Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
HAWPhotography, 03 July 2015, 23:45
I think that a way to solve this whole problem, is when someone posts a photo, you type in the model, and don't select it off of a list
Deleted account
FanOfSuperCars, 04 July 2015, 00:59
HAWolf33 wrote:
I think that a way to solve this whole problem, is when someone posts a photo, you type in the model, and don't select it off of a list

That wouldn't solve the wrong category problem, because people could easily type in the wrong model or mispell it.

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
sumosloths, 04 July 2015, 06:01
Lamborarri wrote:
I think the SA Aperta could use one, but that's it from that list. If the SA Aperta was a coupe like the GT0/GTB, I would agree and say it can go under GTO. But the SA Aperta is an open-top version of the car, the only open-top 599 ever. I think this is a case in which we could use a new category as the body style is different.

I put it in the GTO category because it technically is a convertible GTO.

Also, it's not quite the only open-top 599 ever ;)

[http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzlc0g2X9W1qb815co1_500.jpg]
Last modified by sumosloths, 04 July 2015, 06:03

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Eeti, 04 July 2015, 13:32
HAWolf33 wrote:

This is how it is in Autogespot, and it works pretty well.

FanOfSuperCars wrote:
That wouldn't solve the wrong category problem, because people could easily type in the wrong model or mispell it.

This isn't a problem if you have active mods who fix the misspellings.
Deleted account
maxim380, 04 July 2015, 19:26
Eeti wrote:
HAWolf33 wrote:

Although, when you type the name, you still have to select one of the suggestions of the list. So they still have a list, it's just a list with a lot more cars.

Lamborarri wrote:
I think the SA Aperta could use one, but that's it from that list. If the SA Aperta was a coupe like the GT0/GTB, I would agree and say it can go under GTO. But the SA Aperta is an open-top version of the car, the only open-top 599 ever. I think this is a case in which we could use a new category as the body style is different.

This also goes for the Ferrari Superamerica.

maxim380
from Netherlands
Lamborarri, 04 July 2015, 20:07
sumosloths wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:

I put it in the GTO category because it technically is a convertible GTO.

Also, it's not quite the only open-top 599 ever ;)

[http://41.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzlc0g2X9W1qb815co1_500.jpg]

That's a one-off, meaning it would not get spotted enough to have its own category.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
Mustang1, 05 July 2015, 03:39
maxim380 wrote:
Eeti wrote:
HAWolf33 wrote:

Although, when you type the name, you still have to select one of the suggestions of the list. So they still have a list, it's just a list with a lot more cars.

Lamborarri wrote:

This also goes for the Ferrari Superamerica.

and the 550 barchetta

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
cargame_parker, 05 July 2015, 15:40
Bentley Continental Flying Spur and Flying Spur

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
r8lover, 05 July 2015, 17:54
cargame_parker wrote:

Those fit well enough in the Continental category.
Deleted account
Mustang1, 05 July 2015, 21:53
r8lover wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

no they don't
I think just a flying spur category would work but I tur continental is a 2 door
a flying spur is a 4 door

Mustang1
Diablo_SV, 05 July 2015, 22:18
Mustang1 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

no they don't
I think just a flying spur category would work but I tur continental is a 2 door

A flying spur is a continental...

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
r8lover, 05 July 2015, 22:55
Mustang1 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

no they don't

The last generation Flying Spur was actually badged as a Continental. Though the current generation doesn't receive the name, it is still in essence a Continental.
Deleted account
FanOfSuperCars, 09 July 2015, 03:42
lamboman505 wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:
heres some of mine
amg gts
f type
any 63 amg
m3\m4
f430 scud
speciale
challenge stradale
any others that the mods need to put a category up for or any ones u think that I think should that u think shouldn't

Agree on the AMG GT, 430 Scuderia, 458 Speciale, and 360 Challenge Stradale. The Mercedes definitely needs a new category as it's a completely different model than the SLS, and the Scud, Speciale, and CS are a good bit rarer than the standard models, and I don't think there would be too many problems with people posting them in the wrong categories and whatnot. On the fence about the F-Type...in a technical sense it is a competitor to the 911, and the 911 has a category of its own. I think the others might be a bit too common for ES but that's just my two cents.

I see way more 911s than f-types.

Me too, I see so many more 911s then I see F-Types, but I don't think I'd consider either exotic. (Though some 911s can pass as exotic.)

And for AMG GT/GTS.. The thing is exotic or not, they'll keep getting posted in SLS so there should be a category for them. Also for the 360 CS I don't think they need a category, but maybe the mods could feature them.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 09 July 2015, 03:43

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
hyoung90, 09 July 2015, 04:07
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
lamboman505 wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:
heres some of mine
amg gts
f type
any 63 amg
m3\m4
f430 scud
speciale
challenge stradale
any others that the mods need to put a category up for or any ones u think that I think should that u think shouldn't

Agree on the AMG GT, 430 Scuderia, 458 Speciale, and 360 Challenge Stradale. The Mercedes definitely needs a new category as it's a completely different model than the SLS, and the Scud, Speciale, and CS are a good bit rarer than the standard models, and I don't think there would be too many problems with people posting them in the wrong categories and whatnot. On the fence about the F-Type...in a technical sense it is a competitor to the 911, and the 911 has a category of its own. I think the others might be a bit too common for ES but that's just my two cents.

Me too, I see so many more 911s then I see F-Types, but I don't think I'd consider either exotic. (Though some 911s can pass as exotic.)

And for AMG GT/GTS.. The thing is exotic or not, they'll keep getting posted in SLS so there should be a category for them. Also for the 360 CS I don't think they need a category, but maybe the mods could feature them.

911s and F types are by no means, exotic to me. I don't even glance at them.
In Dallas, they're a dime a dozen. It's basically like how i see Priuses, they're everywhere.

I feel like the AMG GT/GTS is exotic for now. But a year or so from now, they'll be quite common, as it's essentially a 911 and F type competitor, which at this rate, the amount of them on the road will catch up with others in its class.

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
Mustang1, 09 July 2015, 04:34
hyoung90 wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
lamboman505 wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:
heres some of mine
amg gts
f type
any 63 amg
m3\m4
f430 scud
speciale
challenge stradale

911s and F types are by no means, exotic to me. I don't even glance at them.
In Dallas, they're a dime a dozen. It's basically like how i see Priuses, they're everywhere.

I feel like the AMG GT/GTS is exotic for now. But a year or so from now, they'll be quite common, as it's essentially a 911 and F type competitor, which at this rate, the amount of them on the road will catch up with others in its class.

the come here for a week and see how many 911s and f types u see
my guess is 1 to 2 911s and 0 f types

Mustang1
Post a reply