Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
DjShift, 18 September 2016, 04:49
bej96 wrote:
Anyone else get the iPhone 7?? What's your thoughts??

I find the home screen button quite hard to use when unlocking the phone etc, -and it annoys me that I can't listen to music with earphones or have the AUX plugged when in my car and charge at the same time, apart from that not much else has changed from the 6s.

If you plug your phone into a car that has a USB slot using the white charging cable that came with the phone, the car will actually charge the phone and let you listen to music at the same time using just the one cable. I do this with my 6plus all the time.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
r8lover, 18 September 2016, 05:02
DjShift wrote:
bej96 wrote:

I find the home screen button quite hard to use when unlocking the phone etc, -and it annoys me that I can't listen to music with earphones or have the AUX plugged when in my car and charge at the same time, apart from that not much else has changed from the 6s.

If you plug your phone into a car that has a USB slot using the white charging cable that came with the phone, the car will actually charge the phone and let you listen to music at the same time using just the one cable. I do this with my 6plus all the time.

The car may not have a dedicated USB slot that goes into the stereo. It could just be a charger going from the outlet.
Deleted account
bej96, 18 September 2016, 05:56
r8lover wrote:
bej96 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
bej96 wrote:

I have one on the way. No idea when it's supposed to come in though.

I'd just say to get a third party adapter so you can listen to music and charge the phone at the same time.

Oh so they have invented that, I wS going to try Sell the idea to them

I think it was the first thing on most people's minds lol. I don't know if it's out yet, but one will no doubt be released soon.

I just had a look and Belkin have one for $39.99 USD

bej96
from New Zealand
rivi3, 18 September 2016, 15:20
I'm not getting the 7 because what Apple is doing is dumb af. I want to be able to plug in an AUX to my car or listen to music using wired earpods. Before you tell me to get an adapter, I'm not coughing up $40.00 for something that should have been included in the phone to begin with.

rivi3
from New York
DjShift, 18 September 2016, 18:28
I actually love the fact that they got rid of the aux port in the phone. I hated that thing

DjShift
sumosloths, 18 September 2016, 21:18
The only thing better about the iPhone 7 compared to my year-old phone is the camera. I guess the fingerprint scanner is handy too, but if I want that I can just get a 6.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
r8lover, 18 September 2016, 23:45
rivi3 wrote:
I'm not getting the 7 because what Apple is doing is dumb af. I want to be able to plug in an AUX to my car or listen to music using wired earpods. Before you tell me to get an adapter, I'm not coughing up $40.00 for something that should have been included in the phone to begin with.

You still can plug it in. It comes with a Lightning to 3.5mm adapter. You just can't charge the phone and use the audio output at the same time.
Deleted account
sumosloths, 19 September 2016, 00:23
r8lover wrote:
You just can't charge the phone and use the audio output at the same time.

You know what I can do on my year-old android? That.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
rivi3, 19 September 2016, 01:34
r8lover wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

You still can plug it in. It comes with a Lightning to 3.5mm adapter. You just can't charge the phone and use the audio output at the same time.

That's bullshit. I'll stick with my iPhone 6S.

rivi3
from New York
henrywolf, 19 September 2016, 01:51
This post was deleted 19 September 2016, 21:45 by henrywolf
Deleted account
r8lover, 19 September 2016, 02:47
rivi3 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
rivi3 wrote:

That's bullshit. I'll stick with my iPhone 6S.

Eh, I'm not bothered by it. Plus anything I'd want to connect it to has Bluetooth, so the lack of a headphone jack really shouldn't be that much of an issue.
Deleted account
Vinchops, 19 September 2016, 03:23
DjShift wrote:
I actually love the fact that they got rid of the aux port in the phone. I hated that thing

what? How can you hate an aux port? What even is there to hate about it?
Last modified by Vinchops, 19 September 2016, 03:23

Vinchops
Porsche_Romeo, 19 September 2016, 17:20
rivi3 wrote:
Porsche_Romeo wrote:
When on earth is the website update coming? I feel like they've been talking about it for months

Users: "So guys, when is the new update going to come out?"
ES staff:
[http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/020/260/nilesyy-nilez.jpg]

Haha, perfect

Porsche_Romeo
from Michigan
DjShift, 19 September 2016, 17:44
Vinchops wrote:
DjShift wrote:

It's all round and sharp and has cut me before. And it gets so much lint in there.

DjShift
r8lover, 19 September 2016, 20:31
DjShift wrote:
Vinchops wrote:
DjShift wrote:

It's all round and sharp and has cut me before. And it gets so much lint in there.

Sharp? It's a rounded port going into the phone lol. How can it even cut you?

I do get the lint issue though. I always just use a needle/clothespin/small pointy object to scrape it out. I don't know if that's good or bad for the phone, but it works well enough.
Deleted account
Post a reply