Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
cargame_parker, 16 April 2015, 07:25
Was talking to my cousin from outside of San Fransico and we started talking about differences between what types of cars you see in certain parts of the U.S. For examle he said you see more exotic colored supercars out west than you do in the east but I told him that in the east coast you will probabaly see more exotic colors up north or in Miami. Color is just an example,however. But what do you guys think about this? Like, what differences do you guys see in terms of cars depending on which side or region you guys are in or have been in inside the U.S. Obviously weather is one of the most major factors but there are much more

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
venomgt95, 16 April 2015, 07:35
cargame_parker wrote:
Was talking to my cousin from outside of San Fransico and we started talking about differences between what types of cars you see in certain parts of the U.S. For examle he said you see more exotic colored supercars out west than you do in the east but I told him that in the east coast you will probabaly see more exotic colors up north or in Miami. Color is just an example,however. But what do you guys think about this? Like, what differences do you guys see in terms of cars depending on which side or region you guys are in or have been in inside the U.S. Obviously weather is one of the most major factors but there are much more

If you want Old and Muscle cars, come to Michigan. Theres not a day that goes by where i dont see an old corvette or chevelle

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
hyoung90, 16 April 2015, 08:11
In Dallas, you'd see a sh*t load of Maseratis, Bentleys, Rolls Royces, Astons and often Ferraris or Lamborghinis.
Colorwise, a lot of exotics here are either black, silver or white. We do have a good amount of "exotic colored" cars, but most of them are what i consider normal colors.

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
AJ Ferrari, 16 April 2015, 11:25
I know that in Huntsville, AL we have a ton of muscle cars, old and new. Residents also seem to be very fond of BMW, Mercedes, and Porsche. Of the few exotic cars we have in the area, most are not flashy colors.

AJ Ferrari
bullchaser, 16 April 2015, 11:43
hyoung90 wrote:
In Dallas, you'd see a sh*t load of Maseratis, Bentleys, Rolls Royces, Astons and often Ferraris or Lamborghinis.
Colorwise, a lot of exotics here are either black, silver or white. We do have a good amount of "exotic colored" cars, but most of them are what i consider normal colors.

When I was in California, I saw more white Ferraris then I have spotted anywhere else. Illinois has a ton of black/grey/silver exotics which I am not too fond of.

bullchaser
from Illinois
DjShift, 16 April 2015, 12:13
Upstate NY is full of classic muscle cars and 30's/40's classics. Probably because a lot of cars were manufactured up here back in those days. And for colors, i see a lot of orange, blue, and black. Also an oddly large amount of E-Types which is a good thing.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
sumosloths, 16 April 2015, 16:27
If your friend lives near San Francisco, he shouldn't see too many exotic-colored cars. Most of them around here are black, white, silver, or grey, except Ferraris are mostly red. I guess the McLarens around here have pretty cool colors, though.

To give you an idea, here are some cars with their most common colors (these are not the only colors I've seen, just the ones that I see the most of):
Aventadors are almost always white or orange.
Huracans are almost always white or grey, though some orange ones are popping up.
458's are usually red, though a lot are white or black.
F12's are usually red or black.
12C's vary between orange, black, and white.
650S's are usually some kind of orange, red, or grey.
We have three LaFerrari's, two red and one yellow.
We have a bunch of P1's, two orange, two red, two black, one white (there have been others, but I'm not sure if they're still local).
We have three Huayras, one black, one silver, and one in black carbon with a red stripe on each side.

I went to a car meet in Houston a few months ago and saw lots of different colors on cars there, like a green Huracan, a dark purple 458, a purple Diablo, etc.

I've also noticed that certain brands or models are more common in different places. For example, I read somewhere that northern California has the most McLarens of any other place in the country. The P1 is definitely the most popular hypercar here. The most popular hypercar in LA would be either the P1 or the Veyron. And based on hyoung90's spots, the 918 seems to be the most popular in Dallas.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Twinbros22, 16 April 2015, 17:25
If you come to the little town of Galena (which I don't expect you to), you will see mostly old muscle cars and an abundance of Corvettes. (Just saw a C6 and C3 today!) Most of the tourists/residence are older; there are not too many sports cars in the area. You won't usually see any cars on the weekdays. The cars in the area are the classic luxury colors; white, silver and black. The one Ferrari in the area is Rosso Corsa, however.

Twinbros22
from South Carolina
Lamborarri, 17 April 2015, 20:58
Downers Grove has tons of 911 997 Cabrios and get a decent amount of Ferraris. Lamborghinis and McLarens are rare though. We also have countless Ms, AMGs, S/RS models, and many Bentleys.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
Lamborarri, 17 April 2015, 20:59
bullchaser wrote:
hyoung90 wrote:

When I was in California, I saw more white Ferraris then I have spotted anywhere else. Illinois has a ton of black/grey/silver exotics which I am not too fond of.

I agree with you, hate the spec on most of our exotics!

Lamborarri
from Illinois
FanOfSuperCars, 18 April 2015, 00:24
sumosloths wrote:

This is usually the case, no matter where you are. Kinda unfortunate there isn't more colors people get them in.

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
FanOfSuperCars, 18 April 2015, 00:24
This post was deleted 18 April 2015, 05:24 by FanOfSuperCars

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
HAWPhotography, 18 April 2015, 10:40
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

This is usually the case, no matter where you are. Kinda unfortunate there isn't more colors people get them in.

I see a lot of yellow and blue ones!
Deleted account
MrCar, 18 April 2015, 13:21
Columbus is full of classic cars

MrCar
TYI, 19 April 2015, 01:47
Lots of Porsches, Maseratis, GT-R and AMG Mercedes.
There are quite a lot of McLarens in town. 6 MP4-12C's, 2 650S Spiders, 7 12C Spiders, F1 GTR

TYI
from Columbus, Ohio
Post a reply