Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Mazdafreak, 22 February 2015, 14:07
cargame_parker wrote:
Your story is incredible. My mom has a similar story (studied hard / got a good job) but has always provided for me in a nice neighborhood, nice clothes and such. But unlike most of my friends, I'm having to buy my own car, pay for gas (and have to pay for her gas if she has to take me to an car show like cars&coffee), insurance and any upgrades I make to it. I also have to buy my phone and plan, camera, editing software, haircuts, and even daily snacks since I've been in middle school. I have had to work really hard to buy all of this. I have saved up $16,000 since last year for my car and I work 4 jobs throughout the course of a week (ben&jerrys, target, dog supply, and dog care)and play sports. I'm only 15, too. It really helps you appreciate life. I'm glad people like you are examples of this, and hopefully I will too.

Awesome! What kind of car are you looking at getting (if you haven't bought one yet)?

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
smb127, 22 February 2015, 15:10
[http://i.imgur.com/UADFoYA.jpg]

Dad's new 1979 930 Turbo sitting with his short wheelbase 9'er. His '86 Carrera is in the shop getting painted. Carrera Post More posts of his cars will come in the warmer months...

smb127
from Illinois
maxim380, 22 February 2015, 15:40
I'm pretty sure that's the best looking Porsche I have ever seen.

maxim380
from Netherlands
cargame_parker, 22 February 2015, 16:03
Mazdafreak wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:
Your story is incredible. My mom has a similar story (studied hard / got a good job) but has always provided for me in a nice neighborhood, nice clothes and such. But unlike most of my friends, I'm having to buy my own car, pay for gas (and have to pay for her gas if she has to take me to an car show like cars&coffee), insurance and any upgrades I make to it. I also have to buy my phone and plan, camera, editing software, haircuts, and even daily snacks since I've been in middle school. I have had to work really hard to buy all of this. I have saved up $16,000 since last year for my car and I work 4 jobs throughout the course of a week (ben&jerrys, target, dog supply, and dog care)and play sports. I'm only 15, too. It really helps you appreciate life. I'm glad people like you are examples of this, and hopefully I will too.

Awesome! What kind of car are you looking at getting (if you haven't bought one yet)?

(All used)
VW Toaureg
Acura RDX
BMW X5
Nissan XTerra

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
Aussiecarspotter, 22 February 2015, 16:54
Hey guys just thought I would ask my dad is looking at buying a new car just thought I would ask for some of your advice we are looking at
996 gt3
996 turbo
03 vanquish
R35
Which would be the best option in your opinion?

Aussiecarspotter
from Sydney, Australia
Diablo_SV, 22 February 2015, 16:59
Aussiecarspotter wrote:
Hey guys just thought I would ask my dad is looking at buying a new car just thought I would ask for some of your advice we are looking at
996 gt3
996 turbo
03 vanquish
R35

I'd say GT3 or 360.

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
Ma-auto, 22 February 2015, 17:01
Aussiecarspotter wrote:
996 gt3
996 turbo
03 vanquish
R35

R35. I mean, it is just about the best car you can possibly get for the money.

Ma-auto
from Boston, Massachusetts
Lamborarri, 22 February 2015, 17:07
Aussiecarspotter wrote:
996 gt3
996 turbo
03 vanquish
R35

Vanquish or 360. Both are beautiful, fast, and great drivers cars.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
r8lover, 22 February 2015, 19:39
cargame_parker wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

(All used)
VW Toaureg
Acura RDX
BMW X5
Nissan XTerra

If you're doing insurance, repairs, and other sh*t like that, I'd look at something that is fuel efficient, is cheap to repair, and won't be too hard on insurance, so whichever one of those does that would be good.
Deleted account
cargame_parker, 22 February 2015, 20:29
r8lover wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

(All used)
VW Toaureg
Acura RDX
BMW X5
Nissan XTerra

If you're doing insurance, repairs, and other sh*t like that, I'd look at something that is fuel efficient, is cheap to repair, and won't be too hard on insurance, so whichever one of those does that would be good.

