Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
dandude999, 07 September 2019, 08:03
Lamb0Central wrote:
dandude999 wrote:
Lamb0Central wrote:
Lamb0Central wrote:
Can I suggest another really good carspotting website that I made?

https://sites.google.com/view/carspot/home?authuser=0

Moderation isn't tough- camping spots and all that are allowed, and you can mark event spots "event". You should really try it. I just suggest reading the "How this site works" page first.

Forget that site, I shut it down

How come? It was definitely promising.

There was no way to create an account, no way to comment, and I had to manually create every spot page.

Oh right, that makes sense. You would have to make a website from scratch with code to make it function as well as Autogespot or even this site.
Last modified by dandude999, 07 September 2019, 08:05

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
Mtweedel13, 27 September 2019, 20:50
Brand new update to their site. You can no longer look at all pictures of spots unless you are logged into your account. My theory is that soon you have to start paying for accounts.

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
CS99, 29 September 2019, 08:39
Actually, it's been for about half a year already(if not more), that's why probably views slightly decreased(esp. for me) because I don't have a reason to send links to my spots to non-having accounts friends anymore. That's quite a shame :(

CS99
from My hometown in, Poland
Lamb0Central, 29 September 2019, 15:01
This post was deleted 29 September 2019, 15:03 by Lamb0Central

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
Lamb0Central, 29 September 2019, 23:56
This post was deleted 30 September 2019, 20:13 by Lamb0Central

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
FastMojo2, 06 November 2019, 01:58
Just got information from Autogespot, and it's very stupid.

- Bunch of exotic cars parked in a restaurant/cafe: marked as an event, even when it's not.

One of my friend's spots had been removed. Now his other 5 spots is on the line for removal.

(facepalm)
Last modified by FastMojo2, 06 November 2019, 02:07

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
FastMojo2, 06 November 2019, 02:12
And that's not the end...

AG now only shows respect for spotters from Europe, Japan, Korea, China, Middle East and North America. If you are a spotter not from the said country... good luck staying on your feet in AG. They will tamper and mess around with you. What I mean mess around, you will likely be targeted for reports first if you do violations, they can insult (or even remove) your posts even if you don't break any rules, or make sure that you cannot survive in AG by any ways possible.

Really, this is discrimination now.
Last modified by FastMojo2, 06 November 2019, 02:12

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
Lamb0Central, 06 November 2019, 10:57
And half the site is in Dutch, Google Translate can't do it all

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
CS99, 07 November 2019, 21:10
I have just seen that they added Premium account for 25euro/year and I can't see my or any other spotters' all pics in a spot even though I'm logged in. WTF

CS99
Mazdafreak, 07 November 2019, 22:51
CS99 wrote:
I have just seen that they added Premium account for 25euro/year and I can't see my or any other spotters' all pics in a spot even though I'm logged in. WTF

Yeah, this is the dumbest thing they could have done. The brilliant idea of only allowing viewers without an AG account to view one pic of a spot has already driven away tons of views, and I do not think there are enough car spotters in the world who are willing to pay a yearly fee to look at pictures of cars.

Edit - "Existing accounts with more than 25 spots uploaded will receive Autogespot Premium for free, because you guys make it all possible."

Still not a great idea imo.
Last modified by Mazdafreak, 08 November 2019, 01:52

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
CS99, 09 November 2019, 20:43
It will slowly become the same as this site, from spotters to spotters(because I don't think there are many non-users checking both of these sites regularly. They prefer IG and FB)but with higher variety of spots, because AG as european site is based on AMG, RS,//M and Porsche and ES isn't

CS99
Lamb0Central, 10 November 2019, 02:25
CS99 wrote:
It will slowly become the same as this site, from spotters to spotters(because I don't think there are many non-users checking both of these sites regularly. They prefer IG and FB)but with higher variety of spots, because AG as european site is based on AMG, RS,//M and Porsche and ES isn't

I know I sound like a total noob right now but what is IG and FB?

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
CS99, 10 November 2019, 12:22
instagram and facebook :)

CS99
Lamb0Central, 10 November 2019, 22:47
CS99 wrote:
instagram and facebook :)

Oh, thx :)

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
WorcesterSpotter, 11 November 2019, 00:30
FastMojo2 wrote:
And that's not the end...

AG now only shows respect for spotters from Europe, Japan, Korea, China, Middle East and North America. If you are a spotter not from the said country... good luck staying on your feet in AG. They will tamper and mess around with you. What I mean mess around, you will likely be targeted for reports first if you do violations, they can insult (or even remove) your posts even if you don't break any rules, or make sure that you cannot survive in AG by any ways possible.

Really, this is discrimination now.

Are there a lot of spotters who arent from these places ?

WorcesterSpotter
Post a reply