Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
henrywolf, 16 June 2016, 17:10
I'm bored so I figured I'd start this discussion...

When you're editing photos in Photoshop/Lightroom what do you do to make your photos look good, or what do you think makes photos look good.

I personally like photos that are bright, lots of highlights, and a little bit of clarity.
Deleted account
DjShift, 16 June 2016, 18:10
henrywolf wrote:
I'm bored so I figured I'd start this discussion...

When you're editing photos in Photoshop/Lightroom what do you do to make your photos look good, or what do you think makes photos look good.

I personally like photos that are bright, lots of highlights, and a little bit of clarity.

I like em dark and rule of thirds

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
Lamborarri, 16 June 2016, 18:10
I always increase contrast and decrease highlights, then I occasionally increase shadows and decrease brightness if it helps the photo look better in any way. I just use the little editing system on my computer and it works fine.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
carguyjt, 16 June 2016, 23:51
A bit of clarity Not a little but not a lot, Light shadows, I often put in a graduated filter with lots of warmth and exposure to give it a faded corner look. and then I pretty much mess around till it looks good to me.

carguyjt
from Littleton, Colorado
henrywolf, 17 June 2016, 03:07
Lamborarri wrote:
I always increase contrast and decrease highlights, then I occasionally increase shadows and decrease brightness if it helps the photo look better in any way. I just use the little editing system on my computer and it works fine.

Lol never decrease highlights
Deleted account
xXFerrariFanXx, 17 June 2016, 03:13
I like to use photoshop on brightly colored cars. I select the car and increase brightness/saturation slightly and decrease it on the background. What I did here: http://www.exoticspotter.com/ferrari-f430-fort-lauderdale-florida-224142

xXFerrariFanXx
from Florida
sumosloths, 17 June 2016, 03:20
henrywolf wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:

I always decrease highlights.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
FanOfSuperCars, 17 June 2016, 04:13
sumosloths wrote:
henrywolf wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:

For me it depends on the photo. I don't always do one or the other.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 17 June 2016, 04:13

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
Vinchops, 17 June 2016, 04:20
sumosloths wrote:
henrywolf wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:

Highlights are almost always decreased in my photos.

Vinchops
SDJ2_Photography, 18 June 2016, 01:34
Contrast up, whites/highlights down, blacks down, shadows up, clarity up, crop to desired, change saturation of particular colors, clone things out, content-aware things out, watermark. Lightroom 6.

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
Lamborarri, 18 June 2016, 01:45
sumosloths wrote:
henrywolf wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:

I'm going to agree with Martin here.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
sumosloths, 18 June 2016, 05:34
I start by cropping; I'll always use 3504x2336 (default for my camera), 3604x2336, or 3704x2336. Then I do shadows/highlights, making sure the sky doesn't get too dark. Then I usually make the plants/trees more yellow and more saturated, and then do some color corrections on the car, like maybe adding saturation or taking away more highlights. I sometimes do more color corrections on the sky or on buildings. I'll usually put the photo away for a while, then re-open it to make sure I didn't screw it up without noticing. Once I'm satisfied with it, I sharpen it a little (and sometimes do a bit of noise filter), then finish by hiding my watermark.

I use PS CS3 when I'm at home and Elements 13 when I'm on my laptop.
Last modified by sumosloths, 18 June 2016, 05:39

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
cargame_parker, 05 July 2016, 22:57
vintage / grunge
black and white
clarity
faded blacks

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
rivi3, 09 July 2016, 03:56
Mine is pretty much like andrewo style with a bit of my crazy flares to it.
Last modified by rivi3, 09 July 2016, 03:56

rivi3
from New York
carguyjt, 09 July 2016, 05:43
rivi3 wrote:
Mine is pretty much like andrewo style with a bit of my crazy flares to it.

What happened to Andrewo? He's not active on Flickr either.

carguyjt
from Littleton, Colorado
Post a reply