Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
CTspotter458, 09 October 2013, 18:42
Rivitography wrote:
andrewo wrote:
Rivitography wrote:
Cal wrote:
Why do so many people want an "exotic" for their first car.

Why not just get a normal car like a Focus, Fiesta or Golf. Surely insurance would be insane as well. Just my opinion.

Because I have been harassed at school for 9 years, and if I could get a Bentley, I could have everybody just stare in awe at what I have, and I could say to all the people who harassed me over the years "If you little pieces of cr*p didn't mess with me, you could have had that car, and ended up like me". I would gain respect from everybody for the rest of my high school years.

That is the stupidest reason ever and they would just make fun of you more for driving a piece of junk old Bentley.

Hey, I don't think it's a piece of junk, I think it's beautiful. I just don't know why, something strikes me about it that I can't put my finger on. And I am already considering buying a 1994 Ford Mustang Convertible instead. It is cheaper and more reliable.

or rice a car

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 18:43
CTspotter458 wrote:
Rivitography wrote:
andrewo wrote:
Rivitography wrote:
Cal wrote:

Why not just get a normal car like a Focus, Fiesta or Golf. Surely insurance would be insane as well. Just my opinion.

Because I have been harassed at school for 9 years, and if I could get a Bentley, I could have everybody just stare in awe at what I have, and I could say to all the people who harassed me over the years "If you little pieces of cr*p didn't mess with me, you could have had that car, and ended up like me". I would gain respect from everybody for the rest of my high school years.

That is the stupidest reason ever and they would just make fun of you more for driving a piece of junk old Bentley.

Hey, I don't think it's a piece of junk, I think it's beautiful. I just don't know why, something strikes me about it that I can't put my finger on. And I am already considering buying a 1994 Ford Mustang Convertible instead. It is cheaper and more reliable.

or rice a car

NO

Rivitography
from New York
wtfsia69, 09 October 2013, 18:48
Rivitography wrote:
wtfsia69 wrote:
Good luck trying to get a PAYING job at Miller Motorcars, and if you really think you'll be making that amount at that age then you're still too young and naive to own/drive a sports/exotic car. Also I don't understand your rational, the only reason you want to own a nice car is so you can show off and look down on other people? Is that your perspective on life? Oh I drive a better car then you, hence I'm better then you. And if girls only go out with you on dates because of your car then they're not worth your time. I know it sucks to get picked on at school and all that cr*p, but you have to change your character in order to get out of the cycle, you don't want to make friends through your car, you want friends who want to be your friend purely on who you are, not what you drive.

You still have some years to mature and hopefully by the time you get your license you'll understand what everyone on this site is trying to tell you. We don't hate you, you just have to learn to develop your character. I wish you all the best with you endeavors.

Well I don't want my car looking like cr*p compared to all the other high-schoolers getting used Bimmers either.

Don't be so paranoid on how you look, I know this will sound gay and sh*t, but first you got to work on your inner character, I know a guy in my school who drives an brand new Audi S4 to school, and even that people still don't like him, purely because he's a prick, it goes to show that your car doesn't prove anything, it all comes down to your characteristic.

wtfsia69
FanOfSuperCars, 09 October 2013, 18:50
Rivitography wrote:
Cal wrote:

Yeah if you think an 80's or 90's Bentley will help with that, it wont. Just get a normal car and I know they are not reliable because I seen more then 1 stalled and one getting towed away. And they probably wont care about a bentley if they know what that car is because its quite cheap.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 09 October 2013, 22:52

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
drenzo, 09 October 2013, 18:51
Rivitography wrote:

1. Alright, so much for a cool car...
2. My mom actually took me there when we found out about the black Enzo that idiot posted. My mom talked to one of the mechanics there, and he said that I would be a perfect fit for a job there. He saw how much I loved cars when I showed him all the photos I took.
3. Would a 1990s Mustang be good enough, or no?

1. Bentley Turbo R is not cool in 2013, I don't class a $10,000 car as exotic, its a old mans car not for a 16 year old, a money pit, and I live 20 miles from the Bentley factory. I am surprised they are classed as exotic on this site TBH.
2. Maybe the mechanic fancied your mother, so he said such nice things, and what mechanics are paid $110 per hour, certainly not any in my local Ferrari dealer?
3. Anything is better than a 23 year old Bentley for your first car, even a Mustang.

As for getting a car to piss people off you went to school with...Really??? Do you think a 23 year old smoker will impress them, or this will make you more popular?

Seriously if I saw a 16 year driving that car (you are young enough to be my son) I would think.

