Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
maxim380, 15 September 2016, 06:51
r8lover wrote:
Tristateexotics wrote:
A screen is an option in the preliator. Also if your comparing the 458 with c8 aileron I believe it has everything the 458 has accept a radio. Which you can use your phone for if you really like listening to music while driving. I also have never understand the brand prestige issue unless your not really a car guy, I find that people who know about cars that dont have brand prestige are usually true enthusiasts and really enjoy and appreciate the car you own as they are well versed on the particular brand. I will admit the performance is a bit lower than the 458, 10 mph slower and 1 second slower to 0-60

I do love Spykers, but it really is hard to justify the price of the Preliator, which is a whopping $354,000. I thought the Aileron had a radio? If it doesn't, well that's a bit of an issue for a /luxury/ supercar. It's okay in a hardcore track day special, but not a luxurious car.

The price isn't really the main problem. They probably won't make a single production Preliator.

maxim380
from Netherlands
dcoopsd, 15 September 2016, 09:28
I'll admit that living in Southern California does have its exotic spotting pitfalls and that is that Ferraris and Lamborghinis are quite ubiquitous and it isn't unusual to see one or both in multiples through the course of the day. So much so that my better half and I coined the phrase "Oh look... it's another Ferrari" as a result.

As for the Spyker conversation... I had the chance to sit down for half an hour with Victor Muller, the current CEO of Spyker Motors. What I found remarkable and quite interesting is that each of the Spyker models (the C8 Preliator for example) are quite literally the realizations of his own wild, limitless imagination. It isn't a team of bean counters throwing together a series of ideas but instead his own napkin sketches come to life. Though we may never see a Preliator (Spyker and their PR team says otherwise....) we can rest assured that each Spyker concept is something unique and creative rather than boring and mundane.

dcoopsd
from San Diego, California
r8lover, 15 September 2016, 21:14
maxim380 wrote:

The price isn't really the main problem. They probably won't make a single production Preliator.

They've apparently sold them all lol. At least that's what I remember people reporting when it was unveiled.
Last modified by r8lover, 15 September 2016, 21:15
Deleted account
maxim380, 15 September 2016, 21:55
r8lover wrote:
maxim380 wrote:

They've apparently sold them all lol. At least that's what I remember people reporting when it was unveiled.

I really want to believe them this time, but they've gone bankrupt multiple times during the past few years. Until there's more than the one Preliator, I'm not believing them.

maxim380
from Netherlands
r8lover, 16 September 2016, 02:55
maxim380 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
maxim380 wrote:

I really want to believe them this time, but they've gone bankrupt multiple times during the past few years. Until there's more than the one Preliator, I'm not believing them.

Fair point. As much as I'd love to see more of them, they do have a habit of not following through on things. (Come on, I want a B6 already!)
Deleted account
Tristateexotics, 17 September 2016, 00:33
maxim380 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
maxim380 wrote:

yeah they went under because of bad business decisions if they hadn't have bought saab they probably would have made it.

Tristateexotics
from New Jersey
FanOfSuperCars, 17 September 2016, 01:00
This post was deleted 10 March 2017, 03:45 by FanOfSuperCars

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
DA34, 20 September 2016, 08:37
hyoung90 wrote:

All Astons except for Vanquish, V12 Vantage/S

All //M products except for the 1M and M2

All Maseratis. Swarmed with them

No except for One-77? LOL
M1?
MС12?

DA34
FastMojo2, 09 March 2017, 13:47
Maserati Ghibli Q4s in the US.

Bentley Continental (except special editions like the Supersports), Maserati Ghibli, Quattroportes, and some RRs in Beverly Hills area. Also some older Porsche 911s.

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
waddle2gracious, 09 March 2017, 16:06
I'll typically take pictures of just about everything, but only keep really good shots of some of the more common exotics. They serve as good practice opportunities.

waddle2gracious
from Florida
Werner, 11 March 2017, 22:58
Tesla Models S, and Corvettes.

Werner
from Coeur d'Alene, United States
pdkcars, 18 March 2017, 14:12
I've noticed the M4 is very common. I won't really bother with getting pictures unless the color is interesting or the location is. I see one almost every day I walk up to the mall and only one has stood out, a yas marina blue convertible.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
Harm_Photography, 09 April 2018, 12:00
sumosloths wrote:
GT-R's
V8 Vantages, DB9's
All Bentleys except the Bentayga and the GT3-R
All RR's except the Dawn because I haven't seen one yet
458's
Californias
911 GT3's
Audi R8's except the new one
Elises, Evoras
i8's
Pretty much all Maseratis

NOOOO, not the 458!!! Where do you live/spot?

Harm_Photography
from Dayton, Ohio
Harm_Photography, 09 April 2018, 12:00
Any Corvette really at all.

Harm_Photography
from Dayton, Ohio
Georgiaspotter, 09 April 2018, 15:45
Ghibli
G-wagon unless modified or something like that
M4

Georgiaspotter
from Tucker, Georgia