Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Diablo_SV, 23 February 2015, 07:48
cargame_parker wrote:
KennyMK6R wrote:
Aussiecarspotter wrote:
Hey guys just thought I would ask my dad is looking at buying a new car just thought I would ask for some of your advice we are looking at
996 gt3
996 turbo
03 vanquish
R35
Which would be the best option in your opinion?

I say drive the first four and see which one your dad and you like the most ... Each of them is different in its own way. For me, I would go with the Aston Martin Vanquish or the Porsche 996 Turbo.

996 GT3 or Turbo. You can't go wrong with a Porsche

They also are becoming very collectable

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
Mazdafreak, 23 February 2015, 12:55
I'd go for the GT3 because of the stick, but I don't really think you could go wrong with any of them!

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Mazdafreak, 23 February 2015, 13:28
cargame_parker wrote:
Thanks Kenny for the advise!
The reason I like the X-Terra is because it is the way it is. Rugged, high off the ground, boxy. We have Wrangler as an everyday car and I really like it.
i would rather have an MDX but I would rather have a newer RDX for the same price as an older MDX. We have had an MDX long ago but my parents still talk highly about Acuras. They have owner many and his is what they recommend for me.
The Touraeg is my top pick as of right now. High to the ground, sporty and German. If I can get my hands on a V10 for a good price I would buy on the spot. Insurance will be a b*tch, however.
And the reason I like the X5 is because of it purely being a BMW. These are amazing cars. We have had a few X5's and known people who have had only X5's and they talk highly about them.

Parker I'm a big fan of your photography and don't mean any offense whatsoever, but I'm gonna call it like I see it. None of the cars you mentioned would be a particularly good first car unless you are willing to sacrifice fuel economy, insurance, and lots of time for maintenance (trust me about this on used German cars - we have four of them). Out of the ones you listed, I'd be inclined to go for a manual-equipped XTerra, but the fuel economy is pretty dismal for a V6. Personally I think something like a 2007 or so Subaru Legacy Wagon (or Outback, or whatever they called it), because it has off-road chops and is pretty reliable. Fuel economy isn't the greatest, but it does have AWD, so that kind of compensates for the lack of fuel economy.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
cargame_parker, 23 February 2015, 13:41
Thanks Nick for the advise. I completely understand where you are coming from with German insurance and maintence. You told me how you had all those used Audis and was talking to my dad about how expensive that must be for you guys. Therefore, Im thinking the chances of my getting an X5 is low. It is slightly off all my criteria anyways. The Xterra is really nice and I like the design, it is the interior that makes me hold back. Extreamly behind the other models. That is how the Touraeg came into the picture with its long list of great features. Personally, I would rather sacrifice insurance over fuel economy. But a manual X-Terrawould be fun and just like the jeep we have so I am definitely going to look for good deals. Also, it is interesting how you listed a Subaru because I have actually been looking at them, I just can't pick out a model I really like except for the BR-Z. Lol. But a lot of my family has Subarus and talk very highly of them so maybe I get one from them at a goof deal. I'll let you know. A Subaru would be great!

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
williamparish, 23 February 2015, 15:42
cargame_parker wrote:
Thanks Nick for the advise. I completely understand where you are coming from with German insurance and maintence. You told me how you had all those used Audis and was talking to my dad about how expensive that must be for you guys. Therefore, Im thinking the chances of my getting an X5 is low. It is slightly off all my criteria anyways. The Xterra is really nice and I like the design, it is the interior that makes me hold back. Extreamly behind the other models. That is how the Touraeg came into the picture with its long list of great features. Personally, I would rather sacrifice insurance over fuel economy. But a manual X-Terrawould be fun and just like the jeep we have so I am definitely going to look for good deals. Also, it is interesting how you listed a Subaru because I have actually been looking at them, I just can't pick out a model I really like except for the BR-Z. Lol. But a lot of my family has Subarus and talk very highly of them so maybe I get one from them at a goof deal. I'll let you know. A Subaru would be great!

