Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
r8lover, 28 June 2016, 04:25
rivi3 wrote:
I only see like maybe two Mustangs per day because I don't get out much, so I just scrape up whatever I can.

And why I did I start taking pictures of half of those? Well to put in short, 80% of it is OCD, and the other 20% of it is the fact that I actually like some of those cars. I know if I don't take pictures of a car, I'll end up beating myself up for it in the future.

AG has a leaderboard called the "Spotter Top 100" and it goes to the people who have the most spots on their account. I'm trying to get a spot up there. The leader is a spotter named "Style" who currently has 8,956 spots on their account and counting.

Also, cars start to grow on you once you start noticing them more and more. Ever since I started taking pictures of Challenger SRT-8s, I absolutely fell in love with them.

If you like them then you do you.
Deleted account
DjShift, 28 June 2016, 05:49
r8lover wrote:
DjShift wrote:
Diablo_SV wrote:
DjShift wrote:
r8lover wrote:
DjShift wrote:
And distracted driving isn't that bad.

You are what's wrong with the world.

I thought you said Kanye is.

FINALLY I'M LIKE KANYE!!!

Bankrupt?

More than bankrupt

So bankrupt and homeless?

No, just a lot of credit card debt.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
Diablo_SV, 28 June 2016, 14:10
DjShift wrote:
r8lover wrote:
DjShift wrote:
Diablo_SV wrote:
DjShift wrote:
r8lover wrote:
DjShift wrote:

Bankrupt?

More than bankrupt

I wonder when you'll get a visit from the Repo man

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
Mustang1, 28 June 2016, 15:07
Nope, still take pics of all, but I won't go out of my way for some

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
Spyros_PETS, 28 June 2016, 15:44
Supercars are so rare here that I take photos of absolutely every spot-worthy car.

Spyros_PETS
from Nafplio, Greece
DjShift, 28 June 2016, 17:10
Diablo_SV wrote:
DjShift wrote:
r8lover wrote:
DjShift wrote:
Diablo_SV wrote:
DjShift wrote:
r8lover wrote:
DjShift wrote:

Bankrupt?

More than bankrupt

I wonder when you'll get a visit from the Repo man

I won't. Don't have anything to get repod. And I pay it

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
pdkcars, 23 August 2016, 17:51
San Antonio isn't necessarily full of exotics so you're not always going to see the unique well specc'd skittle colored exotics. Most stuff here is just white, silver, grey or black. Boring. Unless it's a rare find I tend to skip cars that color unless the black or white on it looks special which is the case sometimes. And I tend to skip almost all dirty cars, they just look bad. I won't take a picture of it unless it's really rare.

I don't even notice base C7 Vettes anymore. Most GranTurismos I pass by unless they're not the colors I listed or if they're the facelift/MC models.

Honestly what really matters is the setting. If it's in an area where I can get a good shot then it's highly likely I will stop and get it. But if it's in some ugly parking lot crowded with other cars or something like that I'll skip it.
Last modified by pdkcars, 23 August 2016, 17:52

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
abcs, 23 August 2016, 18:17
abcs wrote:
GT-Rs I don't even look at anymore
V8 Vantages
Most 911s
Ferrari 360s

A couple more to add

Maseratis
Bentleys
AMG GTS
R8s

Stuff like 458s, Gallardos, F430s I'll still take photos of given a good opportunity however if I see one I'm not going to waste my time chasing it down to get a photo of it.

abcs
from Canada
sumosloths, 24 August 2016, 00:08
pdkcars wrote:
Honestly what really matters is the setting. If it's in an area where I can get a good shot then it's highly likely I will stop and get it. But if it's in some ugly parking lot crowded with other cars or something like that I'll skip it.

Same. Also the location matters to me, so if I see an R8 or a V8 Vantage on my college campus, where there aren't many cars, I might break the camera out, but I would never do that in the bay area.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
SDJ2_Photography, 24 August 2016, 20:56
sumosloths wrote:
pdkcars wrote:

Same. Also the location matters to me, so if I see an R8 or a V8 Vantage on my college campus, where there aren't many cars, I might break the camera out, but I would never do that in the bay area.

Yeah same for me if I see a V8 Vantage or any 911 or V8 R8 in a location that isn't convenient then I might take a shot to know I saw it but I won't try for anything cool.

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
pdkcars, 25 August 2016, 12:33
SDJ2_Photography wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
pdkcars wrote:

Yeah same for me if I see a V8 Vantage or any 911 or V8 R8 in a location that isn't convenient then I might take a shot to know I saw it but I won't try for anything cool.

Yup, what I do. Sometimes I take a shot anyway but I know I won't edit it.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
ethanmckinley1, 25 August 2016, 23:55
SDJ2_Photography wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
pdkcars wrote:

Wow I wish I lived in New York

ethanmckinley1
from Portland, Oregon
Tristateexotics, 02 September 2016, 22:35
I dont usually take pictures of lower end ferraris 458 ff those kind. I find them a bit boring.

Tristateexotics
from New Jersey
pdkcars, 03 September 2016, 23:54
Tristateexotics wrote:
I dont usually take pictures of lower end ferraris 458 ff those kind. I find them a bit boring.

Wish I could say that. Hell I still haven't seen an FF outside of a dealership/show, ever. But if they did become common, I think I'd ignore anything that looks like it was bought off of a showroom floor with no remarkable options/choices.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
Tristateexotics, 05 September 2016, 15:28
pdkcars wrote:
Tristateexotics wrote:

Wish I could say that. Hell I still haven't seen an FF outside of a dealership/show, ever. But if they did become common, I think I'd ignore anything that looks like it was bought off of a showroom floor with no remarkable options/choices.

Most of them are exactly like that nothing interesting about the car other than the fact that it has a ferrari badge on it and they all have to be that same ferrari red :| . With the same amount of money you could buy many more interesting cars but they decided to buy a ferrari because of the name.

Tristateexotics
from New Jersey
Post a reply