Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
FastMojo2, 29 November 2019, 09:33
I can't believe what I just heard.

My friend (indocarspotter) said that AG can now de-upload your pics as part of their discrimination scheme. Which means that shots that were shown as successfully uploaded can be turned into a failed upload, even if the internet used to upload the shots were among the fastest.

Even worse, this scheme can now be used by admins to play around with someone they dislike/hate. Especially if the spotters were not from Europe, Japan, Korea, China, Middle East and North America.

Starting from now, getting Spot of the Day (I consider it an achievement) from the country above was going to be a matter of luck. You'll probably need to place a bet or pray that the admins didn't toy around with you.
Last modified by FastMojo2, 29 November 2019, 09:39

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
FastMojo2, 09 December 2019, 03:13
And now, my close friend indocarspotter.

He told me that he's done on Autogespot. Basically, he was already treated like trash on the site.

- First, everything he uploaded was continuously reported like crazy.
- Second, he was continuously accused of garageposting & eventposting. Even when he was not uploading one.
- Third, he was accused for being a scammer. And, also, a wretched fool and 'plain cancer' on the site.

He said to me that he won't come back to the site for 2020. I won't know what will happen to the site next. Probably his spots could get doomed, just like what happened to me in the past.

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
Lamb0Central, 09 December 2019, 21:08
FastMojo2 wrote:
And now, my close friend indocarspotter.

He told me that he's done on Autogespot. Basically, he was already treated like trash on the site.

- First, everything he uploaded was continuously reported like crazy.
- Second, he was continuously accused of garageposting & eventposting. Even when he was not uploading one.
- Third, he was accused for being a scammer. And, also, a wretched fool and 'plain cancer' on the site.

He said to me that he won't come back to the site for 2020. I won't know what will happen to the site next. Probably his spots could get doomed, just like what happened to me in the past.

Ouch. It's pretty annoying how you can't fight back

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
FastMojo2, 13 January 2020, 03:12
Sorry about the late information.

Well, in the end, I took over indocarspotter's account on AG starting from 2020. My friend did really left AG after not being able to withstand the abuses thrown to him at a great quantity.

That explains why there were new spots in 2020 from the said account. Officially, I just come back to AG, using his account. Wish me luck that I could stay as long as possible, again.
Last modified by FastMojo2, 13 January 2020, 03:24

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
FastMojo2, 13 January 2020, 03:22
And another.

It seems that AG members were not friendly/merciful with new spotters on the site. Because I had also tried to talk to a fellow Indonesian car spotter in the site (fadhilrr). He told me that he kept having his spots removed, leaving him only 4 spots for now, with 3 of them definitely in danger.

When I see his spots, I can see what he did wrong. Some of his spots don't have any rear shots (unlike mine), some of his spots had blurred plates (which you know, unblurred plates were mandatory in every spots now on AG no matter what) and some of them were definitely not acceptable (which had been removed). Since he's fairly a new member on the site, I think the admins should give him some mercy, however, the admins on AG didn't.

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
damianea103v3, 16 January 2020, 01:12
FastMojo2 wrote:
(which you know, unblurred plates were mandatory in every spots now on AG no matter what)

But... unblurred plates are not mandatory on AG. Did you and the other spotter ever bother to read the site rules? And i mean ever?

From the AG upload rules:
"License plate: When the owner does not want the registration plate of his car visible on Autogespot, you can upload the spot without the registration plate. A copy of the photo with the license plate visible needs to be send to feedback@autogespot.com!"

I have uploaded a couple spots now with blurred/removed license plates, never had a single problem because i sent the email to feedback@autogespot,com every time i would upload one of these spots with a single photo that had the plate visible.

damianea103v3
from PoznaƄ, Poland
FastMojo2, 16 January 2020, 03:06
damianea103v3 wrote:
FastMojo2 wrote:
(which you know, unblurred plates were mandatory in every spots now on AG no matter what)

But... unblurred plates are not mandatory on AG. Did you and the other spotter ever bother to read the site rules? And i mean ever?

From the AG upload rules:
"License plate: When the owner does not want the registration plate of his car visible on Autogespot, you can upload the spot without the registration plate. A copy of the photo with the license plate visible needs to be send to feedback@autogespot.com!"

I have uploaded a couple spots now with blurred/removed license plates, never had a single problem because i sent the email to feedback@autogespot,com every time i would upload one of these spots with a single photo that had the plate visible.

