Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Car Week Spots for Editor's Choice
Yes

No

Total: 15
DjShift, 11 September 2016, 01:49
rivi3 wrote:

There's something called EXIF info on your photos, and the admins can check that to determine whether or not a spot is legitimate.

Also, people can always report spots that were taken at events. Autogespot does a pretty good job with making sure there is nothing illegitimate on the website, so I'm sure ES can do a good job too.

You may be right about "a muscle is a muscle", but the way you got it is what's cheap about it. Taking steroids is lazy.

I completely agree taking steroids is lazy, and I also agree spotting during events is lazy. But it would take a lot more admins than we currently have to end it and even then it would be adding more rules and further destroying the site. And for some reason, we seem to be going in the opposite direction by allowing stuff we didn't before.

And an undeniable fact is that a lot of the people on the website are just here to see cool cars. Some aren't, but I'd say the majority are.

But hey, you can't beat it, you join it right?

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
r8lover, 11 September 2016, 05:03
rivi3 wrote:
There's something called EXIF info on your photos, and the admins can check that to determine whether or not a spot is legitimate.

Also, people can always report spots that were taken at events. Autogespot does a pretty good job with making sure there is nothing illegitimate on the website, so I'm sure ES can do a good job too.

Can't you edit the info on the file itself so the date matches what you'd claim it to be?

If no one else went to an event, it's hard to be sure. You can only do so much while sitting at a keyboard hundreds or thousands of miles away.

rivi3 wrote:
Lol it's so easy to say "who cares?!!11!" I do. I care. If nobody cared, why is it a thing? I've been on this website for four years and I still have never won EC. I'm in it to win it.

So? What's the big deal about it? I've won it one time, that's it. And frankly, it's not like you're winning an Oscar or the Nobel Prize. I've practically forgotten it even happened.

You've had some great spots, just enjoy that fact. You've seen plenty of cars on the road that most people will never see at a show, and even a couple that I don't even think have been seen at Car Week. Take solace in that and don't be concerned about getting Editor's Choice on a small car spotting website.
Deleted account
sumosloths, 11 September 2016, 05:37
rivi3 wrote:
Lol it's so easy to say "who cares?!!11!" I do. I care. If nobody cared, why is it a thing? I've been on this website for four years and I still have never won EC. I'm in it to win it.

I've been on the site for four years and have gone to car week four times; I've gotten EC literally once, just sayin.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
sumosloths, 11 September 2016, 05:43
DjShift wrote:
I completely agree taking steroids is lazy, and I also agree spotting during events is lazy.

Car week is not exactly easy. You have to know exactly where to be and exactly when to be there. Of course you'll see cool stuff if you just hang out in certain places, and you'll always have a lucky spot when you're on the road, but you have to really be on the ball to see a lot of the highlights.
Last modified by sumosloths, 11 September 2016, 05:45

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
rivi3, 11 September 2016, 19:03
I mean I guess you guys have points with how EC is a very small thing. I'm just used to being competitive with this sort of thing because of IG, Flickr, and also if you win Spot of the Year on Autogespot, you win 2500 euros.

Also, the only spot that I've had where it hasn't been seen at Car Week is Ralph Lauren's RUF CTR-3
Last modified by rivi3, 11 September 2016, 19:05

rivi3
from New York
Post a reply