Yeah, forgot the word

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
Maryland_Cars, 05 July 2017, 22:46
IMG_1854.JPG

Maryland_Cars
from Kent Island, Maryland
Lamborarri, 19 July 2017, 21:22
The whole car isn't in the shot, but as I was crossing the US border back from Canada I got a picture of a Bentley Bentayga in line to go through customs. Not expecting it to be featured at all, but can I post it since there are never spots of cars going between countries?

Lamborarri
from Illinois
Mustang7, 23 July 2017, 17:25
Lamborarri wrote:
The whole car isn't in the shot, but as I was crossing the US border back from Canada I got a picture of a Bentley Bentayga in line to go through customs. Not expecting it to be featured at all, but can I post it since there are never spots of cars going between countries?

I'd say yes

Mustang7
from Pennsylvania
dandude999, 23 July 2017, 20:43
Lamborarri wrote:

I would also say yes.

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
FanOfSuperCars, 23 July 2017, 22:35
Lamborarri wrote:

I would say it depends on how much of the car isnt in the shot and how good the shot is.

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
Maryland_Cars, 28 July 2017, 23:48
Quick question: Is a Datsun 240z nice enough to post??? Because I spotted one about a week ago and then the next day I saw another but in a different color...

Maryland_Cars
Mazdafreak, 29 July 2017, 00:45
Maryland_Cars wrote:
Quick question: Is a Datsun 240z nice enough to post??? Because I spotted one about a week ago and then the next day I saw another but in a different color...

Cool car, but definitely not anywhere close to being exotic enough to post.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Maryland_Cars, 29 July 2017, 12:18
Ok, Thanks!!!

Maryland_Cars
Mustang7, 30 July 2017, 12:43
I got a far away picture of a 650s spider, you can barely tell its a 650s, but its very rare for my area.

Mustang7
from Pennsylvania
GTRJacko, 06 August 2017, 14:02
Hey guys, so i just uploaded this rather nice M6 Gran Coupe, in a very rare (and somewhat exotic) colour, Oxford Green, and the spot was rejected.

[http://imgur.com/VzVAxII.jpg]

Is this site no longer accepting M6 Gran Coupes? If so, why has the site not deleted any of the other spots of M6's? Why was my spot of a much older M5 Touring which i uploaded a week ago, accepted? There just seems to be a lack of consistency here. In my opinion, this spot is far more 'exotic' than a Bentley Bentayga or Maserati Levante, which have all been accepted as of recently.
Last modified by GTRJacko, 06 August 2017, 14:04

GTRJacko
from York, United Kingdom
Mtweedel13, 06 August 2017, 22:09
While waiting for cars to leave at Cars and Coffee yesterday, I got shots of 2 Acura NSXs (one old, one new) and a Maserati Ghibli that weren't part of the show, and were just passing by. However, the shots look like the cars are leaving because the crowd is behind them. Would these be okay, or too controversial to post?

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
waddle2gracious, 08 August 2017, 03:23
GTRJacko wrote:
Hey guys, so i just uploaded this rather nice M6 Gran Coupe, in a very rare (and somewhat exotic) colour, Oxford Green, and the spot was rejected.

Is this site no longer accepting M6 Gran Coupes? If so, why has the site not deleted any of the other spots of M6's? Why was my spot of a much older M5 Touring which i uploaded a week ago, accepted? There just seems to be a lack of consistency here. In my opinion, this spot is far more 'exotic' than a Bentley Bentayga or Maserati Levante, which have all been accepted as of recently.

For me, the M6 gran coupe is too common near me for me to consider it exotic. I see a lot more M6 gran coupes in my travels compared to Bentaygas or Levantes (maybe see 4-6 gran coupes per Bentayga or Levante).

But, at the same time, I'm surprised it was rejected, as I see wayyyy more Ghiblis than M6 gran coupes (maybe 1 gran coupe per 10 Ghiblis). And, as far as I'm aware, Ghibli sedans are still accepted.
Last modified by waddle2gracious, 08 August 2017, 03:23

waddle2gracious
from Florida
hyoung90, 08 August 2017, 14:53
waddle2gracious wrote:
GTRJacko wrote:

For me, the M6 gran coupe is too common near me for me to consider it exotic. I see a lot more M6 gran coupes in my travels compared to Bentaygas or Levantes (maybe see 4-6 gran coupes per Bentayga or Levante).

But, at the same time, I'm surprised it was rejected, as I see wayyyy more Ghiblis than M6 gran coupes (maybe 1 gran coupe per 10 Ghiblis). And, as far as I'm aware, Ghibli sedans are still accepted.

If this isn't accepted then I don't see why Ghiblis, Quattroportes, or even Continentals are accepted. These can rack up quite a hefty price tag plus at least for me, aren't as rare. Dallas has quite a good amount of them but compared to Ghiblis and the likes, are by far less common. I can't stress how much I dislike Ghiblis.

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
GTRJacko, 08 August 2017, 16:05
hyoung90 wrote:
waddle2gracious wrote:

If this isn't accepted then I don't see why Ghiblis, Quattroportes, or even Continentals are accepted. These can rack up quite a hefty price tag plus at least for me, aren't as rare. Dallas has quite a good amount of them but compared to Ghiblis and the likes, are by far less common. I can't stress how much I dislike Ghiblis.[/quote]

The only reason why i thought that i'd upload the M6, was because of the rather uncommon colour, it's the first proper BMW M-car i have seen in that colour, so thought it was special enough to upload, which obviously turned out not to be the case. Otherwise, i wouldn't bother uploading an M6 here, unless it was really special (i.e. interesting colour, tuning etc.). I'm a little bit disappointed, but it won't stop me uploading more of my spots from Germany. Since the Bentayga has come out, I've seen more of them than M6's to be honest (The British love to own large and expensive SUV's it seems, particularly in my area).

A simple drive around my area, and i will see about 5-6 Ghiblis on some days, so i genuinely don't bother photographing them, unless they are in a great specification, and even then, i wouldn't think of uploading it here. Many Ghiblis are sold in Diesel-specification in the UK, which is perfect for use as 'company' cars (tax-breaks from registering it as a company car etc.). I understand the appeal of owning a Maserati, even if it's a diesel model, because the British public tend to be 'badge snobs', but i can think of so many better cars to spend your money on, which are more reliable, better built, somewhat faster and even more economical.

GTRJacko
from York, United Kingdom
Post a reply