Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
cartmen220, 09 October 2013, 16:07
Rivitography wrote:

That's one way to put it, lol. And no, I am not buying something made in Japan. Maybe with the $8,000 I will be making every week, I could afford to buy a second car like a Chevy, or something American.

$8k a week? When? In 20 years? Yeah, I'll be making $8k/week too, plus a bonus of $500k every year. We can all dream but in the real world, you can't rely on that.

Chloe wrote:
You can always lock her in your basement. Then she'll be all yours.

Lol

cartmen220
from New Jersey
CTspotter458, 09 October 2013, 16:07
Link Title Here
Link Title Here
Link Title Here
Last modified by CTspotter458, 09 October 2013, 20:11

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 16:13
cartmen220 wrote:
Rivitography wrote:

That's one way to put it, lol. And no, I am not buying something made in Japan. Maybe with the $8,000 I will be making every week, I could afford to buy a second car like a Chevy, or something American.

$8k a week? When? In 20 years? Yeah, I'll be making $8k/week too, plus a bonus of $500k every year. We can all dream but in the real world, you can't rely on that.

Chloe wrote:
You can always lock her in your basement. Then she'll be all yours.

Lol

As a matter of fact, cart, my uncle's friend makes that kind of money with the same job I want to get.

Rivitography
from New York
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 16:14

Honestly, I would take the 911 Turbo. It's better looking.

Rivitography
from New York
CTspotter458, 09 October 2013, 16:14
Rivitography wrote:
cartmen220 wrote:
@ Everyone talking about purchasing an exotic car or an old sports car..you don't want one. These cars are great if you're a collector or something but if you're a student or you need it to get to work everyday, forget it, they just won't do as daily drivers. It's like falling in love with a stripper. You want to love her and take care of her and see her every time you leave home but then at the end of the day, she just isn't reliable. You'll dump tons of money into the relationship only to have her walk out (in the cars case, die or sell to cut your losses) when she finds a richer dude.

Just get a nice japanese car or a cheap VW or something.

btw 8,000 dollars a week means working 72 hrs a week

a usual 40 hr workweek would be more along the lines of 4,400

CTspotter458
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 16:17
CTspotter458 wrote:
Rivitography wrote:
cartmen220 wrote:
@ Everyone talking about purchasing an exotic car or an old sports car..you don't want one. These cars are great if you're a collector or something but if you're a student or you need it to get to work everyday, forget it, they just won't do as daily drivers. It's like falling in love with a stripper. You want to love her and take care of her and see her every time you leave home but then at the end of the day, she just isn't reliable. You'll dump tons of money into the relationship only to have her walk out (in the cars case, die or sell to cut your losses) when she finds a richer dude.

Just get a nice japanese car or a cheap VW or something.

btw 8,000 dollars a week means working 72 hrs a week

a usual 40 hr workweek would be more along the lines of 4,400

Let's see

$110.00 for every hour I work

$110.00 x 8 hours (for an eight hour shift) = $880.00

$880.00 x 5 (for five days in a week)= ... $4,400

O_________________________________O

Rivitography
from New York
CTspotter458, 09 October 2013, 16:17
or this

Link Title Here
Link Title Here
Last modified by CTspotter458, 09 October 2013, 20:20

CTspotter458
cartmen220, 09 October 2013, 16:20
Jason, $800 a week or $8000? $8000 is MD at bulge bracket bank/surgeon money...that's half a million a year.
Last modified by cartmen220, 09 October 2013, 20:20

cartmen220
from New Jersey
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 16:22
cartmen220 wrote:
Jason, $800 a week or $8000? $8000 is MD at bulge bracket bank/surgeon money...that's half a million a year.

$4400.00 a week. That's probably not going to get me anywhere in life though...
Last modified by Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 20:23

Rivitography
from New York
DjShift, 09 October 2013, 16:23
Rivitography wrote:
I have been thinking about getting a mechanically sound Bentley Turbo R for under $10,000 when I turn 16 in two years and I ran into this one. What do you guys think?

I'm in the same position of wanting a Bentley or Rolls Royce as a first car so i asked Silvawraith about a few and he said to stay away from the dealership that one's being sold at. He told me the quality of what they sell looks good untill you see it in person. I recommend looking elsewhere.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
Xuhlikhul, 09 October 2013, 16:23
One of the most unreliable cars on the planet is the Bentley Turbo R. Unless your best friend is a mechanic, and will fix your carburetor for free, then I'd highly suggest choosing something else.

~Art
Deleted account
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 16:24
DjShift wrote:
Rivitography wrote:
I have been thinking about getting a mechanically sound Bentley Turbo R for under $10,000 when I turn 16 in two years and I ran into this one. What do you guys think?

I'm in the same position of wanting a Bentley or Rolls Royce as a first car so i asked Silvawraith about a few and he said to stay away from the dealership that one's being sold at. He told me the quality of what they sell looks good untill you see it in person. I recommend looking elsewhere.

What's wrong with the quality?

Rivitography
from New York
cartmen220, 09 October 2013, 16:27
Rivitography wrote:

Probably everything.

cartmen220
from New Jersey
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 16:29
cartmen220 wrote:
Rivitography wrote:

Probably everything.

Like it doesn't run? And also, if I am fixing up exotic cars, I would be able to fix it myself for free, and wouldn't have to go to a mechanic. Although, parts could be expensive...
Last modified by Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 20:30

Rivitography
from New York
Chloe, 09 October 2013, 16:30
Rivitography wrote:

It's a British car build in the 80's.
Deleted account
Post a reply