Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
FanOfSuperCars, 05 September 2016, 20:01
Tristateexotics wrote:
pdkcars wrote:
Tristateexotics wrote:
I dont usually take pictures of lower end ferraris 458 ff those kind. I find them a bit boring.

Wish I could say that. Hell I still haven't seen an FF outside of a dealership/show, ever. But if they did become common, I think I'd ignore anything that looks like it was bought off of a showroom floor with no remarkable options/choices.

Most of them are exactly like that nothing interesting about the car other than the fact that it has a ferrari badge on it and they all have to be that same ferrari red :| . With the same amount of money you could buy many more interesting cars but they decided to buy a ferrari because of the name.

Yes some people buy them as status symbols but other people buy them because they like the car. It would be nice if less people picked red though.. Thats for sure..

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
pdkcars, 05 September 2016, 21:27
Tristateexotics wrote:
pdkcars wrote:
Tristateexotics wrote:
I dont usually take pictures of lower end ferraris 458 ff those kind. I find them a bit boring.

Wish I could say that. Hell I still haven't seen an FF outside of a dealership/show, ever. But if they did become common, I think I'd ignore anything that looks like it was bought off of a showroom floor with no remarkable options/choices.

Most of them are exactly like that nothing interesting about the car other than the fact that it has a ferrari badge on it and they all have to be that same ferrari red :| . With the same amount of money you could buy many more interesting cars but they decided to buy a ferrari because of the name.

Yeah and most down here because more are black or silver too which gets old fast. White often looks sharp so I don't mind but it would be nice to see some more blues, yellows and overall better specs. But it is boring to see a resale red 458 with a base black and beige interior. It's like those people who buy BMWs and Mercedes and they buy the cheapest ones in the blandest colors with the smallest wheels.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
r8lover, 06 September 2016, 00:50
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
Tristateexotics wrote:
pdkcars wrote:
Tristateexotics wrote:

Yes some people buy them as status symbols but other people buy them because they like the car. It would be nice if less people picked red though.. Thats for sure..

I don't understand the hate for red. Yes, it isn't the best color on some Ferraris, but it's what they're known for (other than performance). To a lot of people, both gearheads and not, there is something special about a red Ferrari. No other company is so tied into a particular color.
Deleted account
Mustang1, 06 September 2016, 01:56
unless classic cars count lol

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
FanOfSuperCars, 06 September 2016, 22:04
r8lover wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
Tristateexotics wrote:
pdkcars wrote:
Tristateexotics wrote:

I don't understand the hate for red. Yes, it isn't the best color on some Ferraris, but it's what they're known for (other than performance). To a lot of people, both gearheads and not, there is something special about a red Ferrari. No other company is so tied into a particular color.

I don't hate red. It's just it's such a common color choice that it's not as interesting as other colors.

FanOfSuperCars
Mustang1, 06 September 2016, 23:08
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
r8lover wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
Tristateexotics wrote:
pdkcars wrote:
Tristateexotics wrote:

I don't hate red. It's just it's such a common color choice that it's not as interesting as other colors.

all of the ones I've seen r white, same with my dad(it may only be 4 but still)(ff that is)

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
FanOfSuperCars, 08 September 2016, 00:20
Mustang1 wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
r8lover wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
Tristateexotics wrote:
pdkcars wrote:
Tristateexotics wrote:

all of the ones I've seen r white, same with my dad(it may only be 4 but still)(ff that is)

I was talking about red 458's. I actually haven't seen a red FF yet, just mostly black and grey ones.

