Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
sumosloths, 01 March 2016, 16:23
Thread for the 2016 Geneva show. Autoblog

Here's the Centenario. I like it better than the Veneno, but I kind of miss the Veneno's huge wing. Hopefully I'll see one in person in the near future (I still haven't seen a Veneno though).

[http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/381/684/9/S3816849/slug/l/01-lamborghini-centenario-geneva-1.jpg]
Last modified by sumosloths, 01 March 2016, 16:26

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Mazdafreak, 01 March 2016, 17:42
Who cares about the Lambo when the the 911 R is in the same building? I'm going crazy over the 911 R! Has the 4.0 from the GT3 RS and a proper manual trans like the RS (and every Porsche, at least in my opinion) should have. Who says a high performance car can't have a manual transmission!? :P

Also that Civic hatchback looks pretty cool.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
sumosloths, 01 March 2016, 17:44
Mazdafreak wrote:
Who cares about the Lambo when the the 911 R is in the same building? I'm going crazy over the 911 R! Has the 4.0 from the GT3 RS and a proper manual trans like the RS (and every Porsche, at least in my opinion) should have. Who says a high performance car can't have a manual transmission!? :P

I also saw that, it looks cool. But it desperately needs a wing.

sumosloths
Mazdafreak, 01 March 2016, 17:50
sumosloths wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:

Can't argue with you on that, but the want factor is infinitely higher for the 911 R than it is for that Lamborghini thing.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
SDJ2_Photography, 01 March 2016, 20:43
The Apollo Arrow is hideous.

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
SDJ2_Photography, 01 March 2016, 20:44
Mazdafreak wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:

Can't argue with you on that, but the want factor is infinitely higher for the 911 R than it is for that Lamborghini thing.

I really don't enjoy the color scheme in which they debuted it. I don't think it does the car justice.

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
MDPhotography88, 01 March 2016, 21:06
sumosloths wrote:

Here's the Centenario. I like it better than the Veneno, but I kind of miss the Veneno's huge wing. Hopefully I'll see one in person in the near future (I still haven't seen a Veneno though).

[http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/381/684/9/S3816849/slug/l/01-lamborghini-centenario-geneva-1.jpg]

I think Lamborghini did an awful job with the Centinario, but that's just my opinion

MDPhotography88
from Denver, Colorado
sumosloths, 01 March 2016, 22:03
SDJ2_Photography wrote:

I actually like the front, but there is a bit too much going on overall. I've definitely seen uglier cars though.

sumosloths
michealm, 01 March 2016, 22:23
I actually kinda like the Arrow. The wing looks a bit ambitious, but other than that I think it looks pretty good.
Last modified by michealm, 02 March 2016, 01:43
Deleted account
maxim380, 01 March 2016, 22:28
SDJ2_Photography wrote:

I'm absolutely in love with that, and Apollo as a company. I love the original Gumpert Apollo, so I'm so happy that they are going to build those again in the form of the Apollo N.
Last modified by maxim380, 01 March 2016, 22:28

maxim380
from Netherlands
r8lover, 01 March 2016, 23:03
Mazdafreak wrote:

No one says it can't. It just means the antiquated technology in such a high performance, advanced car will do nothing but hold it back if you don't need the feeling of being 100% in tune with the car or if you don't need a manual to enjoy driving a car (as is the case with me).
Deleted account
r8lover, 01 March 2016, 23:05
sumosloths wrote:

It looks pretty good, but I'm slightly irked that the side looks exceptionally like a LaFerrari.
[http://img2.netcarshow.com/Lamborghini-Centenario_2017_1024x768_wallpaper_04.jpg]
[http://img1.auto-motor-und-sport.de/Ferrari-LaFerrari-Seitenansicht-fotoshowBigImage-d6f1140e-744034.jpg]
Deleted account
Mazdafreak, 02 March 2016, 00:35
r8lover wrote:
No one says it can't. It just means the antiquated technology in such a high performance, advanced car will do nothing but hold it back if you don't need the feeling of being 100% in tune with the car or if you don't need a manual to enjoy driving a car (as is the case with me).

Are cars like Porsches, Ferraris, Lambos, etc bought to drive more on the road or on the racetrack? Don't get me wrong, if you're buying a car more for track use, a DCT is the way to go if you want lap times. But they don't post your lap times on the grocery store wall, so a DCT does nothing for me in that regard.

And a manual is not going to really hold back a powerful car unless you need to drive around at the limit, and you shouldn't ever be at your car's limit on public roads. I happened to be driving my dad's twin-turbo Allroad today, which is a Tiptronic automatic by the way, and since I was alone I put my foot into it a couple times. Yes it shifts faster than I can, but I'm not going to be able to tell a difference between a 0-60 run of 4.8 seconds in an auto and 5.0 seconds in a manual, so those faster shifts are irrelevant to me. He's actually got another Allroad in the garage which will be more powerful and have a manual transmission, so we'll see. All I can really say for sure is that when I'm driving a stick, it feels like it accelerates faster because I get the repeated sensation of full throttle after each shift.

Glad we're (finally) getting the parts for the A6 this week (which is sorta becoming my car), because I've been driving an automatic exclusively for the past six months or so, and it's really getting tiring...

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Diablo_SV, 02 March 2016, 02:23
r8lover wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:

A transmission should not make or break a car IMO. I'm a car enthusiast. Not a transmission enthusiast.

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
r8lover, 02 March 2016, 02:39
Mazdafreak wrote:
Are cars like Porsches, Ferraris, Lambos, etc bought to drive more on the road or on the racetrack? Don't get me wrong, if you're buying a car more for track use, a DCT is the way to go if you want lap times. But they don't post your lap times on the grocery store wall, so a DCT does nothing for me in that regard.

It can be both. Plus, while I can drive a manual just fine, I cannot stand driving it in the city, where those cars are likely to be a lot of the time.

And actually, it is a bit different, as 0-60 isn't the only acceleration time. I'd like to see what the difference between and auto and manual is in a real world test like passing someone on a highway or in a passing zone on a two lane road, where you have to shift down to the right gear to get around them (which is instantaneous in some automatics). Plus that manual 0-60 time is assuming you can get it off the line 100% perfectly, whereas in an automatic sports car there is launch control.

Funny, you'd think the automatic would be the least tiring one lol.
Deleted account
Post a reply