Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
hyoung90, 02 March 2016, 02:58
MDPhotography88 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
Thread for the 2016 Geneva show. Autoblog

Here's the Centenario. I like it better than the Veneno, but I kind of miss the Veneno's huge wing. Hopefully I'll see one in person in the near future (I still haven't seen a Veneno though).

[http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/381/684/9/S3816849/slug/l/01-lamborghini-centenario-geneva-1.jpg]

I think Lamborghini did an awful job with the Centinario, but that's just my opinion

The Centenario is so hideous it makes my eyes hurt. Looks like Lamborghini just gave up midway through and gave it to Mansory for a hideous remake.
Real disappointing to be honest

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
racemanryan, 02 March 2016, 03:05
hyoung90 wrote:
MDPhotography88 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

Here's the Centenario. I like it better than the Veneno, but I kind of miss the Veneno's huge wing. Hopefully I'll see one in person in the near future (I still haven't seen a Veneno though).

[http://o.aolcdn.com/dims-global/dims3/GLOB/legacy_thumbnail/750x422/quality/95/http://www.blogcdn.com/slideshows/images/slides/381/684/9/S3816849/slug/l/01-lamborghini-centenario-geneva-1.jpg]

I think Lamborghini did an awful job with the Centinario, but that's just my opinion

The Centenario is so hideous it makes my eyes hurt. Looks like Lamborghini just gave up midway through and gave it to Mansory for a hideous remake.

I don't think it's that bad. It would definitely look better without all the gold accents.

racemanryan
from Rocky Mount, North Carolina
sumosloths, 02 March 2016, 05:50
racemanryan wrote:
hyoung90 wrote:
MDPhotography88 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

I don't think it's that bad. It would definitely look better without all the gold accents.

Aw I like the gold accents :(

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
ExoticSam, 02 March 2016, 12:28
This post was deleted 02 March 2016, 12:30 by ExoticSam

ExoticSam
from Cape Cod, Massachusetts
ExoticSam, 02 March 2016, 12:32
racemanryan wrote:
hyoung90 wrote:
MDPhotography88 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

Agreed. All the gold fins are disgusting. It looks like an Aventador got crushed by a bulldozer and flattened

Lol no pun intended
Last modified by ExoticSam, 02 March 2016, 12:32

ExoticSam
from Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Mazdafreak, 02 March 2016, 14:45
r8lover wrote:
It can be both. Plus, while I can drive a manual just fine, I cannot stand driving it in the city, where those cars are likely to be a lot of the time.

And actually, it is a bit different, as 0-60 isn't the only acceleration time. I'd like to see what the difference between and auto and manual is in a real world test like passing someone on a highway or in a passing zone on a two lane road, where you have to shift down to the right gear to get around them (which is instantaneous in some automatics). Plus that manual 0-60 time is assuming you can get it off the line 100% perfectly, whereas in an automatic sports car there is launch control.

Funny, you'd think the automatic would be the least tiring one lol.

Well, I can sort of understand that about traffic, although to me traffic is going to be the same regardless of whether you're in a manual or automatic, and unless it's a continuous stop-and-roll on a continuous uphill, I personally don't really find it that irritating to drive a manual in traffic. Also, manual is still very common in Europe, and despite the traffic in London for example, I've heard that about 80% of people still drive manuals there. So it's doable, you just can't creep up three feet every time the person in front of you does.

Continued in next post because I ran out of room : /

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Forzafaithful99, 02 March 2016, 14:45
I honestly thought it was a Mansory Huracan when I saw the pictures....

Forzafaithful99
Mazdafreak, 02 March 2016, 14:45
You have to plan ahead more when you're driving a manual, but I think that helps keep you focused on the road. And I think it depends how good you are at downshifting to pass someone effectively...in my mom's Passat 1.8T, it downshifts very quickly (if you are driving in Tiptronic mode), but doesn't have a lot of power below about 3,000 rpm, so on a backroad you'd have to downshift twice (into third gear) to really have much passing power. Compare that to my A6, where I can go directly from fifth gear to third gear, and the passing times are about even. And true, 0-60 isn't really a good comparison now since automatics have launch control and quicker shifts, plus for manual cars it's hard on the clutch to do repeated 0-60 runs. 5-60 evens that out somewhat, though manual will still be a tenth or two slower due to slower shifts but can hang with an automatic for longer.

I really haven't driven a car with a truly great transmission (manual or auto) in a while. My manual A6 is easy to drive, but the gearing is somewhat weird. My dad's auto Allroad 2.7T, while it has plenty of low-end torque, is difficult to drive smoothly except when I'm accelerating hard. And my mom's Passat 1.8T doesn't have enough power below 3,000 rpm to really work well with an automatic, as it is always trying to upshift before then. I did get to drive a six speed manual first-gen Audi TT though, and that was a hoot...good handling, great gearing, and nice, short throws.

