Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Mtweedel13, 08 January 2019, 01:24
From Autogespot's latest news: "Starting January 1st 2019, we will no longer accept so-called 'campingspots'. An example is the many spots we see from Boulogne-sur-Mer (France) where cars cross the English Channel on their way to Le Mans."

So, spots aren't allowed when you know there are/are going to be cars there that are headed to a race they aren't even in 200 miles away? Might as well never upload any spots within 100 miles of the Nurburgring!

Oh wait, you have special rules for that.

Seriously though, there are much closer spots than Boulogne-sur-Mer to get across the channel and get to Le Mans. Who knows if the cars are headed to Le Mans rather than to Paris, or other spots in Europe?

How much more strict/complicated can you possibly get?
Last modified by Mtweedel13, 08 January 2019, 01:27

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
dandude999, 08 January 2019, 07:41
Mtweedel13 wrote:
From Autogespot's latest news: "Starting January 1st 2019, we will no longer accept so-called 'campingspots'. An example is the many spots we see from Boulogne-sur-Mer (France) where cars cross the English Channel on their way to Le Mans."

So, spots aren't allowed when you know there are/are going to be cars there that are headed to a race they aren't even in 200 miles away? Might as well never upload any spots within 100 miles of the Nurburgring!

Seriously though, there are much closer spots than Boulogne-sur-Mer to get across the channel and get to Le Mans. Who knows if the cars are headed to Le Mans rather than to Paris, or other spots in Europe?

I have to say, that rule is annoying. However, I don't like it when people spot something amazing and then I realise it had just been at an event or it was before an event started so they know it is going to be there. I don't understand the rule about Boulogne-Sur-Mer, that is absolute garbage. What I would do is just not mention any event that was nearby as people on AG only know about Goodwood, Le Mans and any Nürburgring race lmao.
Last modified by dandude999, 08 January 2019, 07:43

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
Rivitography, 10 January 2019, 01:06
Mtweedel13 wrote:

When somebody has an account with 14,000+ spots of just camping on the side of one road posting the same shots over and over again it's completely unfair to those who actually look around for cars and the little villages in their town. You could argue that I "camp" on Greenwich Avenue but at least the cars are parked and I get multiple shots of each car ranging from full-car to detail shots.

Rivitography
from New York
dandude999, 10 January 2019, 18:42
Rivitography wrote:
Mtweedel13 wrote:

When somebody has an account with 14,000+ spots of just camping on the side of one road posting the same shots over and over again it's completely unfair to those who actually look around for cars and the little villages in their town. You could argue that I "camp" on Greenwich Avenue but at least the cars are parked and I get multiple shots of each car ranging from full-car to detail shots.
Yeah, when someone uploads 500 spots in the same location in one day it gets a bit repetitive but at least they are spots so I'm not bothered by them to be honest.

dandude999
FastMojo2, 16 April 2019, 16:37
Again, my friend got a warning from Autogespot. This time, it's really verbal.

Nothing had recently went wrong on Autogespot until suddenly 6 of the spots (including 2 spots of the day) he uploaded were suddenly wiped off from the page for no apparent reason. When he asked about the reasons they were removed, the AG admins replied that they were all at part of an event, despite they were not.

But things went worse when suddenly the very same admin sent him a message this morning. His writing shows that he was really angry at him and the admin also gave him a verbal warning in really harsh language. He wrote: STOP UPLOADING EVENT PHOTOS FFS! One more time you upload event photos, you will be permanently banned. YOU WILL BE BANNED! YOU HEAR!? And he was also not done, he also told him that he's putting a track on him, and every single of his uploads will be monitored 24-7, which means that it's possible that they can be removed at any time the admin wants to, no matter it's breaking the rules or not.

IDK what really causes this. He didn't even break any rules when uploading spots on this location, and now he got lambasted like this because he already heavily pissed off an admin from the site for something he didn't do. And WTF? Spots on Plaza Senayan and PIK every Sunday morning is now an event? I'm done. And oh, spots on Plaza Senayan and Pantai Indah Kapuk every Saturday and Sunday morning was no longer allowed now, as they already considered it as a 'camping location'. Any spots uploaded via this location and time will now be considered illegal.

