Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
FanOfSuperCars, 03 March 2016, 03:32
Lamborarri wrote:
[http://www.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2016/03/Lamborghini-Huracan-Avio-Front.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&fit=around%7C644%3A428&crop=644%3A428%3B*%2C*]

Here's one more car from Geneva that I really liked, and not surprisingly, it's a Huracan. Lamborghini unveiled the Huracan Avio as a tribute to the Italian Air Force. The spec is amazing in my opinion.

It wouldn't surprise me if someone wraps their Huracan in that design.

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
Mazdafreak, 03 March 2016, 15:15
r8lover wrote:
[DSG] shifts a lot faster, plus being able to use paddles (I'm not sure if the tiptronic has those) makes the experience more involving than just hitting a button or the shifter.

Well, whether the gear changes are commanded via thumb shifters on the front of the steering wheel or paddles behind the wheel, the computer is still doing the shifting, and it's not as involving as using a clutch pedal and changing gears yourself.

One of the things that irks me about automated transmissions is that you end up straddling a very fine line between total gearbox automation and absolute performance by supporting them. I don't know if you read Car and Driver magazine, but they have an annual event at VIR called Lighting Lap. (The event consists of their drivers lapping the newest performance cars to see where they stack up against the competition). Recently they noted that, when trying to set a hot lap in an automatic car, they really have to just put the car in whatever track mode it offers and leave the transmission in D, as modern transmissions have gotten so smart that you hinder the car's ability by trying to shift it manually, even via the paddles.

Also, modern manual transmissions can be shifted very quickly. Know what the fastest car Car and Driver has ever lapped around VIR? A C7 Corvette Z06 with a manual trans. How about the only car that Randy Pobst (of Motor Trend) has driven faster around Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca than a new Viper ACR? A Porsche 918 Spyder, which, despite being so much more advanced, only beat the ACR around Laguna Seca by 0.6 seconds. The ACR was quicker around the track than a McLaren P1, and THREE SECONDS faster than a new Corvette Z06 and 911 GT3 RS. So it's not like the manual trans is incapable in today's world! : )
Last modified by Mazdafreak, 03 March 2016, 15:15

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
bullchaser, 03 March 2016, 16:18
ExoticSam wrote:
racemanryan wrote:
hyoung90 wrote:
MDPhotography88 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
Thread for the 2016 Geneva show. Autoblog

Here's the Centenario. I like it better than the Veneno, but I kind of miss the Veneno's huge wing. Hopefully I'll see one in person in the near future (I still haven't seen a Veneno though).

[http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/381/684/9/S3816849/slug/l/01-lamborghini-centenario-geneva-1.jpg]

I think Lamborghini did an awful job with the Centinario, but that's just my opinion

The Centenario is so hideous it makes my eyes hurt. Looks like Lamborghini just gave up midway through and gave it to Mansory for a hideous remake.
Real disappointing to be honest

I don't think it's that bad. It would definitely look better without all the gold accents.

Agreed. All the gold fins are disgusting. It looks like an Aventador got crushed by a bulldozer and flattened

Lol no pun intended

I don't think it's terrible, but I don't think it is anywhere near the Veneno or Reventon.

bullchaser
from Illinois
r8lover, 03 March 2016, 23:09
Mazdafreak wrote:
Well, whether the gear changes are commanded via thumb shifters on the front of the steering wheel or paddles behind the wheel, the computer is still doing the shifting, and it's not as involving as using a clutch pedal and changing gears yourself.

The type of shifters used makes a big difference as to how involved you feel in the car. Little buttons are massively different than paddles, and using the gear selector to shift (pushing it forward or backward) also is different than using paddles. Plus the paddle/gear selector travel also makes a difference too, in my opinion. The GranTurismo felt like you had to pull the paddle a mile before it clicked, which honestly made it feel more powerful and like I was more in control. The PDK requires much less force and distance before shifting gears.

That fine line isn't necessarily a bad thing. It means that you can enjoy the feeling of selecting the gears yourself or you can get the absolute best times possible.

I don't care how manual transmission cars compare to other models of cars that use automatics. That makes absolutely no difference as it's like comparing apples and oranges. A better comparison would be of a manual Z06 compared to an automatic Z06. A 918, while a great car, is not a hardcore, stripped out race car like the the ACR is. It may not be incapable, but think of how much more capable it could have been.
Deleted account
Post a reply