Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
cargame_parker, 09 February 2015, 18:11
Me and the padre were talking about cheap used cars to buy and fix up. We discussed the Audi TT, BMW Z3 and Porsche Boxster. My dad, however, won't drive any of those because he says they are feminine. I somewhat see what he is saying but I dont "see" it. Do you guys think of certain cars feminine or masculine?

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
Penguins22, 09 February 2015, 18:16
White cars unless it's a sports car imo

Penguins22
Diablo_SV, 09 February 2015, 18:21
I also associate Z4s, TTs, Boxsters, etc. as being feminine. Idk why but I just do.
Last modified by Diablo_SV, 10 February 2015, 00:22

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
DjShift, 09 February 2015, 18:25
And most Subarus and the Cadillac SRX.

Also (not to offend anyone) but the Miata has two uses; I see it as either a feminine car or a training Lotus. Depends on the driver, color, mods, and how it's used.

Prime examples (i think you know which is which):

[http://media.ed.edmunds-media.com/mazda/mx-5-miata/1993/oem/1993_mazda_mx-5-miata_convertible_base_fq_oem_1_500.jpg]

[http://hdwallpaperia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Mazda-Miata-Mx-5-Road.jpg]

[http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Mazda-MX-5-Miata.jpg]
Last modified by DjShift, 10 February 2015, 00:30

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
eptyo, 09 February 2015, 19:05
i don't particularly understand why people make such a big deal about what kind of image their car has. people should just be able to drive their own car and be proud of it without having others label them.

eptyo
Lamborarri, 09 February 2015, 19:18
Masculine: Dodge Challenger, Porsche 911, Ford F-150

Feminine: VW Beetle, Mini Cooper, Fiat 500

Lamborarri
from Illinois
williamparish, 09 February 2015, 19:31
I think there are cars that have an image of being vehicles women typical drive, but that doesn't make it wrong for a man to drive them and allot of them are really cool.

williamparish
from North Carolina
nyexphotography, 09 February 2015, 19:54
The Z3 is a girls car if you ask me, the Boxster goes either way. I know someone with a Boxster, but her husband drives a McLaren.
Last modified by nyexphotography, 10 February 2015, 01:55

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
cargame_parker, 09 February 2015, 20:06
eptyo wrote:
i don't particularly understand why people make such a big deal about what kind of image their car has. people should just be able to drive their own car and be proud of it without having others label them.

Quote of the day

cargame_parker
cargame_parker, 09 February 2015, 20:07
nyexphotography wrote:
The Z3 is a girls car if you ask me, the Boxster goes either way. I know someone with a Boxster, but her husband drives a McLaren.

Women who drive "masculine" cars are amazing.

cargame_parker
nyexphotography, 09 February 2015, 20:32
cargame_parker wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:

Daily Drives a Cayenne Turbo, count that masculine if you want.

nyexphotography
williamparish, 09 February 2015, 20:44
nyexphotography wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:

Thats the thing. Everyone's opinion is different. When I think Cayenne I think of a female driver.

williamparish
from North Carolina
nyexphotography, 09 February 2015, 21:37
williamparish wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:

Thats the thing. Everyone's opinion is different. When I think Cayenne I think of a female driver.

The S and the base are girly cars if you ask me.

nyexphotography
r8lover, 09 February 2015, 22:20
cargame_parker wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:

I've never understood the interest with women driving cars like that (supercars, expensive cars, "masculine" cars, etc). Can they not enjoy it? Or is it something that is just such an oddity that it needs to be glorified when it happens? Like seriously what is the big deal with that. Even when people add the comment "woman driver" after posting an exotic I genuinely don't get why that's important.

Guys can drive the more feminine sort of cars, and girls can drive the more masculine sort of cars. It doesn't make any difference either way what gender is in what sort of car, as it is all a matter of personal opinion anyway. The majority of drivers for a car may be male or female, but I can't really see that making the car entirely masculine or feminine.
Last modified by r8lover, 10 February 2015, 04:23
Deleted account
beckerman, 09 February 2015, 22:20
eptyo wrote:

YAS! You should listen to this guy. Cars may "SEEM" masculine and/or feminine but that doesn't mean that they are.

beckerman
from Hoyt, Kansas
Post a reply