1. It's the car valet taking it for a wash.
2. It's the mechanic taking it for a MOT.
3. Some is joyriding there granddads car.

I would not think, there is car connoisseur, or a successful young businessman.

Get a Golf.
Deleted account
FanOfSuperCars, 09 October 2013, 18:51
drenzo wrote:
Chloe wrote:
Rivitography wrote:
What's wrong with the quality?

It's a British car build in the 80's.

Did anyone build reliable cars in the 80's?

Yep. The cars that were not meant to drive.

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
r8lover, 09 October 2013, 19:05
I actually have come up with a better question that I'm surprised no one has asked yet. Why are you bothering to care so much about this now? You're fourteen, you have over a year before you should even really be caring a lot about it.
Deleted account
CTspotter458, 09 October 2013, 19:10
r8lover wrote:
I actually have come up with a better question that I'm surprised no one has asked yet. Why are you bothering to care so much about this now? You're fourteen, you have over a year before you should even really be caring a lot about it.

ive been looking for my first car since i was 11

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
sumosloths, 09 October 2013, 20:32
CTspotter458 wrote:
r8lover wrote:

ive been looking for my first car since i was 11

Lol same here. But I wasn't really serious about it until now.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
c-osu7, 09 October 2013, 21:04
Rivitography wrote:
cartmen220 wrote:
@ Everyone talking about purchasing an exotic car or an old sports car..you don't want one. These cars are great if you're a collector or something but if you're a student or you need it to get to work everyday, forget it, they just won't do as daily drivers. It's like falling in love with a stripper. You want to love her and take care of her and see her every time you leave home but then at the end of the day, she just isn't reliable. You'll dump tons of money into the relationship only to have her walk out (in the cars case, die or sell to cut your losses) when she finds a richer dude.

Just get a nice japanese car or a cheap VW or something.

That's one way to put it, lol. And no, I am not buying something made in Japan. Maybe with the $8,000 I will be making every week, I could afford to buy a second car like a Chevy, or something American.

How the heck are you making 8K a week!?!?!??!?!?!

c-osu7
from Ohio
DjShift, 09 October 2013, 21:15
Wait, it's illegal for a dealership to even hire anyone under 18. Lol. I just rememberred that because i'm aiming for my first job to be at a dealership. And they wont hire you as a mechanic untill 21 here.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
wtfsia69, 09 October 2013, 21:33
c-osu7 wrote:
Rivitography wrote:
cartmen220 wrote:
@ Everyone talking about purchasing an exotic car or an old sports car..you don't want one. These cars are great if you're a collector or something but if you're a student or you need it to get to work everyday, forget it, they just won't do as daily drivers. It's like falling in love with a stripper. You want to love her and take care of her and see her every time you leave home but then at the end of the day, she just isn't reliable. You'll dump tons of money into the relationship only to have her walk out (in the cars case, die or sell to cut your losses) when she finds a richer dude.

Just get a nice japanese car or a cheap VW or something.

That's one way to put it, lol. And no, I am not buying something made in Japan. Maybe with the $8,000 I will be making every week, I could afford to buy a second car like a Chevy, or something American.

It's possible for high end dealership technicians to earn that money, I know a guy who worked with Mercedes Benz his whole life and has progress through each step and now he drives a S65 AMG and his wife has a GL450, but for a fresh out of school kid, with zero work experience, no chance at all.

wtfsia69
r8lover, 09 October 2013, 21:55
c-osu7 wrote:

He's not.
Deleted account
lemurking13, 10 October 2013, 00:10
You guys are all being to materialistic..having a nice car isnt about being better then other or even comparing to others..it should be about having a passion and loving that car to death..I drove a 1987 mazda B2000 all through hs...Piece of junk truck but i can tell you what..I had the most fun ive ever had in that thing, had amazing memories with it, drifting around in the snow and dirt in a little 5 speed pickup. the older cars build character and make memories, if you are a true "car" enthusiast get something that will make you happy and give you fun times, being a car enthusiast isnt about looking good or being better, Its all about love for your car [http://i.imgur.com/5N0HQ82.jpg]

lemurking13
from Yarmouth, Maine
W16, 10 October 2013, 00:41
Rivitography wrote:
W16 wrote:
Late to the party (I guess, this kinda blew up). Don't get an exotic as your only car, no matter what age you are. One problem and you're stuck with no transportation. Also, don't ever EXPECT to get a certain job. It's such an unsure world out here. I'm a college student with connections and would love to have a job at a dealership but I don't.

What job do you have then?

Read: I'm in college. That's my job. I'm three hours away from where I actually live and don't have time to work any job.

W16
from Pennsylvania
Post a reply