YES featured photos should not exist

NO featured should still stay

Total: 26
Mustang1, 30 July 2015, 02:54
r8lover wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:
and a 911 turbo s (991) which costs a good bit more r not and they rarely get a lot of attention
what is wrong with my pics of cars like this, does everyone just not like me?

That's because they're everywhere.

there r only 991 2 turbo s' in this area that I know of and in Atlanta I have only spotted 1 991 in the 9 months I have been going there
u people live on a different planet than the small/large city of chattanooga

911 Turbos are some of the more common exotics (relatively speaking) in a number of places. ES doesn't work on a relative basis though. A car that doesn't deserve to be featured from somewhere like LA, London, or even Cincinnati still won't be featured even if it was spotted in a small city or the middle of f**king nowhere.

what d u think makes a car featured

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
r8lover, 30 July 2015, 02:55
Lamborarri wrote:
I'm not saying we have poor administration/moderation, but I think they should focus a little bit more on quality. Today there were 4 shots posted that should have been featured (3 Ferrari 328s and one Ferrari F355), and I think they are all good enough quality for the front page. Anyway, I agree with Matt. The DBS should be featured, as well as any R8 GT, 360 CS, and GT-R Nismo in my opinion.

As I said before, if the isn't usually featured, the mods will typically feature it if it's a good shot. Though when I mean good, I mean of stellar quality, something you'd have mistaken for a true professional photo (they very well could be pro photographers as well, I'm just using this as a comparison).

The R8 GT and 360 CS are almost always featured unless the mods just don't see it.
Deleted account
Mustang1, 30 July 2015, 02:57
r8lover wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:
I'm not saying we have poor administration/moderation, but I think they should focus a little bit more on quality. Today there were 4 shots posted that should have been featured (3 Ferrari 328s and one Ferrari F355), and I think they are all good enough quality for the front page. Anyway, I agree with Matt. The DBS should be featured, as well as any R8 GT, 360 CS, and GT-R Nismo in my opinion.

As I said before, if the isn't usually featured, the mods will typically feature it if it's a good shot. Though when I mean good, I mean of stellar quality, something you'd have mistaken for a true professional photo (they very well could be pro photographers as well, I'm just using this as a comparison).

The R8 GT and 360 CS are almost always featured unless the mods just don't see it.

well the last few I have seen went featured on both

Mustang1
r8lover, 30 July 2015, 02:59
Mustang1 wrote:
what d u think makes a car featured

It's a combination of rarity, price, and exclusivity. Stuff like the LaFerrari and Veyron are obvious picks. Moving down the list, the Bentley Brooklands is also clear due to it's limited run. Obviously stuff like Continentals and R8s aren't going to be featured, as they're (again relatively speaking) as common as trees.
Deleted account
Mustang1, 30 July 2015, 03:01
then the alpine z8 should be featured because it is one of 444 in the US, it is fast, and costs 350k

Mustang1
xXFerrariFanXx, 30 July 2015, 03:12
Mustang1 wrote:
and a 911 turbo s (991) which costs a good bit more r not and they rarely get a lot of attention
what is wrong with my pics of cars like this, does everyone just not like me?

What do you expect a decent pic of a decent car. If you want some attention try some artsy angles or something along those lines.
Last modified by xXFerrariFanXx, 30 July 2015, 03:12

xXFerrariFanXx
from Florida
r8lover, 30 July 2015, 03:28
This sort of thing is what I'm talking about by featured photos of typically unfeatured cars. This picture really stood out, as it was something truly creative and different.
Deleted account
Pandawarrior, 30 July 2015, 04:40
I an absolutely sick and tired of the featured section. People spend time to get likes and have some comments. Well, featured ruined it. I have spent so much time taking pictures of cars and they don't upload because
of featured. It really annoys me and I want it to go away
Deleted account
FanOfSuperCars, 30 July 2015, 04:59
I see no problem with the featured page.

I don't get the big deal, if you want to see all the cars just click the 'All' button!

And it seems like most of the complaints here is that people aren't getting likes and favorites on their shots. This site is about sharing your photos and chatting with other car lovers, not how many ratings you can get on your shot.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 30 July 2015, 05:03

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
Vinchops, 30 July 2015, 05:02
FanOfSuperCars wrote:

I don't get the big deal, if you want to see all the cars just click the 'All' button!

And it seems like most of the complaints here is that people aren't getting likes and favorites on their shots. This site is about sharing your photos and chatting with other car lovers, not how many ratings you can get on your shot.

Best comment on this entire thread goes to....

Vinchops
Mustang1, 30 July 2015, 05:07
This post was deleted 30 July 2015, 05:21 by Mustang1

Mustang1
hyoung90, 30 July 2015, 05:14
Mustang1 wrote:
Vinchops wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:

nly thing that bothers me is no one bothers to look at shots like I post. most of u people aren't real car spotters. real car spotters should care more about the car and capturing just the car best instead of being all artsty and taking away from the car

That made no sense whatsoever. So if we want to make the shot better looking instead of posting unedited or blurry pictures, that determines whether we're a "real" car spotter or not?
if so, guess i'm fake.
Last modified by hyoung90, 30 July 2015, 05:15

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
r8lover, 30 July 2015, 05:18
Mustang1 wrote:
Vinchops wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:

nly thing that bothers me is no one bothers to look at shots like I post. most of u people aren't real car spotters. real car spotters should care more about the car and capturing just the car best instead of being all artsty and taking away from the car

Well, what would you rather show your friends? A sh*tty, blurry photo of a LaFerrari, or a well framed and edited masterpiece of the same car? Obviously the latter. Besides, if you take the photo right, the style of the photo will actually add to the car, rather than detract from it.

Though, as with hyoung90, I guess I'm a fake too. Sorry I like for my photos to look good, I didn't realize it meant I wasn't a real car spotter.
Last modified by r8lover, 30 July 2015, 05:19
Deleted account
Mustang1, 30 July 2015, 05:19
hyoung90 wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:
Vinchops wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:

That made no sense whatsoever. So if we want to make the shot better looking instead of posting unedited or blurry pictures, that determines whether we're a "real" car spotter or not?
if so, guess i'm fake.

whatever. I just like unedited shots because I don't want to waste time by editing them instead my camera makes them look good from the get go

Mustang1
r8lover, 30 July 2015, 05:22
This post was deleted 30 July 2015, 05:22 by r8lover
Deleted account
Post a reply