Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Adam M, 22 August 2017, 09:19
I have been hit by numerous cars whilst spotting. Worst breaking my elbow, driver drove off in that case. It was only for a fricking 991 Cab :(

Adam M
from Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
DjShift, 23 August 2017, 02:23
Adam M wrote:
I have been hit by numerous cars whilst spotting. Worst breaking my elbow, driver drove off in that case. It was only for a fricking 991 Cab :(

I was hit by a Ford Flex taking photos of the yellow Prowler on my account. Didn't hurt me but pushed me forward a bit as he brushed me with mirror

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
sumosloths, 23 August 2017, 03:39
Idk if it counts but I was at the Ferrari dealer one night and I was going through my photos while walking through a glass door but I accidentally went straight into the window next to it and hurt my nose pretty bad.

I've also gotten caught in places I wasn't supposed to be, so I've had to play dumb a lot of times.

Also just sprinting after cars like an idiot and getting the occasional heckler.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
waddle2gracious, 23 August 2017, 05:55
sumosloths wrote:
Idk if it counts but I was at the Ferrari dealer one night and I was going through my photos while walking through a glass door but I accidentally went straight into the window next to it and hurt my nose pretty bad.

Lol I love that one

Did you hit your camera or lens on the glass too?
Last modified by waddle2gracious, 23 August 2017, 05:56

waddle2gracious
from Florida
sumosloths, 23 August 2017, 19:27
waddle2gracious wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

Lol I love that one

Just the edge of my polarizer, it was fine.

sumosloths
Mustang7, 23 August 2017, 20:09
sumosloths wrote:
Also just sprinting after cars like an idiot.

I've done that too, but it's worth it.

Mustang7
from Pennsylvania
bullchaser, 24 August 2017, 14:09
waddle2gracious wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

Lol I love that one

That's really funny. :D

I've run after cars only to find it was a "red" Corvette...
Or take a picture of a car while driving only to have another driver in another car glare at you... I've had that happen more than once.

bullchaser
from Illinois
sumosloths, 24 August 2017, 16:54
bullchaser wrote:
Or take a picture of a car while driving only to have another driver in another car glare at you... I've had that happen more than once.

Haha I used to do that. I'd be at a red light and someone would honk because I didn't see it turn green.

sumosloths
DjShift, 28 August 2017, 10:08
bullchaser wrote:

Or the person in the car you're trying to get a photo of while driving glare at you because they're now afraid you might crash into them.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
pdkcars, 28 August 2017, 21:21
Not sure if really embarrassing but the dealer had a GTC4Lusso in a few weeks ago and I went to get some pictures. So I go in and see it and this snobby looking guy and his daughter get in the way and he glances at me a couple of times as if I was bothering him. Meanwhile the dealers had no problem with me getting pictures but this guy took his time knowing I was trying to get pictures and I was losing my patience. Not to mention my lens kept having focusing issues so I gave up and left. I'll wait to spot one instead.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
FastMojo2, 18 October 2017, 13:59
A security guard that used to guard these cars below shows the 'say cheese' posture when I try to get pictures of the cars xD (knowing I'm going to take a picture of him).

[http://www.exoticspotter.com/images/225/224677.jpg]
[http://www.exoticspotter.com/images/225/224659.jpg]

Then he realized I just want to take pictures of the cars. LOL.

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
bullchaser, 27 February 2018, 21:38
I looked back at all of the comments and had a good laugh. :)

Another embarrassing thing is when I'm out with my friends, and I see what I "think" is a Ferrari or Lamborghini, I get all excited and then it's just a Corvette, and they all look at me like I'm crazy.

bullchaser
from Illinois
Georgiaspotter, 28 February 2018, 01:22
bullchaser wrote:
I looked back at all of the comments and had a good laugh. :)

Another embarrassing thing is when I'm out with my friends, and I see what I "think" is a Ferrari or Lamborghini, I get all excited and then it's just a Corvette, and they all look at me like I'm crazy.

I always do that. I saw a Red Corvette C7 behind another car and I thought it was a Ferrari 458 and I got all excited and then I was like "Oh, never mind"
Last modified by Georgiaspotter, 28 February 2018, 01:23

Georgiaspotter
from Tucker, Georgia
FanOfSuperCars, 28 February 2018, 01:23
Mustang7 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
Also just sprinting after cars like an idiot.

I've done that too, but it's worth it.

Exercise!

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
Leaf_Soto, 28 February 2018, 15:27
When I was in Dodge the last time and saw the LC500 and was like "OOOH TURN AROUND I GOTTA SEE THAT!"

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
Post a reply