Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
lemurking13, 21 February 2017, 16:31
To everyone who knew and loved exotic spotter throughout all the years we may have some exciting news. 2 of my good friends are all looking into developing a new website for car spotters/enthusiasts. I have read about the desire for this on many forums and its been something that I've wanted to do for a long time now. We have a few friends who are well versed in creating successful webpages but we need your help! Please post suggestions and things that you would like to see that may not be available on similar sights. The more responses we get from potential users, the more successful the site will be! DONT LET CARSPOTTING DIE!

Thanks for your help!

lemurking13
from Yarmouth, Maine
911gt3rsfan, 21 February 2017, 18:20
What I suggest is that on your site, you take away the featured/unfeatured cr*p. Just make every shot featured so that every shot can have the equal amount of chance of being seen.

911gt3rsfan
from Summit, New Jersey
Werner, 21 February 2017, 20:21
WCB, my young friend who helped me with my website, http://www.bobcorning918.wixsite.com/potatoes4life, says that there should be a mobile app. I am assuming that is is for a modern cellular telephone. I used his a few times. Nifty thing, but the camera is like my childhood drawings. Indistinguishable.

Wix.com has been kind to me. The free domain has limits, but its better than wibblo (another website builder).

Werner
from Coeur d'Alene, United States
ethanmckinley1, 21 February 2017, 20:37
Werner wrote:
WCB, my young friend who helped me with my website, http://www.bobcorning918.wixsite.com/potatoes4life, says that there should be a mobile app. I am assuming that is is for a modern cellular telephone. I used his a few times. Nifty thing, but the camera is like my childhood drawings. Indistinguishable.

Wix.com has been kind to me. The free domain has limits, but its better than wibblo (another website builder).

YES!!! A mobile app would be challenging but worth it in the long run because everyone is taking pictures on their phones these days and having an app would be so much convenient and easier. (Personally I use a DSLR but Like I said a mobile app would be soooo much better). No pressure.

ethanmckinley1
from Portland, Oregon
pdkcars, 22 February 2017, 01:14
No super strict limits on what's strictly spotworthy and what's not. I'm still pissed Autogespot removed the Audi S5 and TTS. I found a really good Audi S5 spec ages ago and now those pictures are gone.
Last modified by pdkcars, 22 February 2017, 01:14

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
FanOfSuperCars, 22 February 2017, 01:44
This post was deleted 22 February 2017, 07:11 by FanOfSuperCars

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
lemurking13, 22 February 2017, 03:55
Thanks for thoughts everyone keep them flowing.
As for app vs site, would you prefer both or just app. A mobile app has definitely been one of my thoughts.

As for whats "exotic" or not its hard to say post S5's etc. because then it becomes over flooded with content people aren't really interested in. I would consider having a category that you could send cars like that (if they were incredible specs or had something special about them) in to moderators,they would be reviewed, and then sent through to a category dedicated to cars like that if the mod decided it was appropriate.

Keep the ideas coming and Ill be monitoring this daily and trying to touch on all your suggestions!

Thank you!

Chase

lemurking13
from Yarmouth, Maine
r8lover, 22 February 2017, 03:58
lemurking13 wrote:
As for app vs site, would you prefer both or just app. A mobile app has definitely been one of my thoughts.

As for whats "exotic" or not its hard to say post S5's etc. because then it becomes over flooded with content people aren't really interested in. I would consider having a category that you could send cars like that (if they were incredible specs or had something special about them) in to moderators,they would be reviewed, and then sent through to a category dedicated to cars like that if the mod decided it was appropriate.

Keep the ideas coming and Ill be monitoring this daily and trying to touch on all your suggestions!

Thank you!

Chase

Just a suggestion for how to deal with stuff people don't want to see: how about a setting where a user can hide particular cars?
Deleted account
waddle2gracious, 22 February 2017, 04:05
lemurking13 wrote:

Chase

I would think both is beneficial, because uploading photos on a mobile app would be challenging if taking shots with a DSLR.

Regardless, if the site is made, I'll make an account!
Last modified by waddle2gracious, 22 February 2017, 04:08

waddle2gracious
from Florida
waddle2gracious, 22 February 2017, 04:16
lemurking13 wrote:

Chase

One more thing: if possible, regarding seeing how "exotic" something is, if you could somehow build in a location-based exotic determination system, that would be great. I've discussed that on a couple comment threads over the past 5 months or so, and gotten some support. My idea is:

A RR Ghost in Beverly Hills is quite common. But, a RR Ghost in a little country town or perhaps in a city without much money, is very exotic for that area. This brings me back to when I posted my CLK GTR I spotted- I'd never, EVER, expect to see something like that on the road, let alone the small-ish town of Stuart! But, a Porsche GT1 spotted in Monaco, one of the hottest places to spot ultra-rare exotics, is handed EC for the week. Don't get me wrong, the blue GT1 was insane, but I felt rather disappointed I didn't get EC for that week. It's not a big deal now (heck it was a while ago), but there's an example of what I'm talking about.

Then again, if all shots are treated equally, then this is not much of an issue. Just my thoughts.

waddle2gracious
from Florida
davisvehicles, 22 February 2017, 05:47
YES! I need another actual site. I loved the site chasingexotics and if you could do something close to that, with a little more modern features it would be perfect. A good forum area by region is what they had. So each person could have a thread in their city and then add to others when they visit other cities. It was a great way to share awesome spots we all had back in the older days of spotting (2012-2014). I'd love to see something like that where we can post what we'd like and people would appreciate it.

davisvehicles
from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
dandude999, 22 February 2017, 07:26
This post was deleted 22 February 2017, 07:27 by dandude999

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
dandude999, 22 February 2017, 07:26
I think you should make a Mobile app and a website. I also think you should allow AMG's and BMW M2, M3, M4 ,M5 and M6.
Last modified by dandude999, 22 February 2017, 07:27

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
pdkcars, 22 February 2017, 15:10
dandude999 wrote:
I think you should make a Mobile app and a website. I also think you should allow AMG's and BMW M2, M3, M4 ,M5 and M6.

Yup and if not Audi S's then at least the higher trim rarer Audi S's like the S7/S8 and of course all of the RS's. The RS5 around these parts is hardly common even if you're looking for it. Same with RS7.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
DjShift, 22 February 2017, 16:16
No more spotter rankings. I HATED that idea from the beginning. Changed the whole site from people posting cars because it was their passion to it becoming some big contest for virtual likes and numbers.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
Post a reply