FanOfSuperCars
r8lover, 09 September 2016, 02:54
FanOfSuperCars wrote:

Fair enough. The commonness does sort of make it not as interesting. I don't know, I guess I just get more excited about seeing a red Ferrari than one of any other color.
Deleted account
Tristateexotics, 09 September 2016, 03:09
I just think for less than the price of a used 488 and even some 458 you can buy a spyker c8. Imo so much more interesting car. less made, imo looks better, and will hold its value way better than a 488 (in the short run at least)

Tristateexotics
from New Jersey
r8lover, 09 September 2016, 03:28
Tristateexotics wrote:
I just think for less than the price of a used 488 and even some 458 you can buy a spyker c8. Imo so much more interesting car. less made, imo looks better, and will hold its value way better than a 488 (in the short run at least)

I do like the C8 much more than the 458/488, however a lot of people in that price range don't really want to pay $200,000+ for a car that is admittedly slower, less equipped, and lacking the brand prestige. The C8 is really getting long in the tooth, and even the C8 Preliator, which looked amazing, is lacking quite a bit when it comes to technology in the car. It doesn't even appear to have a screen for navigation or anything like that, which in a luxury branded car at that price at this point in time is not really okay.
Deleted account
sumosloths, 09 September 2016, 12:50
r8lover wrote:
Tristateexotics wrote:

I do like the C8 much more than the 458/488, however a lot of people in that price range don't really want to pay $200,000+ for a car that is admittedly slower, less equipped, and lacking the brand prestige. The C8 is really getting long in the tooth, and even the C8 Preliator, which looked amazing, is lacking quite a bit when it comes to technology in the car. It doesn't even appear to have a screen for navigation or anything like that, which in a luxury branded car at that price at this point in time is not really okay.

Plus it's way harder to get your hands on a Spyker than a Ferrari

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Tristateexotics, 11 September 2016, 01:11
r8lover wrote:
Tristateexotics wrote:

A screen is an option in the preliator. Also if your comparing the 458 with c8 aileron I believe it has everything the 458 has accept a radio. Which you can use your phone for if you really like listening to music while driving. I also have never understand the brand prestige issue unless your not really a car guy, I find that people who know about cars that dont have brand prestige are usually true enthusiasts and really enjoy and appreciate the car you own as they are well versed on the particular brand. I will admit the performance is a bit lower than the 458, 10 mph slower and 1 second slower to 0-60
Last modified by Tristateexotics, 11 September 2016, 04:46

Tristateexotics
from New Jersey
r8lover, 11 September 2016, 05:13
Tristateexotics wrote:
A screen is an option in the preliator. Also if your comparing the 458 with c8 aileron I believe it has everything the 458 has accept a radio. Which you can use your phone for if you really like listening to music while driving. I also have never understand the brand prestige issue unless your not really a car guy, I find that people who know about cars that dont have brand prestige are usually true enthusiasts and really enjoy and appreciate the car you own as they are well versed on the particular brand. I will admit the performance is a bit lower than the 458, 10 mph slower and 1 second slower to 0-60

I do love Spykers, but it really is hard to justify the price of the Preliator, which is a whopping $354,000. I thought the Aileron had a radio? If it doesn't, well that's a bit of an issue for a /luxury/ supercar. It's okay in a hardcore track day special, but not a luxurious car.
Deleted account
Tristateexotics, 14 September 2016, 02:01
r8lover wrote:
Tristateexotics wrote:

I do love Spykers, but it really is hard to justify the price of the Preliator, which is a whopping $354,000. I thought the Aileron had a radio? If it doesn't, well that's a bit of an issue for a /luxury/ supercar. It's okay in a hardcore track day special, but not a luxurious car.

I was wrong a few have a stereo but they are a small percentage out of full production run . But I am very into the type of style of the spyker which was inspired by ww1 and ww2 airplanes. So I am very biased.

Tristateexotics
from New Jersey
r8lover, 14 September 2016, 20:51
Tristateexotics wrote:
I was wrong a few have a stereo but they are a small percentage out of full production run . But I am very into the type of style of the spyker which was inspired by ww1 and ww2 airplanes. So I am very biased.

Lol I love Spyker, they're one of my favorite car companies. I just think it's a little much to not have those sorts of things and not be a hardcore sports car.
Deleted account
Post a reply