All of those have a flaw in what you just said lol

cargame_parker
r8lover, 22 February 2015, 21:45
cargame_parker wrote:
r8lover wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:
(All used)
VW Toaureg
Acura RDX
BMW X5
Nissan XTerra

All of those have a flaw in what you just said lol

Yeah, I did realize that. With that being said, you can't really go wrong with a car that you will enjoy owning or driving.
Deleted account
KennyMK6R, 23 February 2015, 00:12
(All used)
VW Toaureg
Acura RDX
BMW X5
Nissan XTerra[/quote]

First of all, unless you are planning to do a lot of camping or/& going off-roading, you can write off the Nissan Xterra ... The Nissan Xterra is a glorified Jeep Wrangler in a suit and tie, if you know what I mean.

Now, one of my cousins, who is 17 yrs old, has a 2007 Acura RDX, my uncle gave it to him after I advised my uncle not to buy a fancy new vehicle for him yet because new drivers always have " nicks and dents " ... It is an okay SUV ...

The VW Tourareg is very nice ... I was looking at it before I brought my Audi Q5 but b/c I knew the Audi sales rep quite well from my family buying a few Audi's from him, he gave me a good deal, which made the price gap between the Tourareg and Q5 very small, so I went with the Q5.

The BMW X5, well, depends on which year and which generation you are looking at, and with which engine. My dad had owned a few BMW X5's in the past, he had the 4.4i, then the 4.8iS, then he had the X5 M. One of my buddies just brought an used BMW X5 diesel for his wife and they have been quite happy with it.
Deleted account
KennyMK6R, 23 February 2015, 00:14
Aussiecarspotter wrote:
996 gt3
996 turbo
03 vanquish
R35

I say drive the first four and see which one your dad and you like the most ... Each of them is different in its own way. For me, I would go with the Aston Martin Vanquish or the Porsche 996 Turbo.
Deleted account
cargame_parker, 23 February 2015, 07:28
KennyMK6R wrote:
(All used)
VW Toaureg
Acura RDX
BMW X5
Nissan XTerra

First of all, unless you are planning to do a lot of camping or/& going off-roading, you can write off the Nissan Xterra ... The Nissan Xterra is a glorified Jeep Wrangler in a suit and tie, if you know what I mean.

Now, one of my cousins, who is 17 yrs old, has a 2007 Acura RDX, my uncle gave it to him after I advised my uncle not to buy a fancy new vehicle for him yet because new drivers always have " nicks and dents " ... It is an okay SUV ...

The VW Tourareg is very nice ... I was looking at it before I brought my Audi Q5 but b/c I knew the Audi sales rep quite well from my family buying a few Audi's from him, he gave me a good deal, which made the price gap between the Tourareg and Q5 very small, so I went with the Q5.

The BMW X5, well, depends on which year and which generation you are looking at, and with which engine. My dad had owned a few BMW X5's in the past, he had the 4.4i, then the 4.8iS, then he had the X5 M. One of my buddies just brought an used BMW X5 diesel for his wife and they have been quite happy with it.[/quote]

Thanks Kenny for the advise!
The reason I like the X-Terra is because it is the way it is. Rugged, high off the ground, boxy. We have Wrangler as an everyday car and I really like it.
i would rather have an MDX but I would rather have a newer RDX for the same price as an older MDX. We have had an MDX long ago but my parents still talk highly about Acuras. They have owner many and his is what they recommend for me.
The Touraeg is my top pick as of right now. High to the ground, sporty and German. If I can get my hands on a V10 for a good price I would buy on the spot. Insurance will be a b*tch, however.
And the reason I like the X5 is because of it purely being a BMW. These are amazing cars. We have had a few X5's and known people who have had only X5's and they talk highly about them.

cargame_parker
cargame_parker, 23 February 2015, 07:32
KennyMK6R wrote:
Aussiecarspotter wrote:
996 gt3
996 turbo
03 vanquish
R35

I say drive the first four and see which one your dad and you like the most ... Each of them is different in its own way. For me, I would go with the Aston Martin Vanquish or the Porsche 996 Turbo.

996 GT3 or Turbo. You can't go wrong with a Porsche

cargame_parker
Post a reply