X5 also takes premium gas....

williamparish
from North Carolina
mojo9434, 24 February 2015, 19:37
cargame_parker wrote:

How about a Subaru Forester? You can get it with a manual, fuel economy is pretty decent, its reliable, safe, and its a Subie so you can mod the cr*p out of it easily!

mojo9434
from Hamilton, Canada
cargame_parker, 24 February 2015, 20:38
mojo9434 wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

How about a Subaru Forester? You can get it with a manual, fuel economy is pretty decent, its reliable, safe, and its a Subie so you can mod the cr*p out of it easily!

My aunt had one and it broke down on her on the interstate like 3 times so ehh not sure

cargame_parker
r8lover, 24 February 2015, 20:47
cargame_parker wrote:
My aunt had one and it broke down on her on the interstate like 3 times so ehh not sure

She could have gotten a lemon. My brother has a Mazda RX-8, which is the biggest piece of sh*t we've ever owned (also the most unreliable, amusingly enough given our car history), but I've heard of other people having absolutely no problems at all.
Deleted account
mojo9434, 26 February 2015, 11:04
r8lover wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

She could have gotten a lemon. My brother has a Mazda RX-8, which is the biggest piece of sh*t we've ever owned (also the most unreliable, amusingly enough given our car history), but I've heard of other people having absolutely no problems at all.

Most likely was a lemon, Subaru is kinda known for reliability.

mojo9434
from Hamilton, Canada
Mazdafreak, 26 February 2015, 12:50
r8lover wrote:

I think it depends on how well you take care of the car. VW/Audi products aren't exactly known for reliability, but we take care of ours, and they take care of us (*knock on wood*). You can't just buy a Honda or Toyota and drive it into the ground, yet expect that it's going to be perfectly reliable despite the abuse it takes. Of course, I think there are lemons out there; my dad has talked several extended family members into VWs, and they either keep buying VWs, or vow that they won't ever get caught dead in a VW again.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
cargame_parker, 26 February 2015, 13:20
Mazdafreak wrote:
r8lover wrote:

I think it depends on how well you take care of the car. VW/Audi products aren't exactly known for reliability, but we take care of ours, and they take care of us (*knock on wood*). You can't just buy a Honda or Toyota and drive it into the ground, yet expect that it's going to be perfectly reliable despite the abuse it takes. Of course, I think there are lemons out there; my dad has talked several extended family members into VWs, and they either keep buying VWs, or vow that they won't ever get caught dead in a VW again.

We had a Lemon Volvo s70. Terrible car.

cargame_parker
nyexphotography, 31 March 2015, 12:21
[http://i.imgur.com/mVG35K0.jpg]
Here's my dads new Range Rover Sport Supercharged AutoBiography. Arrived yesterday 3 weeks later then expected. Was held up at the port in Baltimore because of a lug nut recall, then was not loaded onto the transport truck along with another vehicle headed to the same dealer. The it arrived with no heated windshield, which was a key feature my dad had ordered so the dealer is looking into retrofitting it. However its finally here!

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
cargame_parker, 31 March 2015, 19:57
nyexphotography wrote:
Here's my dads new Range Rover Sport Supercharged AutoBiography. Arrived yesterday 3 weeks later then expected. Was held up at the port in Baltimore because of a lug nut recall, then was not loaded onto the transport truck along with another vehicle headed to the same dealer. The it arrived with no heated windshield, which was a key feature my dad had ordered so the dealer is looking into retrofitting it. However its finally here!

Nice car. We are looking at a getting a Range Rover do you like that car?

cargame_parker
nyexphotography, 31 March 2015, 22:04
cargame_parker wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:

Nice car. We are looking at a getting a Range Rover do you like that car?

Yes, such an improvement over the last sport. So much space. Seems a lot larger on the inside then it looks. And its quite loud.

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
FanOfSuperCars, 31 March 2015, 22:14
Diablo_SV wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:
KennyMK6R wrote:
Aussiecarspotter wrote:
Hey guys just thought I would ask my dad is looking at buying a new car just thought I would ask for some of your advice we are looking at
996 gt3
996 turbo
03 vanquish
R35
Which would be the best option in your opinion?

I say drive the first four and see which one your dad and you like the most ... Each of them is different in its own way. For me, I would go with the Aston Martin Vanquish or the Porsche 996 Turbo.

996 GT3 or Turbo. You can't go wrong with a Porsche

They also are becoming very collectable

I'd say look for a good 996 GT3.

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
Post a reply