there were 4 shots posted that should have been featured (3 Ferrari 328s and one Ferrari F355), and I think they are all good enough quality for the front page. Anyway, I agree with Matt. The DBS should be featured, as well as any R8 GT, 360 CS, and GT-R Nismo in my opinion.

agreed

Mustang1
r8lover, 30 July 2015, 02:52
Mustang1 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:

there r only 991 2 turbo s' in this area that I know of and in Atlanta I have only spotted 1 991 in the 9 months I have been going there
u people live on a different planet than the small/large city of chattanooga

911 Turbos are some of the more common exotics (relatively speaking) in a number of places. ES doesn't work on a relative basis though. A car that doesn't deserve to be featured from somewhere like LA, London, or even Cincinnati still won't be featured even if it was spotted in a small city or the middle of f**king nowhere.
Deleted account
Post a reply