Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Ma-auto, 08 March 2015, 18:10
Update on the Fast and Furious pack: You WILL be able to use the cars in Freeroam.

Ma-auto
from Boston, Massachusetts
r8lover, 08 March 2015, 20:18
Driveblox man wrote:
Update on the Fast and Furious pack: You WILL be able to use the cars in Freeroam.

Why wouldn't you have been able to? The game is essentially 50% freeroam.
Deleted account
Ma-auto, 08 March 2015, 20:37
r8lover wrote:
Driveblox man wrote:

Why wouldn't you have been able to? The game is essentially 50% freeroam.

It is a standalone pack; basically a separate game. FH2 is not needed to play, which is why the concern was being tossed around.

Ma-auto
Ma-auto, 17 March 2015, 17:12
What are your opinions on the MX-5 pack? (r8lover, if you have nothing nice to say, ignore this. If you do have something positive to say, please do.)

Ma-auto
Vinchops, 17 March 2015, 21:26
kinda useless to add 4 extremely similar cars. although nice to drive four is excessive

Vinchops
W16, 17 March 2015, 22:14
Driveblox man wrote:
What are your opinions on the MX-5 pack? (r8lover, if you have nothing nice to say, ignore this. If you do have something positive to say, please do.)

This is a stupid thing to say. People are allowed to have differing opinions.

W16
from Pennsylvania
lamboman505, 18 March 2015, 08:50
W16 wrote:
Driveblox man wrote:

This is a stupid thing to say. People are allowed to have differing opinions.

agreed.

lamboman505
from somewhere in, New Mexico
W16, 18 March 2015, 09:13
If I'm allowed to say something, which I guess I wouldn't be, all I have to say is I'm starting to hate this game. They keep finding ways to make the DLCs even worse. I hate the Miata more than most other cars in the world and I certainly don't want 4 more of them. I didn't have FH1 but I looked at the car list and it looks like the best game ever compared to this. Unfortunately this is the only game I have for Xbox and was actually the reason I got the Xbox and it certainly hasn't been worth it yet.

W16
from Pennsylvania
Diablo_SV, 18 March 2015, 10:24
W16 wrote:
If I'm allowed to say something, which I guess I wouldn't be, all I have to say is I'm starting to hate this game. They keep finding ways to make the DLCs even worse. I hate the Miata more than most other cars in the world and I certainly don't want 4 more of them. I didn't have FH1 but I looked at the car list and it looks like the best game ever compared to this. Unfortunately this is the only game I have for Xbox and was actually the reason I got the Xbox and it certainly hasn't been worth it yet.

Yeah the case list in Horizon 1 is much better. I was playing Forza 4 the other day and noticed how the cars in it are many times better than the ones in Horizon 2 (not counting race cars)

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
maxim380, 18 March 2015, 10:26
W16 wrote:

I wouldn't say I hate the game, but I definitely agree with you one the car list part. FH1 had things like the FXX and Zonda R. I also really liked that some car came as a convertible and a coupe.

But I think the main reason why the car list is so much worse is because this is still only the 2nd Forza on this console. So all cars have to be made (again) for this generation, which takes time. This isn't Gran Turismo where PS2 cars are still used on the PS3.
Last modified by maxim380, 18 March 2015, 15:29

maxim380
from Netherlands
W16, 18 March 2015, 12:28
maxim380 wrote:
I wouldn't say I hate the game, but I definitely agree with you one the car list part. FH1 had things like the FXX and Zonda R. I also really liked that some car came as a convertible and a coupe.

But I think the main reason why the car list is so much worse is because this is still only the 2nd Forza on this console. So all cars have to be made (again) for this generation, which takes time. This isn't Gran Turismo where PS2 cars are still used on the PS3.

Well the game isn't getting any better because there's only so much you can do in it. The only thing keeping the game fresh is adding new, exciting cars but they aren't doing that at all. My complaint isn't the number of cars, it's the quality of cars. Instead of spending the time to make four Miatas or Beetles or every iteration of the STi that ever happened, they could put some exciting cars in the game.

W16
from Pennsylvania
Ma-auto, 18 March 2015, 14:59
I agree that my last post was a bit stupid. On to another topic...

Ok. Turn10 has approximately 11 months to make a game. Every time they make a new game, they have to re-laser measure each car, re-scan every tack or create a new map, meticulously record each and every car again, and re-map each and every car's driving characteristics. This takes up basically all of their time. Then there are the little things; voicing, the dealer, the garage, the game map... then they have to release the game. This is why Horizon 2 was quite glitchy at launch. Then updates came around and almost all of them were fixed. Being the most advanced and largest Forza game ever, there still are some glitches... Once Turn10 fixed these, their focus was Car Packs. Everyone knows that these come out on a monthly basis, and that there are 6 cars in them. Turn10 has to make a decision: to put expensive supercars into the game, which would be extremely costly, or put these cars that cater to (most) people's wants and keep costs down to improve the game later or to use for FM6. Obviously they choose the latter. This way, they can get more cars into the game while using less money to put towards other games.Also, a note: back in 2012, when the first Horizon was released, they did have cars like the Zonda R and FXX. 2 years later, Horizon 2 was launched. The time gap here has led to these types of cars not being built anymore and sitting in garages. Tun10 no longer has access to these types of cars. If they did, they definitely would've put them in the game. But they don't. So we have to live with that.

Ma-auto
maxim380, 18 March 2015, 15:10
Driveblox man wrote:
I agree that my last post was a bit stupid. On to another topic...

Ok. Turn10 has approximately 11 months to make a game. Every time they make a new game, they have to re-laser measure each car, re-scan every tack or create a new map, meticulously record each and every car again, and re-map each and every car's driving characteristics. This takes up basically all of their time. Then there are the little things; voicing, the dealer, the garage, the game map... then they have to release the game. This is why Horizon 2 was quite glitchy at launch. Then updates came around and almost all of them were fixed. Being the most advanced and largest Forza game ever, there still are some glitches... Once Turn10 fixed these, their focus was Car Packs. Everyone knows that these come out on a monthly basis, and that there are 6 cars in them. Turn10 has to make a decision: to put expensive supercars into the game, which would be extremely costly, or put these cars that cater to (most) people's wants and keep costs down to improve the game later or to use for FM6. Obviously they choose the latter. This way, they can get more cars into the game while using less money to put towards other games.Also, a note: back in 2012, when the first Horizon was released, they did have cars like the Zonda R and FXX. 2 years later, Horizon 2 was launched. The time gap here has led to these types of cars not being built anymore and sitting in garages. Tun10 no longer has access to these types of cars. If they did, they definitely would've put them in the game. But they don't. So we have to live with that.

I agree with what you're saying, but that still doesn't explain why some cars like the 599 GTO aren't in FH2. I don't believe they rescan the cars that were already in FM5 for FH2.

maxim380
from Netherlands
Ma-auto, 18 March 2015, 16:44
This post was deleted 18 March 2015, 21:44 by Ma-auto

Ma-auto
Ma-auto, 18 March 2015, 16:44
It's possible. Still a painstaking process.

Ma-auto
Post a reply