Well, lucky for you.

Yes, the rules were still written as is, but good luck. I actually used to attempt uploading spots without license plates (just like what you did) in the past, however, this attempt just only kept giving me unfortunate things. My spots kept getting removed when I do so, every single time I upload any spots without license plates.

For me, I had got traumatized with that incident and I will never repeat that again. For yourself, it's up to you. I just only can say, good luck.

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
DCsks, 02 March 2020, 16:30
Much useful info. I didn't pay attention to AG recently. Thanks that you keep it updated.

DCsks
Held, 02 March 2020, 18:48
You know, every car can be improved. Real men know how to do it and how to work using their own hands. To be honest, I could never work with angle grinder Ryobi P421 6500 RPM 4 and I still don't even know what to do with it but I hope, I will learn it in a few months. If you are like me, I wish you to learn it as well.

Held
from Boston, Massachusetts
Mtweedel13, 03 March 2020, 00:31
Held wrote:
You know, every car can be improved. Real men know how to do it and how to work using their own hands. To be honest, I could never work with angle grinder Ryobi P421 6500 RPM 4 and I still don't even know what to do with it but I hope, I will learn it in a few months. If you are like me, I wish you to learn it as well.

Well at least they're using real people who can actually use proper segues now
Last modified by Mtweedel13, 03 March 2020, 00:31

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
Lamb0Central, 20 March 2020, 00:15
Mtweedel13 wrote:
Held wrote:

Well at least they're using real people who can actually use proper segues now

lol

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
MotorVillage, 27 April 2020, 19:06
So i am also dont with this site

user was Shadowphotography and contributed on site starts 2012. Their mentality and other new moderators what are not old users are somekind of powertrip. i finally got ebough after my spots from dubai got deleted where just a small part of the side was blurry - flaged ass blurry. or they didnt like the car. So i send them a angry letter to deete all my spots from AG, Instagram(ag account) and from Facebook.

At first they started to say that they have rightsm but mentioning i dont have a account and i can proceed to the court to let something bad to happen with them. deleted instanly

secondly the views and all other because of the premium is all went downhill fast with this site. to reach 9.5 mln views to 10mln vies took 4, almost 5 months where before u got esily around 300 views per spot day normally.

I seriously hope they burn soon badly with this site thanks all of this Creedy pehaviour.

also have thinking of creating alternative website to seriousy beat them dorn :D

MotorVillage
from Estonia
FastMojo2, 04 October 2020, 07:38
I might be considered reviving/bumping an old thread, but sadly, this is the truth regarding AG now.

Sadly, the site now kept going downhill.

First, you got those extremely 'silly' strict rules of the site. We're talking about all spotting rules. Even something like privacy was not allowed, while every other sites does allow you to upload any spot with blurred/censored license plates, AG does not allow that at all now.

Second, the site's sensitiveness. The people there was very sensitive and will easily get triggered upon someone making a single mistake, even minor ones. Even a single mistake could cause a drama. Not only the offending spots get removed, the spotter was also given demerit/offensive points, and upon scoring many of those points, the spotter is permanently banned from the site.

Third, society in there is literally ruined and most people on the site. Most of the members on AG were never showing any sort of mercy at all and was aggressive at most times. Only a few people I meet there were in fact, friendly, others were not. And even from what I heard, the forum in there is killed off thanks to the aggressiveness. Meaning that the forum is literally dead.

Fourth, gaining views were far more difficult on AG rather than anything else. Easily seen thanks to all 3 factors above combined.

Now combine all of these and you got a very bad time in the car spotting world.

I won't be surprised if AG was someday killed off.

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
MonroeCountyCars, 16 January 2021, 17:25
It's not really trash but its definitely a less convenient site. The high quality photos are nice, but what I prefer about exoticspotter is the site is nice and easy to navigate.
Last modified by MonroeCountyCars, 10 April 2021, 22:33

MonroeCountyCars
from Bloomington, Indiana
Exoticsont, 16 January 2021, 18:10
The main reason I prefer ES over AG is it takes so long to upload a photo to AG you also need the plate number and stuff like that. ES takes less then 5 mins to upload a photo and you don't need stuff like the plate number that no body cares about. Also on AG you have to pay to see more photos of a spot. ES only has one photo which makes you chose the best one. Also I find ES way easier to navigate. The only downside to ES is that it is a Not secure website.

Exoticsont
from Calgary , Canada
Post a reply