You would make a post right then, Matt! :P
Last modified by Mazdafreak, 02 March 2016, 14:46

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
r8lover, 02 March 2016, 19:14
Mazdafreak wrote:
Well, I can sort of understand that about traffic, although to me traffic is going to be the same regardless of whether you're in a manual or automatic, and unless it's a continuous stop-and-roll on a continuous uphill, I personally don't really find it that irritating to drive a manual in traffic. Also, manual is still very common in Europe, and despite the traffic in London for example, I've heard that about 80% of people still drive manuals there. So it's doable, you just can't creep up three feet every time the person in front of you does.

Continued in next post because I ran out of room : /

When it comes to creeping up, I know if I don't do it then the person next to me will use that moment to slide right into the space in front of me (it almost consistently happens). The big thing about Europe is that the manual versions of cars are cheaper over there, and unlike over here, non-car enthusiasts will buy them due to the prices. Plus there are also numerous models there not offered here.
Deleted account
r8lover, 02 March 2016, 19:19
Mazdafreak wrote:
You have to plan ahead more when you're driving a manual...

It does require a bit more focus, though honestly with some people (such as yourself or anyone else who is good at a manual) it becomes second nature almost to the point that for you it's automatic, in the same way that driving the same route daily or doing the same thing over and over again is almost capable of being done without thought.

In automatic mode, you can typically just put your foot down to where you'd need it and let the gearbox select it for you or if it's something like a PDK or Ford's awful manumatic system you hit the downshift button twice or three times and it sorts out the gears for you.

I feel like some of the disdain towards automatics for you could arise from the fact that you don't appear to have driven a properly good one. I used to be more in support of manuals before I drove the PDK system in the Boxster, which is absolutely flawless.
Deleted account
Mazdafreak, 02 March 2016, 19:39
r8lover wrote:
When it comes to creeping up, I know if I don't do it then the person next to me will use that moment to slide right into the space in front of me (it almost consistently happens). The big thing about Europe is that the manual versions of cars are cheaper over there, and unlike over here, non-car enthusiasts will buy them due to the prices. Plus there are also numerous models there not offered here.

Manuals are less expensive than automatics in the US as well : ) With the exception of non-M BMWs, which offer manuals as no-cost options.

r8lover wrote:
...I feel like some of the disdain towards automatics for you could arise from the fact that you don't appear to have driven a properly good one. I used to be more in support of manuals before I drove the PDK system in the Boxster, which is absolutely flawless.

I haven't had an opportunity to drive a PDK/DSG yet. However, in my line of thinking, it's really no different to the driver than a Tiptronic other than it can shift a bit quicker than a Tip can, and I really just don't feel involved with the car unless I am actually changing the gears. In a Tiptronic, I'm just telling the computer to change gears, and it's not any more involving to me if the computer shifts them faster or slower than I can.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
r8lover, 02 March 2016, 20:35
Mazdafreak wrote:
Manuals are less expensive than automatics in the US as well : ) With the exception of non-M BMWs, which offer manuals as no-cost options.

Though they aren't offered on as many models here, since the interest simply isn't there. Plus a lot of the cars they are offered on over in Europe seem to be small hatchbacks, MPVs, crossovers, etc that either aren't imported to the US or are from brands that don't sell in the US.

Mazdafreak wrote:
I haven't had an opportunity to drive a PDK/DSG yet. However, in my line of thinking, it's really no different to the driver than a Tiptronic other than it can shift a bit quicker than a Tip can, and I really just don't feel involved with the car unless I am actually changing the gears. In a Tiptronic, I'm just telling the computer to change gears, and it's not any more involving to me if the computer shifts them faster or slower than I can.

It shifts a lot faster, plus being able to use paddles (I'm not sure if the tiptronic has those) makes the experience more involving than just hitting a button or the shifter.
Deleted account
Lamborarri, 02 March 2016, 23:53
Most of the exotics from the Geneva show this year were ugly, with the exception of cars like the Bugatti Chiron, the final McLaren P1 MSO, Pagani Huayra BC, and Koenigsegg Agera Final Series.

But honestly, my favorite car from Geneva this year is probably the Zenvo TSR. I really like it for some odd reason.

[http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--tNNICZMB--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/udaiuyphtgpqymglm8k6.jpg]

Lamborarri
from Illinois
MrHOC, 03 March 2016, 00:52
I'm extremely excited for the Chiron. The BC looks scary. And that Zenvo made my jaw drop.
Deleted account
Lamborarri, 03 March 2016, 02:14
[http://www.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2016/03/Lamborghini-Huracan-Avio-Front.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&fit=around%7C644%3A428&crop=644%3A428%3B*%2C*]

Here's one more car from Geneva that I really liked, and not surprisingly, it's a Huracan. Lamborghini unveiled the Huracan Avio as a tribute to the Italian Air Force. The spec is amazing in my opinion.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
Post a reply