Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 15:41
I have been thinking about getting a mechanically sound Bentley Turbo R for under $10,000 when I turn 16 in two years and I ran into this one. What do you guys think?

Rivitography
from New York
AmosMPhotography, 09 October 2013, 15:43
It won't be mechanically sound for long. And the repair bills wil be massive!

AmosMPhotography
from United Kingdom
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 15:49
NorthUK00 wrote:
It won't be mechanically sound for long. And the repair bills wil be massive!

I was thinking about only driving it to school on nice spring or fall days, and during the summer, I would only save driving it for if I am going to a car show. That way, I can save gas. And also, if I get an internship at the Miller Motorcars Service Facility, and I get a job, I would be making $110 an hour. That way, I could pay for all of the repair costs.
Last modified by Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 19:51

Rivitography
from New York
MNmopar, 09 October 2013, 15:52
They are probably terribly unreliable and very expensive to repair/upkeep. Gas milage probably sucks, but unless you have a job that can financially support it (Most 16 year olds don't[or if you have VERY nice parents]) i would say no. It's a better car for when you are independent, older, and stable financially and more for a leisure car. IMO

MNmopar
from Apple Valley, Minnesota
Cal, 09 October 2013, 15:53
Why do so many people want an "exotic" for their first car.

Why not just get a normal car like a Focus, Fiesta or Golf. Surely insurance would be insane as well. Just my opinion.

Cal
from London, United Kingdom
cartmen220, 09 October 2013, 15:54
@ Everyone talking about purchasing an exotic car or an old sports car..you don't want one. These cars are great if you're a collector or something but if you're a student or you need it to get to work everyday, forget it, they just won't do as daily drivers. It's like falling in love with a stripper. You want to love her and take care of her and see her every time you leave home but then at the end of the day, she just isn't reliable. You'll dump tons of money into the relationship only to have her walk out (in the cars case, die or sell to cut your losses) when she finds a richer dude.

Just get a nice japanese car or a cheap VW or something.

cartmen220
from New Jersey
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 15:56
Cal wrote:

Why not just get a normal car like a Focus, Fiesta or Golf. Surely insurance would be insane as well. Just my opinion.

Because I have been harassed at school for 9 years, and if I could get a Bentley, I could have everybody just stare in awe at what I have, and I could say to all the people who harassed me over the years "If you little pieces of cr*p didn't mess with me, you could have had that car, and ended up like me". I would gain respect from everybody for the rest of my high school years.

Rivitography
from New York
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 15:57
cartmen220 wrote:
@ Everyone talking about purchasing an exotic car or an old sports car..you don't want one. These cars are great if you're a collector or something but if you're a student or you need it to get to work everyday, forget it, they just won't do as daily drivers. It's like falling in love with a stripper. You want to love her and take care of her and see her every time you leave home but then at the end of the day, she just isn't reliable. You'll dump tons of money into the relationship only to have her walk out (in the cars case, die or sell to cut your losses) when she finds a richer dude.

That's one way to put it, lol. And no, I am not buying something made in Japan. Maybe with the $8,000 I will be making every week, I could afford to buy a second car like a Chevy, or something American.
Last modified by Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 20:00

Rivitography
from New York
cartmen220, 09 October 2013, 15:58
Rivitography wrote:
Cal wrote:

Because I have been harassed at school for 9 years, and if I could get a Bentley, I could have everybody just stare in awe at what I have, and I could say to all the people who harassed me over the years "If you little pieces of cr*p didn't mess with me, you could have had that car, and ended up like me". I would gain respect from everybody for the rest of my high school years.

Yeah they'll be staring at you when you've broken down on the side of the road and they drive past..

cartmen220
from New Jersey
williamparish, 09 October 2013, 16:02
If its what you want go for it but I'd try and find something more reliable if you're using it for a DD.

williamparish
from North Carolina
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 16:02
cartmen220 wrote:
Rivitography wrote:
Cal wrote:

Yeah they'll be staring at you when you've broken down on the side of the road and they drive past..

And THAT'S why I'm going to make sure everything is in working order before taking it out. Like I said, I would only use it for certain days. For example: sunny days on Fridays, the school dance for picking up my date, and so on.

Rivitography
from New York
Chloe, 09 October 2013, 16:03
cartmen220 wrote:
It's like falling in love with a stripper. You want to love her and take care of her and see her every time you leave home but then at the end of the day, she just isn't reliable.

You can always lock her in your basement. Then she'll be all yours.
Deleted account
CTspotter458, 09 October 2013, 16:03
Rivitography wrote:
cartmen220 wrote:

That's one way to put it, lol. And no, I am not buying something made in Japan. Maybe with the $8,000 I will be making every week, I could afford to buy a second car like a Chevy, or something American.

If you are making 8000 a week, then just save up and get a nicer car, like an Audi or something

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
Chloe, 09 October 2013, 16:04
But really, this doesn't make any sense, you'll realize it in the future.
Deleted account
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 16:05
Chloe wrote:
cartmen220 wrote:
It's like falling in love with a stripper. You want to love her and take care of her and see her every time you leave home but then at the end of the day, she just isn't reliable.

You can always lock her in your basement. Then she'll be all yours.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Rivitography
from New York
Post a reply