Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
r8lover, 09 October 2013, 17:03
First of all, no. An exotic as a first car is a generally awful idea. From what I can gather, it looks like you'll be paying for this yourself. Which means the expensive fuel, insurance, and repair bills will fall upon you to take care of. Save the exotic for when you're older and can actually afford the car and everything that goes with it.

Secondly, good luck with that job. The people at the Miller Motorcars Facility would only consider hiring an experienced intern, likely out of college. An inexperienced 16 year old would never, and I repeat never, get that job, let alone get paid that much.

Go for a car that will be reliable at the end of the day and that you can easily afford to repair if something goes wrong. American, German, or Japanese cars usually do check these boxs.

Also, don't go for something to impress the kids at your school. Ignore the dumb bastards and move on with your life.
Last modified by r8lover, 09 October 2013, 21:04
Deleted account
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 17:11
r8lover wrote:
First of all, no. An exotic as a first car is a generally awful idea. From what I can gather, it looks like you'll be paying for this yourself. Which means the expensive fuel, insurance, and repair bills will fall upon you to take care of. Save the exotic for when you're older and can actually afford the car and everything that goes with it.

Secondly, good luck with that job. The people at the Miller Motorcars Facility would only consider hiring an experienced intern, likely out of college. An inexperienced 16 year old would never, and I repeat never, get that job, let alone get paid that much.

Go for a car that will be reliable at the end of the day and that you can easily afford to repair if something goes wrong. American, German, or Japanese cars usually do check these boxs.

Also, don't go for something to impress the kids at your school. Ignore the dumb bastards and move on with your life.

1. Alright, so much for a cool car...
2. My mom actually took me there when we found out about the black Enzo that idiot posted. My mom talked to one of the mechanics there, and he said that I would be a perfect fit for a job there. He saw how much I loved cars when I showed him all the photos I took.
3. Would a 1990s Mustang be good enough, or no?

Rivitography
from New York
r8lover, 09 October 2013, 17:14
Rivitography wrote:
r8lover wrote:

1. Alright, so much for a cool car...
2. My mom actually took me there when we found out about the black Enzo that idiot posted. My mom talked to one of the mechanics there, and he said that I would be a perfect fit for a job there. He saw how much I loved cars when I showed him all the photos I took.

A Mustang may work. By the way, you can still get cool cars that aren't exotic.

And perfect fit for the job means your personality fits it. I could show an interest in being a doctor, but never get hired by a hospital now because I have no idea about illnesses. You need to have proper training. They'd probably look for you once you were in college or out of it, and that's only if they have an opening. Not trying to be a dream crusher, just being realistic.
Deleted account
wtfsia69, 09 October 2013, 17:22
Good luck trying to get a PAYING job at Miller Motorcars, and if you really think you'll be making that amount at that age then you're still too young and naive to own/drive a sports/exotic car. Also I don't understand your rational, the only reason you want to own a nice car is so you can show off and look down on other people? Is that your perspective on life? Oh I drive a better car then you, hence I'm better then you. And if girls only go out with you on dates because of your car then they're not worth your time. I know it sucks to get picked on at school and all that cr*p, but you have to change your character in order to get out of the cycle, you don't want to make friends through your car, you want friends who want to be your friend purely on who you are, not what you drive.

You still have some years to mature and hopefully by the time you get your license you'll understand what everyone on this site is trying to tell you. We don't hate you, you just have to learn to develop your character. I wish you all the best with you endeavors.

wtfsia69
cartmen220, 09 October 2013, 17:23
Oh, a job at miller motorcars? Yeah, forget it. Even if you got the job right away (which in reality you probably need 5-10 years of experience for), no way in hell they'd pay $4,400 a week ($230k a year) at entry level. I thought you were talking about being a banker or surgeon or something.

cartmen220
from New Jersey
CTspotter458, 09 October 2013, 17:24
another route is tuning VW or Audis or japaneese cars

thats what im going to do

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
cartmen220, 09 October 2013, 17:24
Rivitography wrote:

You can definitely get something from the 21st century that would be way more reliable than that. Don't look for a sports car at that budget imo.
Last modified by cartmen220, 09 October 2013, 21:25

cartmen220
from New Jersey
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 17:25
r8lover wrote:

And perfect fit for the job means your personality fits it. I could show an interest in being a doctor, but never get hired by a hospital now because I have no idea about illnesses. You need to have proper training. They'd probably look for you once you were in college or out of it, and that's only if they have an opening. Not trying to be a dream crusher, just being realistic.

I want to take shop next year in school instead of having Spanish, and all that other cr*p. I would get to go take the school bus to a tech center, and learn right away on how to work on cars. Plus, I could think of so many different colors I could put on the Mustang.
Last modified by Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 21:27

Rivitography
from New York
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 17:29
wtfsia69 wrote:
Good luck trying to get a PAYING job at Miller Motorcars, and if you really think you'll be making that amount at that age then you're still too young and naive to own/drive a sports/exotic car. Also I don't understand your rational, the only reason you want to own a nice car is so you can show off and look down on other people? Is that your perspective on life? Oh I drive a better car then you, hence I'm better then you. And if girls only go out with you on dates because of your car then they're not worth your time. I know it sucks to get picked on at school and all that cr*p, but you have to change your character in order to get out of the cycle, you don't want to make friends through your car, you want friends who want to be your friend purely on who you are, not what you drive.

You still have some years to mature and hopefully by the time you get your license you'll understand what everyone on this site is trying to tell you. We don't hate you, you just have to learn to develop your character. I wish you all the best with you endeavors.

Well I don't want my car looking like cr*p compared to all the other high-schoolers getting used Bimmers either.

Rivitography
from New York
r8lover, 09 October 2013, 17:29
Rivitography wrote:
r8lover wrote:

I want to take shop next year in school instead of having Spanish, and all that other cr*p. I would get to go take the school bus to a tech center, and learn right away on how to work on cars. Plus, I could think of so many different colors I could put on the Mustang.

As someone already said, you'd need years of experience. One year of high school shop class will get you nowhere.
Deleted account
Chloe, 09 October 2013, 17:30
Rivitography wrote:
Well I don't want my car looking like cr*p compared to all the other high-schoolers getting used Bimmers either.

A 90's Mustang looks like cr*p.
Deleted account
CTspotter458, 09 October 2013, 17:31
Rivitography wrote:
wtfsia69 wrote:

DUB THE CAR!!!!!! Whatever you call it, Ricer, Dub, Fast and Furious, do that, and it will look cool

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
cartmen220, 09 October 2013, 17:32
CTspotter458 wrote:
DUB THE CAR!!!!!! Whatever you call it, Ricer, Dub, Fast and Furious, do that, and it will look cool

No it won't lol

cartmen220
from New Jersey
Rivitography, 09 October 2013, 17:33
CTspotter458 wrote:
Rivitography wrote:
wtfsia69 wrote:

If it's one thing I don't want to do, it's ricing my car. I do not want to look like I'm from the ghettos of NYC.

Rivitography
from New York
r8lover, 09 October 2013, 17:34
This post was deleted 09 October 2013, 21:34 by r8lover
Deleted account
Post a reply