This is the very last spot they allow from the said place and time: https://www.autogespot.com/ferrari-458-spider/2019/04/14
Last modified by FastMojo2, 16 April 2019, 16:44

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
FastMojo2, 16 April 2019, 17:04
And the 2nd issue:

Remember when I spot the Veyron and CCX together? That time, when it was uploaded to Autogespot, became a huge hit and one of the top featured spot of the month. (February 2018)

Initially, the spot of the month-winning spot (the Koenigsegg CCX spot) was going to be a huge contender for Spot of The Year. However, thanks to the d*bags that were attacking me prior to the 'Spot of The Year' event, it failed to win a place as the finalists for Spot of The Year. Some of my friends were curious about this, and it was found out that a former AG member (I forgot the name) had posted a provocation topic regarding the spot. In the topic, he persuaded people to vote a Reventon Roadster spot in Singapore as spot of the month instead of my CCX spot (which he succeeded on doing it), despite the Veyron & CCX was actually a much better spot by many people (combo instead of one!).

An admin had deleted the offending topic. However, it has been too late. The finalists had been chosen, and the said d*bag former AG member had ruined a good opportunity for me to own a spot of the year. Just imagine if it happened to you, how would you feel? (Remember, Spot of the Year is not easy to achieve, the criteria to achieve one is extremely difficult, and you will obviously need luck too)
Last modified by FastMojo2, 16 April 2019, 17:06

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
adamsmith, 23 April 2019, 02:10
SHUT THE f*ck UP YOU WHINEY LITTLE f**king MILLENIALS!!!!!!!!!!!
Deleted account
FastMojo2, 08 July 2019, 16:05
Huh, reviving the old topic now.

My friend had asked AG regarding the horrible site bug that will cause some shots to not get uploaded several months ago. However, he never got any response, which means that he was staunchly ignored from time to time.

Until an admin responded just yesterday. However, he just simply replied with a dumb answer. He simply said that the 'bug' could never get fixed no matter what.

How would people enjoy Autogespot when that kind of bug kept existing the whole time?

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
FastMojo2, 11 July 2019, 14:20
Autogespot now is really... getting more and more stupid these days.

No rear/front (or blurry) = bye bye to any of your spots. No matter if it's a common exotic like a Ghibli/F-Type, or any super rare/expensive automobile like Koenigseggs etc.

Also, if you upload a spot that was unworthy and they take it down, it will also count as a violation now. Literally someone had been tired monitoring the spotters on the site and taking action on them... but really? Violation just for something like that?

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
Lamb0Central, 08 August 2019, 13:18
Can I suggest another really good carspotting website that I made?

https://sites.google.com/view/carspot/home?authuser=0

Moderation isn't tough- camping spots and all that are allowed, and you can mark event spots "event". You should really try it. I just suggest reading the "How this site works" page first.

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
Lamb0Central, 16 August 2019, 20:44
Lamb0Central wrote:

Moderation isn't tough- camping spots and all that are allowed, and you can mark event spots "event". You should really try it. I just suggest reading the "How this site works" page first.

Forget that site, I shut it down

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
dandude999, 31 August 2019, 08:20
Lamb0Central wrote:
Lamb0Central wrote:

How come? It was definitely promising.
Last modified by dandude999, 31 August 2019, 08:20

dandude999
Lamb0Central, 31 August 2019, 18:18
dandude999 wrote:
Lamb0Central wrote:
Lamb0Central wrote:

How come? It was definitely promising.

There was no way to create an account, no way to comment, and I had to manually create every spot page.

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
columbusspotter, 04 September 2019, 23:52
I cant get on any google sites so if someone can create a non google sites website that would be gr8! :)

columbusspotter
Lamb0Central, 06 September 2019, 21:06
This post was deleted 06 September 2019, 21:07 by Lamb0Central

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
Post a reply